First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 eco boost
Occupation
Ex Cleaner
I have a 2021 F150 bought in Sept. 2021, new. My problems started at 2500 miles and now a year and a half later it still hasn't been fixed. It's been at the dealer over 120 days, sometime for a month at a time. The dealer can't figure out what is causing the problem, it's been isolated to an electrical problem that involves the Cross Traffic, Blind Spot, other passenger side electronics and causes the #5 injector to fail. There are other electronic on the passenger side the dealer has said are giving code while driving. I have talked to Customer Relation, opened countless cases and talked to them for dozens of hours. Customer Relations has never called back to me or the dealer service. Ford, other than CR has never called to tell me that they are working on the problem, which has been going on for a year and a half.

Any idea of how to get past Customer Relations?
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Are you saying that the fuel injector for cylinder 5 fails, and is related to the BLIS?

That's an odd one indeed.

I wonder how many of those 120 days have been spent with someone actually working on the truck?

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I don't expect this to help. But ...
@Ford Motor Company

Worth a shot. But, might be the same bot not calling you back.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Try to find a better dealer, or hire an attorney who handles lemon law cases. Not the answer you want to hear, but it sounds like a difficult-to-trace electrical gremlin. Could be harness damage?

OP
OP

TheCleaner

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 eco boost
Occupation
Ex Cleaner
Are you saying that the fuel injector for cylinder 5 fails, and is related to the BLIS?

That's an odd one indeed.

I wonder how many of those 120 days have been spent with someone actually working on the truck?
The dealer has replaced the #5 3 time and the last time the misfiring went away for 6 months but the other problems they have not been able to fix no matter how many modules they change.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheCleaner

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 eco boost
Occupation
Ex Cleaner
Try to find a better dealer, or hire an attorney who handles lemon law cases. Not the answer you want to hear, but it sounds like a difficult-to-trace electrical gremlin. Could be harness damage?
This is the second dealer. I think it's harness damage but no one wants to go there. The Lemon Law was denied by Ford 6 months ago. I've called lawyers and haven't had success. Ford knows they have me by the balls.

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
I’d say the next time you get the truck back and it’s “fixed” you trade it off and say bye to the Ford family!

Minus what I’m guessing are lots of details, it sounds like that’s your best path forward. Sorry for your misfortune, and how poorly it sounds like Ford is taking care of you.

Good luck!

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
The dealer has replaced the #5 3 time and the last time the misfiring went away for 6 months but the other problems they have not been able to fix no matter how many modules they change.
Sounds more like a wiring issue then. Call them, beep bop on here won't do anything but waste your time.

OP
OP

TheCleaner

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 eco boost
Occupation
Ex Cleaner
I’d say the next time you get the truck back and it’s “fixed” you trade it off and say bye to the Ford family!

Minus what I’m guessing are lots of details, it sounds like that’s your best path forward. Sorry for your misfortune, and how poorly it sounds like Ford is taking care of you.

Good luck!
FORD has been nothing but bad feed back from me and they don't seem to care.

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
See if your state has a "Lemon Law." You probably would qualify to have Ford buy back the truck if your state has such a law. Document every time it hasd gone in and how long they have had it, and what was done to it.

Sponsored

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
This is the second dealer. I think it's harness damage but no one wants to go there. The Lemon Law was denied by Ford 6 months ago. I've called lawyers and haven't had success. Ford knows they have me by the balls.
Your state's laws determine your lemon law rights. Ford has no say in what each state says.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Oregon has a reasonably generous Lemon Law filing period—two years or 24,000 miles. If you haven’t had success on your own calling around for attorneys, call the Oregon State Bar for a referral to an attorney who specializes in these kinds of cases. Some basic information about Oregon law and the Bar referral number can be found here: https://www.doj.state.or.us/consume...law extends protection,for use of the vehicle.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Another thing to try would be contacting your state's Attorney General's office with the documentation of your truck issues.

OP
OP

TheCleaner

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 eco boost
Occupation
Ex Cleaner
I have a 2021 F150 bought in Sept. 2021, new. My problems started at 2500 miles and now a year and a half later it still hasn't been fixed. It's been at the dealer over 120 days, sometime for a month at a time. The dealer can't figure out what is causing the problem, it's been isolated to an electrical problem that involves the Cross Traffic, Blind Spot, other passenger side electronics and causes the #5 injector to fail. There are other electronic on the passenger side the dealer has said are giving code while driving. I have talked to Customer Relation, opened countless cases and talked to them for dozens of hours. Customer Relations has never called back to me or the dealer service. Ford, other than CR has never called to tell me that they are working on the problem, which has been going on for a year and a half.

Any idea of how to get past Customer Relations?
Well it's 11 days later and Ford has done nothing to get my truck figured out and still no loaner. Dealer tried a new injector and it didn't fix it. So they ordered more parts, now I wait for 5 days for the parts to come. In 7 days I need to leave to get home with my trailer. Any ideas on how that's going to work out? What is going on with Ford?
Sponsored