Sponsored

How do you tighten down bed cover bolts without the brackets rotating?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Maybe this is specific to my RetraxPro MX, but when I attempt to tighten down the bolts on the brackets holding it to the bed, they will "rotate" and sometimes just fall off. I had this same problem in my '17 and I feel like I'm missing something.

I'm referring to the following brackets (my GIANT red arrow is pointing to the back one):
Ford F-150 How do you tighten down bed cover bolts without the brackets rotating? 1654283705238

I did get them installed, but now torqueing them down is a struggle because of course, they want to "twist" off again.
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
https://www.amazon.com/Tools-9K-00-...ds=knipex+pliers+wrench&qid=1654286829&sr=8-3

These things come in handy for holding, pressing and turning more than I ever imagined.

My set of Channellock tongue and groove pliers have been collecting dust for everything but compressing brake pistons since I picked up a set of Knipex pliers wrenches along with some duplicates for when I need two.

The patents have expired and there are some cheap knock-off versions that need to be avoided, even the name brand ones.
Sponsored