Sponsored

How does one get the manuals and wiring diagrams and parts diagrams?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I am not saying there is no value. IMO a part number is a crucial piece of data that you need when you want to repair or mod something, and it seems like it's missing.

Can you share an example of system component and wiring diagram that you can get there?
I imagine burdening the folks that create/maintain/manage a service manual with the additional challenge of parts phish information isn't reasonable.
Even wiring diagrams for one of these new trucks is a vast venture.

The service manual for my 2022 F150 is 15,000 pages! (wonderful table of contents and search feature, thankfully)

The wiring manual is more than 5000 pages.

A parts list has the shortest ttl (time to live) of the 3 databases. Parts are revised often for the life of the vehicle. So the published part number for every bolt, washer.... component being published in the more "permanent" service manual just isn't something that Ford chooses to do.
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
The service manual for my 2022 F150 is 15,000 pages! (wonderful table of contents and search feature, thankfully)

The wiring manual is more than 5000 pages.
Is that the 'Helm DVD' you're referencing?

If yes, a few questions if I may, not (yet) having purchased that for my 2022 ....
  • Does the 2022 F-150/Raptor Service Information Manual DVD include the wiring manual? I ask because that was specifically mentioned as included in the DVD description for my former 2914 Escape but It's not in the linked F150 product description. I don't find a separate Helm item for the 2022 F150 wiring manual on DVD/CD ROM, only paper.
  • Are you perchance successfully running the Helm DVD on a Windows 10 PC with the current MS Edge 'chromium' browser? Or, what OS and browser are you using in conjunction with the DVD manuals?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
Not a Helms sourced Service Manual or Wiring manual.

Post #1 in the thread below points to the source and it is purchased VIN specific.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/factory-manuals-com-product-review.12174/
Ah, that's my review and that one I've got, being straight PDF it runs on 'anything' of course, thanks anyway.

It's a nice manual but I really miss the fully-interactive / hyperlinking features of the 'Helm DVD' interface I enjoyed so much on the one for my Escape (and there's some MY / not VIN-filtered 2022 info I'd like to see, too).

Guess I'm just gonna have to cough-up the ~$200 for the Helm DVD and then figure out / do whatever it takes to run it on my PC.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's hilarious.
I linked you to your own post and didn't even notice.

I can be..... Well, old sometimes. Sorry about that.

By the way, great review.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
Absolutely no worries, and thank you. :)

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I would like some feedback on the Helm dvd too. Definitely would want the links to work. I would rather have it on PDF, but I guess I can convert it. Only computer I have that still has a cd drive is really slow though.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
External DVD with USB 3.0
Handy for using DVD with your latest powerhouse

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
There you go, making sense again😀

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What's amazing is that $25 will get one delivered to your front door that Reads/Writes CD/DVD

Do you remember how expensive the first DVD Burners were? Amazing times we live in.

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Attached are random sample of WSM text sections / cells (wiring diagram) / connector detail / R&R procedures I printed to PDF during a subscription service session. There's many more types of diagrams (e.g. pictorial views showing harness routing within the vehicle body/chassis). You can print a heck of a lot of pages to PDF for future reference during a 72-hour subscription session. Based on working from a Helm DVD for a previous vehicle (2014 Ford Escape) it is identical to working with the subscription online.

You may note that different sections have different revision dates - individual sections are constantly revised by Ford on an as-needed basis; with the subscription you'll always see the most current, with the Helm DVD all will be 'frozen in time' when the DVD is produced.

Note that the blue text on the wiring diagram cell are hyperlinks which you click to jump to related details and or diagrams (while actively online with the subscription or running the Helm DVD on your PC). Wiring diagrams are divided into "cells" (pages) often with many cells to show the complete wiring for a given 'system' - they're sensibly grouped together with hyperlinking arrows indicating continuation of circuits from one cell to another.

Note that many R&R procedures are divided to 'subassemblies' so several sections may need to be referenced for a complete project - each section has hyperlinks if there's need to refer to another section to accomplish that (e.g. ya gotta remove component 'X' before you can remove component 'Y').

Navigation is quickly learned, there's a detailed multi-level Table of Contents and Index which you can browse, when you find the item of interest just click that item and it's a hyperlink to the applicable content (again, same for subscription and Helm DVD).

IMO both are really superb WSM's, both in terms of content and user-friendliness. Literally tens of thousands of 'pages' of data for a given vehicle.

Thank you @Buyer2021 ! Definitely looks extensive and impressive. Much appreciated!

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
I would like some feedback on the Helm dvd too.
OK, I'm your Huckleberry, I just placed the order with Helm for the 2022 F-150/Raptor Service Information Manual DVD .

Stay tuned, I'll report back after standard delivery and installation on my vintage Dell E6530 laptop, for better or worse.

That laptop has a 'swap-able bay' CD/DVD drive, normally I have a second (data only) SSD in that bay with my OS and applications on the 'permanent' internal SSD. It's a refurb I bought from Dell Outlet back in January of 2014, running an Intel Core i7-3520M @ 2.90GHz, 16GB RAM, an NVIDIA NVS5200M 1GB graphics chip, and a 15.6” FHD (1920x1080) display. It's been a rock-solid workhorse through the years, I use it on my desktop on a Dell Dock driving two external monitors.

My trusty and much-loved Dell will not pass Microsoft's test to support Windows 11, fortunately MS has now extended WIN 10 security updates support to October 2025.

More FYI, long ago when I had the Helm CD ROM full manual for my 2014 Ford Escape on that laptop with the MS Explorer browser, here's a short version what I did insofar as installation:

When first 'launched' the CD went through an 'installation' routine which loaded some files on my PC and left me with a desktop icon for running the manuals (a shortcut to an executable file on the PC). The files and icon persist on the PC when the CD is removed, allowing quick launch of the manuals when the CD is reinserted in the drive.

