Sponsored

How can u hear these headrest speakers??

LIVRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, escape
Occupation
Engineer
Hi everyone! 2 questions for b&o unleashed

1) how can I actually hear my headrest speakers?
2) is there a diagram that shows where all the 18 speakers are located?
Sponsored

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
Hi everyone! 2 questions for b&o unleashed

1) how can I actually hear my headrest speakers?
2) is there a diagram that shows where all the 18 speakers are located?
I can't hear them at all. Maybe I hear something if I turn my head 90 degrees and push my ear up to the headrest, but some folks say those speakers are super noticeable. I don't notice them at all. Maybe that's by design?

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Don't notice mine either.

ToddnTX

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Dodge Durango, 07 GMC Sierra. 2021 Ford F-150
Agreed, don’t notice mine either unless I press my ear against it.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Use a high quality audio source. FM HD works for a quick test, depending on the actual song. Crank up the volume a bit... I can hear mine!!! Sirius XM... not so much.

Sponsored

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
Use a high quality audio source. FM HD works for a quick test, depending on the actual song. Crank up the volume a bit... I can hear mine!!! Sirius XM... not so much.
Is CarPlay high enough quality?

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
If you press and hold the "Next Track" button on the steering wheel and the one on the dash all the speakers will beep in turn so you know they're working. The headrest speakers are supposed to be light support sound to be more immersive, not something you really notice. Make sure it's on surround sound and play Bubbles by Yosi Horikawa via a high quality source, turn the volume up to 15 or higher and you should hear every speaker in the truck.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
If you press and hold the "Next Track" button on the steering wheel and the one on the dash all the speakers will beep in turn so you know they're working. The headrest speakers are supposed to be light support sound to be more immersive, not something you really notice. Make sure it's on surround sound and play Bubbles by Yosi Horikawa via a high quality source, turn the volume up to 15 or higher and you should hear every speaker in the truck.

I’m gonna have to hit this song up and see!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
It’s not the best quality photo, but here is the layout of the Bang & Olufsen Unleashed system for the 2021 Ford F-150.

The speakers in the rear doors count as two drivers according to the diagram.

Ford F-150 How can u hear these headrest speakers?? 5D890F67-D118-4F63-8189-0DC4ACF6BF76

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
I don’t have my truck yet but I saw a video where they said to make sure your sound settings are in “surround”. If they are set to “stereo” the headrest speakers won’t kick on

Sponsored

ToddnTX

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Dodge Durango, 07 GMC Sierra. 2021 Ford F-150
Also, I feel like majority of the sound is coming from the front center speaker.. however I do have terrible hearing.

BlackCloud

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
Great tips, Spud! How would you suggest I create the highest possible sound source? I have an Apple iPhone, MacBook Pro, and access to Apple Music. I am pretty techie, but have never really paid attention to the finer details of maximizing audio quality. For example, is a thumb drive, or directly wired connection required, or, in contrast, does BlueTooth choke the sound quality? Thanks for any additional insight!

F150fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Great tips, Spud! How would you suggest I create the highest possible sound source? I have an Apple iPhone, MacBook Pro, and access to Apple Music. I am pretty techie, but have never really paid attention to the finer details of maximizing audio quality. For example, is a thumb drive, or directly wired connection required, or, in contrast, does BlueTooth choke the sound quality? Thanks for any additional insight!
I would like to know this too! What's the best way to get the highest quality audio in the truck?
Sponsored