Sponsored

Hot Showers using a PowerBoost

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
also use my electric kettle to get the water temp just right.
Which kettle do you have? You just add 1.5L (or whatever capacity it is) at a time to your water "bucket" ?
Sponsored

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Which kettle do you have? You just add 1.5L (or whatever capacity it is) at a time to your water "bucket" ?
Essentially yes. I have a couple different shower setups depending on group size. Both use the same idea for getting the water temp just right. I use my ambient temp water jug and fill my pressurized shower kit most of the way up. I then boil the 1.5L water and using a wired thermometer mix the 2 waters to approx 120f within the shower container. I usually use an online water temperature calculator when mixing so there is less of a guessing game for how much of each fluid temp.

OP
OP
thudnblunder

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I ended up getting this on sale for $50 - https://www.walmart.com/ip/HART-20-...t-1-20-Volt-2Ah-Lithium-Ion-Battery/536777869

The max temp for the tank is 120F, I like your idea of using an electric kettle to add hot water to mix in. I also have an immersion heater with a thermostat I can stick in the tank to heat it up.
This is outstanding. For $50 you got a steal. The only feature that would make this better was if it also had the ability to draw water from a remote bucket. Heat the water in the bucket to your desired temp (under 120) and shower in the boonies. The PB is made for this.

The immersion heater in that tank is not bad though. Maybe a little slower but fully functional.

Do you know what the flow rate is? How many GPM (gallons per minute) will this dispense. Something like 1.5 would give you a nice full flow and 5 gallons would give you over 3 minutes of hot water flow time. Boonie shower nirvana.

OP
OP
thudnblunder

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
This is outstanding. For $50 you got a steal. The only feature that would make this better was if it also had the ability to draw water from a remote bucket. Heat the water in the bucket to your desired temp (under 120) and shower in the boonies. The PB is made for this.

The immersion heater in that tank is not bad though. Maybe a little slower but fully functional.

Do you know what the flow rate is? How many GPM (gallons per minute) will this dispense. Something like 1.5 would give you a nice full flow and 5 gallons would give you over 3 minutes of hot water flow time. Boonie shower nirvana.
It was a bit of a saga when I got it. The included 20V battery wouldn’t charge, I contacted them and they shipped me a new battery and charger. That is a $54 value at Walmart by itself. In the meantime I tried to use it on 12V DC and it didn’t work properly. Following a guide on YouTube, I then dismantled it to check the pump, found the pistons were frozen and releasing them got it working.

It claims to pump water at 50PSI but the flow is half my home shower at best. Still, more than adequate for showering in the boonies. I haven’t tried emptying the tank to see how long it takes but I think with five gallons I’ll probably get a couple quick showers with judicious use.

The handheld shower head has a turn off valve on it and the pump senses pressure. When you turn that valve off the pump stops and resumes when you open the valve and pressure drops. Very convenient.

I will look for a way to suction cup attach the shower head to a window so I can shower next to the truck hands free.

A small pump with an in-line filter would make refilling a breeze.

Sponsored

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
It was a bit of a saga when I got it. The included 20V battery wouldn’t charge, I contacted them and they shipped me a new battery and charger. That is a $54 value at Walmart by itself. In the meantime I tried to use it on 12V DC and it didn’t work properly. Following a guide on YouTube, I then dismantled it to check the pump, found the pistons were frozen and releasing them got it working.

It claims to pump water at 50PSI but the flow is half my home shower at best. Still, more than adequate for showering in the boonies. I haven’t tried emptying the tank to see how long it takes but I think with five gallons I’ll probably get a couple quick showers with judicious use.

The handheld shower head has a turn off valve on it and the pump senses pressure. When you turn that valve off the pump stops and resumes when you open the valve and pressure drops. Very convenient.

I will look for a way to suction cup attach the shower head to a window so I can shower next to the truck hands free.

A small pump with an in-line filter would make refilling a breeze.
What is the object of this game? Are we looking to make a warm water sprayer portable? We have 120v right at our fingertips, why are we messing around with silly little chinese contraptions?

Melipron

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Website
melipron.com
Vehicles
F150
I was just about to fall asleep and in a half asleep / half awake state inspiration struck.

My idea is to use a 7 gallon plastic tank and a small 110v pump to fill the tank from a stream/lake/water source. Bonus points for a mesh filter on the hose end that is pulling water in.

Then use a 1500w immersion heater to get the water to a comfortable temperature.

Then switch hoses/connections on the pump and pump warm water from the tank to a handheld shower head.

Voila.

Hot showers in the sticks. No propane or large gas heaters needed.

What am I missing? :)

Edit: Maybe a battery powered pump to reduce the risk of electrical shock?
Is your water heater noisy? :unsure:

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
What about an RV tankless and a propane tank? PB for the pump and electrical heater controls.
Sponsored