Sponsored

Houston Thread (dealership/shop recco's, meet-up's, coding/modding, help, etc.)

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
I had a great experience purchasing my truck at Friendly Ford in Crosby.
Good to know. It looks like Crosby is across Houston from us, so service might be difficult. Appreciate the feedback! Kurt H.
Sponsored

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
The one 3 miles away from me jacked me around, so I went to Legacy ford in Rosenberg, and I had a refreshingly hassle free experience.
I know this is a long shot, but I’m in the Richmond / Rosenburg area today. Is there anyone in specific that is good at Legacy Ford to get with about a F-150? Thanks, Kurt H

Deleted member 2919

I know this is a long shot, but I’m in the Richmond / Rosenburg area today. Is there anyone in specific that is good at Legacy Ford to get with about a F-150? Thanks, Kurt H
Sorry, I just saw this.

Yes, Joe Payne.

ToddnTX

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Dodge Durango, 07 GMC Sierra. 2021 Ford F-150
My next truck will come from legacy Ford. They took care of my rust when no one else would.

bought mine from Classic Ford Galveston.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
We are new to the Houston area; we lived 24 years in the DFW area previously. Are there Ford dealerships in the area that people trust, give honest and good prices, have dependable service departments - you know, all of the things that go into a dealership that you like to do business with. Thanks in advance, KGH
What part of Houston are you? North, South, East or West?

Sponsored

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
If anyone is interested, I can PM you with my experiences at the west Houston dealers that I went to and/or spoke with in person. Kurt H.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I have a custom order in with Legacy in Rosenberg, but found almost exactly what I ordered at Autonation Katy on Thursday. They seem to be getting 3-5 trucks per week right now (I'm guessing AutoNation's large size nationwide gives them a good allocation). You can keep an eye on the Ford website (it updates much faster than the dealer website) and have a pretty good idea of what is coming up. I was happy with Ryan who took care of me if anyone wants his contact information.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
Just an FYI for you guys. Since Ford never picked up my order and assigned a VIN I bought one off the lot at Autonation (as mentioned above), but Legacy's new policy is to not refund your $500 deposit even after they convert your order to dealer stock. I guess they have the right to do that, but since Ford never picked up my order I think it's a poor move.

Sponsored

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I learned from the members the 5.0 also pipes in phony exhaust sound. I thought that was for the non V8s only. So now the question is how do I get it removed and until it is removed why bother putting on an exhaust system that will be combine with a fake sound? I learned there are several car makers doing this crap.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
I learned from the members the 5.0 also pipes in phony exhaust sound. I thought that was for the non V8s only. So now the question is how do I get it removed and until it is removed why bother putting on an exhaust system that will be combine with a fake sound? I learned there are several car makers doing this crap.
It's a simple fix with an OBD2 Cable and ForScan on your laptop.

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
I ordered an F-150, and I finally received the VIN recently. I thought I would ask if anyone in the Houston area has experience with purchasing tonneau (sp?) covers from companies here? Or did you order them on-line? If you did order on-line, did someone do the installation here?

I know there were some recommendations for tint and spray-in bed liners in the initial posts on this thread - does anyone have other recommendations for good dealers in tint / bed-liners?

TIY - Kurt

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Just an FYI for you guys. Since Ford never picked up my order and assigned a VIN I bought one off the lot at Autonation (as mentioned above), but Legacy's new policy is to not refund your $500 deposit even after they convert your order to dealer stock. I guess they have the right to do that, but since Ford never picked up my order I think it's a poor move.
Not sure I agree it is their right.

Here is a very common sense sounding answer to it:
https://www.justanswer.com/consumer-protection-law/85dwn-state-texas-legal-car-dealer-not.html
Sponsored