I took that a bit further .....
  1. Installed the CD ROM using the swap-able drive, assigning it random drive letter "M", getting through the various installation processes; verified that all worked lovely.
  2. Made an ISO disk image of the copy-protected CD ROM on my internal SSD drive
  3. Removed the CD and drive
  4. Mounted that ISO image as virtual drive "M"
Thereafter the manuals ran perfectly off my SSD without the CD / CD drive in the machine. Running off SSD rather than the CD it was blazing fast. (y) :)

I hope to accomplish the same with this new Helm Disk, I think the only question is it playing nice with the current WIN 10 / MS Edge browser.

We'll see .....

Last edited:
OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
OK, I'm your Huckleberry, I just placed the order with Helm for the 2022 F-150/Raptor Service Information Manual DVD .

Stay tuned, I'll report back after standard delivery and installation on my vintage Dell E6530 laptop, for better or worse.

That laptop has a 'swap-able bay' CD/DVD drive, normally I have a second (data only) SSD in that bay with my OS and applications on the 'permanent' internal SSD. It's a refurb I bought from Dell Outlet back in January of 2014, running an Intel Core i7-3520M @ 2.90GHz, 16GB RAM, an NVIDIA NVS5200M 1GB graphics chip, and a 15.6” FHD (1920x1080) display. It's been a rock-solid workhorse through the years, I use it on my desktop on a Dell Dock driving two external monitors.

My trusty and much-loved Dell will not pass Microsoft's test to support Windows 11, fortunately MS has now extended WIN 10 security updates support to October 2025.

More FYI, long ago when I had the Helm CD ROM full manual for my 2014 Ford Escape on that laptop with the MS Explorer browser, here's a short version what I did insofar as installation:

When first 'launched' the CD went through an 'installation' routine which loaded some files on my PC and left me with a desktop icon for running the manuals (a shortcut to an executable file on the PC). The files and icon persist on the PC when the CD is removed, allowing quick launch of the manuals when the CD is reinserted in the drive.

I took that a bit further .....
  1. Installed the CD ROM using the swap-able drive, assigning it random drive letter "M", getting through the various installation processes; verified that all worked lovely.
  2. Made an ISO disk image of the copy-protected CD ROM on my internal SSD drive
  3. Removed the CD and drive
  4. Mounted that ISO image as virtual drive "M"
Thereafter the manuals ran perfectly off my SSD without the CD / CD drive in the machine. Running off SSD rather than the CD it was blazing fast. (y) :)

I hope to accomplish the same with this new Helm Disk, I think the only question is it playing nice with the current WIN 10 / MS Edge browser.

We'll see .....
That virual drive is likely a good way to go as very few have CD laptops these days. Very curious to see how this works out for new manual.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
That virual drive is likely a good way to go as very few have CD laptops these days. Very curious to see how this works out for new manual.
Yeah, IIRC I couldn't install it from the ISO copy, had to use the original CD for that then swap to the same-letter virtual drive. CD copy protection doing its job I guess.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!

Well, the tests on the Dell E6530 laptop running WIN10Pro, MS Edge, and Adobe Acrobat Pro 20 (current non-subscription version of Acrobat) are not at all encouraging. :cautious:
  • The installation seems to go OK, asks and installs SVG viewer, no problem.
  • Then, when the program is launched it shows acrobat and shockwave not installed; no idea why it's not finding my acrobat and of course shockwave is not supported anymore, at least not on MS Edge :unsure:
    • Though not used by MS Edge, Adobe Shockwave Player 12.3 is installed on my machine
    • Adobe Acrobat Pro 20 is my default PDF viewer and plays nice with MS Edge in all other respects
  • The Workshop Manuals seem to function perfectly, no problem (y)
  • BUT, when a page is selected from the Table of Contents for the Wiring Diagrams, a perpetual "Loading, please wait" message is displayed with no images resulting (n)
  • I tried reinstalling and running after toggling MS Edge to 'IE Explorer mode only' and it made no difference.
Some screenshots .....

Ford F-150 How does one get the manuals and wiring diagrams and parts diagrams? OS and Edge version screenshot

Ford F-150 How does one get the manuals and wiring diagrams and parts diagrams? screen after first installation

Ford F-150 How does one get the manuals and wiring diagrams and parts diagrams? Workshop Manual

Ford F-150 How does one get the manuals and wiring diagrams and parts diagrams? Wiring Diagrams

So, it seems that these manuals want to see an environment with an old browser like IE Explorer which runs with old-school plugins like Shockwave and Acrobat ???? Of course those are obsolete things not supported in the current world of Windows. :mad:

I've sent an email to Helm support describing the situation, we'll see what that yields; if anyone here has any suggestions please post or PM me.

BTW, to the extent that it does and does not work, the behavior is identical when the ISO image is mounted as a virtual drive and run from my laptop's internal SSD rather than from the physical CD drive.

EDIT - more FYI, here's the requirements from the Helm product page, absent any mention of browser requirements and sorely lacking recognition of the current state of the supported Windows PC environment it seems:

2022 F-150/Raptor Service Information Manual DVD - Helm Incorporated

Ford CD System Requirements:
Windows 3.1 or later [I am running WIN 10 Pro, current with all updates]
Windows NT4.0 (with service pack 4 or higher)
486-based PC or above [Intel i7 processor]
8 MB or memory or better [16GB memory]
40 MB of free disk space [100GB+ free disk space]
CD ROM drive (minimum 2x speed) [6x CD/DVD ROM drive]
VGA monitor 1024 x 768 capable is recommended [yes]
Sponsored

Last edited: