Sponsored

Houston Thread (dealership/shop recco's, meet-up's, coding/modding, help, etc.)

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A

Wookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum Powerboost

McGuyver

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Grand National
Hi guys, I thought I would offer these up here first. I ran stock size KO2s (275/60/20) for around 5000 miles and switched out to defenders. I'm selling the set of 4 for $400 bucks picked up in Fulshear. I have the original discount tire receipt and I posted a few pics of them on this forum when they were on.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-more-aggressive-tires.2480/page-3#post-68861
That’s a great deal for someone! But not for me as I am still a few months out on placing an order.
What‘s your take on comparing the two tires, I think I already know the answer but how close are they in noise, ride and gas mileage?

Wookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum Powerboost
That’s a great deal for someone! But not for me as I am still a few months out on placing an order.
What‘s your take on comparing the two tires, I think I already know the answer but how close are they in noise, ride and gas mileage?
Honestly, there are closer than I expected. I took a short road trip to San Antonio with the defenders and did notice they handle the bumps much better and overall are a more comfortable ride. They weren't significantly quieter though, at least to my ears.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Honestly, there are closer than I expected. I took a short road trip to San Antonio with the defenders and did notice they handle the bumps much better and overall are a more comfortable ride. They weren't significantly quieter though, at least to my ears.
You'll really appreciate them in the rain.

Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Mac Haik in Houston just got in an Anti-matter Blue PB in case anyone was interested. Just thought I'd share.

Strengthrehab

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 STX
Live in Tomball, bought first truck from Tomball ford. They added a ton of dealer add-ons. Went back to look at a truck on the lot and had such a bad experience, I will never go back there. Sales woman stole my keys, parked the truck in the used lot, then undercut my trade offer by 5k, then ridiculed me because I wouldn't accept their "deal".

Never again.

I placed an order with Ryan ford in Sealy, but I don't think it will be a 2021 so I'm thinking of looking elsewhere.

Kilo5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB, Lariat, SCrew, FX4
I've gone to AutoNation Ford in Katy, and I was really under-impressed. Sealy Ford people were nice, but I'm concerned about taking it so far out west for service.

I will try Legacy Ford, Mac Haik Ford, and Tomball Ford. It's kinda like when you're interviewing for a job - the company will never treat you any better than when they are trying to 'win' your business. So if the buying process is sub-par, then I tend to believe the rest of the ownership process will be sub-par or worse.

Thanks for the replies. Kurt H.
I factory ordered from Ryan Ford in Sealy. AutoNation said they couldn’t do it. Tomball Ford insisted they would have to install their add-ones. Mac Haik wouldn’t give an official quote.

Kilo5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered an F-150, and I finally received the VIN recently. I thought I would ask if anyone in the Houston area has experience with purchasing tonneau (sp?) covers from companies here? Or did you order them on-line? If you did order on-line, did someone do the installation here?

I know there were some recommendations for tint and spray-in bed liners in the initial posts on this thread - does anyone have other recommendations for good dealers in tint / bed-liners?

TIY - Kurt
My last two tonneau covers I ordered online and had them delivered. Current one is the Bakflip fold model. No issues after 7 years, though the top does not look new. For my new truck I am considering the hard rollup. https://bakflip.com/p/bak-revolver-x4s-tonneau-cover/

I will go with LineX for the bedliner. I installed LineX bedliner when I purchased my 2007, GMC Sierra and have had no problems with it.

I am still looking for a tint shop.

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
I factory ordered from Ryan Ford in Sealy. . . . .
@Kilo5 let me know Ryan is to work with. I’d be interested in your thoughts on their service department (if you have any experience with them). Do you have the truck now, or is it still on order?

Sponsored

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
My last two tonneau covers I ordered online and had them delivered. Current one is the Bakflip fold model. No issues after 7 years, though the top does not look new. For my new truck I am considering the hard rollup. https://bakflip.com/p/bak-revolver-x4s-tonneau-cover/

I will go with LineX for the bedliner. I installed LineX bedliner when I purchased my 2007, GMC Sierra and have had no problems with it.

I am still looking for a tint shop.
Any local dealers / installers you can recommend would be appreciated.

Kilo5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Kilo5 let me know Ryan is to work with. I’d be interested in your thoughts on their service department (if you have any experience with them). Do you have the truck now, or is it still on order?
My salesman is Mark (Coach) Rios. I ordered on 9/28/2021 and received my VIN on 10/14/2021.

I been researching the 2021 model since the launch and have been following the production delays and felt this was the best time to get my order in.

I am using my Xplan and I knew what I wanted. I didn’t add any accessories that would delay my order. Accessories like Bedliner and wheelwell liners are not part of the build line assembly so it’s another step in the build. LineX is right here in Katy and Wheel liners are easy self install.

This is my first Ford since the 80’s so I don’t have any experience with the dealers here. m

Kilo5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any local dealers / installers you can recommend would be appreciated.
I haven‘t used this LineX dealer, but it’s close to home. 1303 Price Plaza Dr, Katy, TX 77449

I plan to install the tonneau cover and wheel liners myself.

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
Houston dealer

Ford F-150 Houston Thread (dealership/shop recco's, meet-up's, coding/modding, help, etc.) 795A5855-A2B4-488B-9CC6-D6837FA9A0DE

Ford F-150 Houston Thread (dealership/shop recco's, meet-up's, coding/modding, help, etc.) 9D90CEF3-0B26-4519-AF5D-5BE0C77CE058

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Live in Tomball, bought first truck from Tomball ford. They added a ton of dealer add-ons. Went back to look at a truck on the lot and had such a bad experience, I will never go back there. Sales woman stole my keys, parked the truck in the used lot, then undercut my trade offer by 5k, then ridiculed me because I wouldn't accept their "deal".

Never again.

I placed an order with Ryan ford in Sealy, but I don't think it will be a 2021 so I'm thinking of looking elsewhere.
One of my two orders was with Tomball Ford, and it appears it will be the first one to show up. So I'm not liking this at all.
Sponsored