Sponsored

Houston Thread (dealership/shop recco's, meet-up's, coding/modding, help, etc.)

DuckDog

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Heard good things about VIP Tint in the woodlands Conroe area. I plan to get ceramic tint and bedliner done if I ever get my truck delivered.
They’ve done several of my vehicles - always flawless!
Sponsored

DuckDog

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey guys - I’m new to this forum and appreciate the local flavor here.

Truth is: I have a true truck problem; I’ve owned 4 Ford trucks in the past 4 1/2 years. Long story short, I’m in a 2021 Tundra (my 5th truck in this time period) because a local dealership bought back a 2020 F250 crew diesel only a few months after I bought it from them at a ridiculous price. The Tundra isn’t cutting it for me and now struggling whether to go back to my comfort zone (F250 diesel) or try out one of these PB 150s.

I have no actual use for an F250 - only tow a boat or a side by side a few times a year…..just have come to love them - the ride, the power and probably the ride height.

I drove a 2021 PB Lariat today at Gullo in Conroe (they just got one in today) and loved it. It’s decked out in chrome everywhere or otherwise I would have driven home in it.

Reading back, there is no point to this, I guess.…just venting. Anyone coming out of an F250 and now in a PB, your input is appreciated.

PGPowerboost

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Financial Professional
Hey guys - I’m new to this forum and appreciate the local flavor here.

Truth is: I have a true truck problem; I’ve owned 4 Ford trucks in the past 4 1/2 years. Long story short, I’m in a 2021 Tundra (my 5th truck in this time period) because a local dealership bought back a 2020 F250 crew diesel only a few months after I bought it from them at a ridiculous price. The Tundra isn’t cutting it for me and now struggling whether to go back to my comfort zone (F250 diesel) or try out one of these PB 150s.

I have no actual use for an F250 - only tow a boat or a side by side a few times a year…..just have come to love them - the ride, the power and probably the ride height.

I drove a 2021 PB Lariat today at Gullo in Conroe (they just got one in today) and loved it. It’s decked out in chrome everywhere or otherwise I would have driven home in it.

Reading back, there is no point to this, I guess.…just venting. Anyone coming out of an F250 and now in a PB, your input is appreciated.
What don’t you like about the Tundra? If it’s size and ride then you probably won’t be happy with the powerboost for very long.

DuckDog

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What don’t you like about the Tundra? If it’s size and ride then you probably won’t be happy with the powerboost for very long.
Overall, I don’t hate the truck, I just don’t like it. The interior is sufficient, the ride is better than okay. It just lacks the “wow” factor on performance and technology.
  • I think it makes a lot of noise and is much less than impressive in it’s performance.
  • It’s definitively lacking technology.
  • I drive from Montgomery to Kingwood to work and it’s gas mileage is pathetic. When I pull my side by side to WTX to the deer lease, it is a second mortgage (5-7 mpg). Additionally when I tow, the sound in the cab from the engine is deafening - see bullet #1

PGPowerboost

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Financial Professional
Overall, I don’t hate the truck, I just don’t like it. The interior is sufficient, the ride is better than okay. It just lacks the “wow” factor on performance and technology.
  • I think it makes a lot of noise and is much less than impressive in it’s performance.
  • It’s definitively lacking technology.
  • I drive from Montgomery to Kingwood to work and it’s gas mileage is pathetic. When I pull my side by side to WTX to the deer lease, it is a second mortgage (5-7 mpg). Additionally when I tow, the sound in the cab from the engine is deafening - see bullet #1
The power boost F150s definitely have a wow factor.

430 hp 570 lb/ft of torque should give pretty good performance and the reviews so far have been good.

The technology both mechanical and infotainment should be pretty good. Seems to be a few issues with sync 4 and the screen but they should get those worked out. Some folks have been less than impressed with the upgraded audio so beware.

I’ve had a fair bit of experience with hybrids. My dad had an early Prius because he was enthralled by the technology and fuel economy and I had an accord hybrid gen 1 that was a v6 with electric boost and that was a blast to drive. I’m pretty excited to see what the F150 can do. Some have reported poor fuel mileage when towing but I think it’s still better than yours.

I think the power boost checks all your boxes if you want to spend the money. Your best bet is to custom order if you can wait. I ordered 10/28 and it should be built 12/20, and delivered in January; fingers crossed. Do your research and ask yourself if you’d be happy with the smaller truck, sounds like you miss the 250.

Sponsored

DuckDog

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@PGPowerboost - You’re correct. I definitely miss my F250s. Thanks for your insight. I’ve researched myself to death on these things and driving one and experiencing the combined hp and torque was most beneficial. I guess now it’s just deciding…Again, appreciate your insight.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I was in a similar boat when I bought my first F150 in 2018. I wanted a F250 Diesel for milage and love the look/ride height. However the lack of technology, specifically adaptive cruise and lane centering drove me towards the F150 and I've been very happy. I don't have to worry about DEF or the wife putting the wrong fuel in the tank, and the truck (with a 6.5' bed) is plenty big enough for everything I do. My biggest pull is a 20' enclosed car hauler about once every two years. The ProPower has come in handy quite a few times already, something else you won't get on a super duty.

PGPowerboost

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Financial Professional
@PGPowerboost - You’re correct. I definitely miss my F250s. Thanks for your insight. I’ve researched myself to death on these things and driving one and experiencing the combined hp and torque was most beneficial. I guess now it’s just deciding…Again, appreciate your insight.
I’m the opposite, I really don’t like the added length and height on the 3/4 tons when in the city/suburbs. Good luck with your decision, I’m sure some of the tech will make it to the 250 if you can wait that long.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
BlueCruise is available on King Ranch and up super duty now. ProPower is still not available.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I'm going to throw this into this thread since its city specific.

Picked up my Limited a few weeks ago and have only once (day 2) gotten Blue Cruise to work. It was on 99 between 249 and 45. Worked for few miles, and then quit. Since then, it hasn't worked in that same spot, or even on 45 north of Beltway 8.

Anyone have any highways that it consistently works on so I can try and figure why mine isn't engaging?

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
I'm going to throw this into this thread since its city specific.

Picked up my Limited a few weeks ago and have only once (day 2) gotten Blue Cruise to work. It was on 99 between 249 and 45. Worked for few miles, and then quit. Since then, it hasn't worked in that same spot, or even on 45 north of Beltway 8.

Anyone have any highways that it consistently works on so I can try and figure why mine isn't engaging?

Ford F-150 Houston Thread (dealership/shop recco's, meet-up's, coding/modding, help, etc.) 1638302283667

So wish I could help you.

DuckDog

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was in a similar boat when I bought my first F150 in 2018. I wanted a F250 Diesel for milage and love the look/ride height. However the lack of technology, specifically adaptive cruise and lane centering drove me towards the F150 and I've been very happy. I don't have to worry about DEF or the wife putting the wrong fuel in the tank, and the truck (with a 6.5' bed) is plenty big enough for everything I do. My biggest pull is a 20' enclosed car hauler about once every two years. The ProPower has come in handy quite a few times already, something else you won't get on a super duty.
@Ajzride and @PGPowerboost - Well, thanks again for your help guys. Today I drove over to my local dealership and ordered myself a 2022 PB. I’m excited for the new truck experience with this platform and even more excited/relieved now that my mind is made up!! ?

PGPowerboost

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Financial Professional
@Ajzride and @PGPowerboost - Well, thanks again for your help guys. Today I drove over to my local dealership and ordered myself a 2022 PB. I’m excited for the new truck experience with this platform and even more excited/relieved now that my mind is made up!! ?
Awesome, congrats. Welcome to the waiting room.
Sponsored