Sponsored

Houston Thread (dealership/shop recco's, meet-up's, coding/modding, help, etc.)

BP_PowerBoost

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
@houstongoose, can you share details on your deal? Did you buy it off the lot or order? If you ordered it, did they sell at dealer invoice? I heard Mac Haik Ford sells at invoice for orders, I’m waiting on a response from the dealer to confirm.
I just ordered from Maik Haik Ford & got invoice pricing - it was about 6.5% discount on MSRP, they did add about $170 for fuel & advertising assessment.
Sponsored

DuckDuckGreyDuck

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Chevy Traverse
I just ordered from Maik Haik Ford & got invoice pricing - it was about 6.5% discount on MSRP, they did add about $170 for fuel & advertising assessment.
I just took delivery of my 22 Lariat from MacHaik last week. Invoice pricing, no add ons. I recommend Adolfo Velez and his sales partner Sebastian Goncalves. They worked with me on my trade to match Vrooms offer. Overall great experience.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I just took delivery of my 22 Lariat from MacHaik last week. Invoice pricing, no add ons. I recommend Adolfo Velez and his sales partner Sebastian Goncalves. They worked with me on my trade to match Vrooms offer. Overall great experience.
I've used Sebastian for about for about 4 years on all of my fleet vehicle purchases. Always a good recommendation!

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
No add ons for me.
I don't understand paying for add-ons if you did not order them. I bought from Tomball twice and in writing ,I gave them the vehicle I demanded (not wanted). Both times I told them to minimize all the tech junk. In both cases they searched and found exactly what I wanted at the price I quoted them. I was raised to be a real pain in their asses at dealerships and I'm sure thy cursed my name as I drove away.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Fine don't pay for fuel & advertising assessment.............. whatever that is!!!

Sponsored

Jlinscombe

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 SCrew Platinum
Occupation
Oil and Gas
Just got a '22 Screw Platinum 2WD 3.5 EB in Agate Black and have been lurking for a week or so, first post.
Wondering if anyone has experience with Ceramic vs Nano Ceramic window tint. Is it worth the extra $$ for ~85% heat rejection vs ~96% heat rejection?. Truck is mostly garaged, but a couple of days a week spent in uncovered parking lot for 4 - 6 hours.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Tint is one of the few places I spend as much money as I can., never regretted it.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Just got a '22 Screw Platinum 2WD 3.5 EB in Agate Black and have been lurking for a week or so, first post.
Wondering if anyone has experience with Ceramic vs Nano Ceramic window tint. Is it worth the extra $$ for ~85% heat rejection vs ~96% heat rejection?. Truck is mostly garaged, but a couple of days a week spent in uncovered parking lot for 4 - 6 hours.
Tint is one of the few places I spend as much money as I can., never regretted it.
For the heat wave all 3 of us are experiencing right now, I’m glad I paid the extra.

Jlinscombe

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Oil and Gas
Thanks for the quick feedback.
I ended up booking an appointment to get Autobahn I3 ceramic at Vive-Houston. I’ll post before and after pics after it’s done for those interested. Was quoted $411 out the door price. Specs are similar to Xpel XR Prime Plus and S-Tek NES Series.

Jlinscombe

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Oil and Gas
View attachment 54193
Ford F-150 Houston Thread (dealership/shop recco's, meet-up's, coding/modding, help, etc.) 7B004E4D-4984-4425-ADEC-BF937ADADB25
Just picked up from the tint shop. 30% front, 70% on back. Autobahn i3 ceramic. Kinda wish I’d have gone darker but this is legal and don’t want to worry about a bored cop so 🤷‍♂️.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

shark1987

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 4x4
Any recommendations for ceramic coating? I was thinking a 5yr and adding PPE to the front bumper.

I'm out in Cypress and got a quote from someone local for $2k but got a little sticker shocked by that.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Price doesn't sound out of line. Exotic Motorsports on Gessner did our Mach E. PPF for front bumper, hood, front fenders, and mirrors, plus full car ceramic was $2,400

shark1987

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 4x4
Price doesn't sound out of line. Exotic Motorsports on Gessner did our Mach E. PPF for front bumper, hood, front fenders, and mirrors, plus full car ceramic was $2,400
Ok, good to know. I know my dealership was much higher so I knew it wasn't totally off base. I think I had seen exotic too googling.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Any recommendations for ceramic coating? I was thinking a 5yr and adding PPE to the front bumper.

I'm out in Cypress and got a quote from someone local for $2k but got a little sticker shocked by that.
I paid $1800 for full ceramic coat from All out off road in Tomball off of 99.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
If anyone in NW area (1960 & Jones) is looking for a good tint place I got mine done at Global Shading on Jones Rd. Had them apply 30% nano ceramic for the doors and rear glass. Didn't want to go too dark for the back. They did an absolutely fantastic job for a reasonable price in just a couple hours with no hint of any haze like many types of ceramic tint on the market. I would wager it's almost as haze free as HuperOptik/Autobahn ceramic tint is.

Ford F-150 Houston Thread (dealership/shop recco's, meet-up's, coding/modding, help, etc.) Pre level1

They also do wraps and protective paint films. I'm probably going to have them wrap the bumpers to match the paint in a couple months. They quoted me a really great price to do that and it includes pulling the bumpers off when applying the wrap.
Sponsored