Sponsored

Houston Thread (dealership/shop recco's, meet-up's, coding/modding, help, etc.)

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Hi everyone, I thought it might be a good idea to create a thread for all the Houston F150 owners to have a place to collaborate, share thoughts on local shops/deals., recommendations for things like tint installers, reputable shops, plan some meet-up's, share tools that may not be needed often in case someone has a unique need, etc...

Was going to create it in the Texas section but there are literally no posts there at all so clearly not a place to get noticed...so let' start here and the mods can always move it to the regional section if they feel it's necessary.
Sponsored

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
Thanks for starting this thread. I will be getting a Retrax PRO MX bed cover, XPEL window tint, ceramic coating, and a radar detector hardwire installation done on my 2021 Platinum at Gulf Coast Auto Shield, 9442 Summerbell Lane, Houston, TX 77074. I have no affliation with the store - I'm just a satisfied repeat customer.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Thanks for starting this thread. I will be getting a Retrax PRO MX bed cover, XPEL window tint, ceramic coating, and a radar detector hardwire installation done on my 2021 Platinum at Gulf Coast Auto Shield, 9442 Summerbell Lane, Houston, TX 77074. I have no affliation with the store - I'm just a satisfied repeat customer.
Great info, thanks. I'm going to put on my Retrax Pro XR myself but am looking for a place for tint (windows, possibly windshield and sunroof).

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I bought an F150 regular cab with the 5.0 and trying to find the right mufflers for it. I will likely dual it out but I don't want loud mufflers rather mellow performance sound. I have had Flow Masters on a 2004 Hemi truck back when 'but 'I don't know how they will sound on the 5.0. I live in the Champion Forest area and there is a Ripley's Shop near by. I can't find a website that has the sounds on it.

Last edited:

johnatuckeriii

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew AMB
Had my Xpel tint applied by Texas Tint on 45 and 242 (in the woodlands/shenandoah area).

Sponsored

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Never believed in tint because it fails too quick unless the technology has improved.

llcano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Hi everyone, I thought it might be a good idea to create a thread for all the Houston F150 owners to have a place to collaborate, share thoughts on local shops/deals., recommendations for things like tint installers, reputable shops, plan some meet-up's, share tools that may not be needed often in case someone has a unique need, etc...

Was going to create it in the Texas section but there are literally no posts there at all so clearly not a place to get noticed...so let' start here and the mods can always move it to the regional section if they feel it's necessary.
Thanks for starting this thread.

johnatuckeriii

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew AMB
I highly recommend the ceramic tint for reducing the heat in the truck. The heat rejection is independent of shade or darkness.
This. The Xpel tint I got is guaranteed to not turn purple.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Heard good things about VIP Tint in the woodlands Conroe area. I plan to get ceramic tint and bedliner done if I ever get my truck delivered.

Sponsored

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
We are new to the Houston area; we lived 24 years in the DFW area previously. Are there Ford dealerships in the area that people trust, give honest and good prices, have dependable service departments - you know, all of the things that go into a dealership that you like to do business with. Thanks in advance, KGH

Deleted member 2919

We are new to the Houston area; we lived 24 years in the DFW area previously. Are there Ford dealerships in the area that people trust, give honest and good prices, have dependable service departments - you know, all of the things that go into a dealership that you like to do business with. Thanks in advance, KGH
The one 3 miles away from me jacked me around, so I went to Legacy ford in Rosenberg, and I had a refreshingly hassle free experience.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Dallas transplant myself. As far as service goes, Tomball Ford has always been good to me. I buy most of my fleet vehicles from Mac Haik (like my sales guy), but the service department there has been sub par.

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
Dallas transplant myself. As far as service goes, Tomball Ford has always been good to me. I buy most of my fleet vehicles from Mac Haik (like my sales guy), but the service department there has been sub par.
I've gone to AutoNation Ford in Katy, and I was really under-impressed. Sealy Ford people were nice, but I'm concerned about taking it so far out west for service.

I will try Legacy Ford, Mac Haik Ford, and Tomball Ford. It's kinda like when you're interviewing for a job - the company will never treat you any better than when they are trying to 'win' your business. So if the buying process is sub-par, then I tend to believe the rest of the ownership process will be sub-par or worse.

Thanks for the replies. Kurt H.

FLY88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L PB Lariat Sport FX4
I had a great experience purchasing my truck at Friendly Ford in Crosby.
Sponsored