Sponsored

Hot Air Coming From Vents With A/C On

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I was driving home tonight, with the A/C on, in 90 degree temperatures, and it started to get very hot in the vehicle, because the air coming out of the vents became very hot. Off to the dealer in the morning, because driving the truck in 90 degree temperatures is intolerable.
Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Had the same thing happen on the passenger side. Turned the heat up then down and it seemed to get rectified.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Had the same thing happen on the passenger side. Turned the heat up then down and it seemed to get rectified.

OP
OP

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I turned the temperature settings up and down, and tried every airflow setting, and no change. I did go back out and restart it, and it was blowing cold air again, but I have no idea how long it stays that way.

Bobert78

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape Titanium
Just had this happen on vacation a week ago. Still waiting to bring it in to get it checked out

Sponsored

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
This started happening to me the other day as well. Turning it off and on and turning the recirculate off and on seem to have fixed it the couple of times it’s happened.

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Just had this happen on vacation a week ago. Still waiting to bring it in to get it checked out
I turned the temperature settings up and down, and tried every airflow setting, and no change. I did go back out and restart it, and it was blowing cold air again, but I have no idea how long it stays that way.
Same thing happened with my f150. I had to cancel my appointment due to work.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
I had this happen yesterday. Blowing cold air out the driver side and hot air out of the passenger vents. Luckily I was almost home, so I turned the truck off and turned it back on and that fixed it. Gonna wait and see if it doesn't anymore before I take it in.

vriggy_3

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2005 Ford Mustang GT
I was driving home tonight, with the A/C on, in 90 degree temperatures, and it started to get very hot in the vehicle, because the air coming out of the vents became very hot. Off to the dealer in the morning, because driving the truck in 90 degree temperatures is intolerable.
How long did it take this issue to arise for you? I have had the exact same issue happen twice, but it doesn't occur until I've been driving for an hour and a half or so. Brought it into the dealer, but since I couldn't simulate the issue, there wasn't much they could do.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I've made 4 trips over 2hrs long so far and haven't had any issues with the AC blowing warm/hot air over time.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I canceled the appointment, as this hasn't happened since. When it happened, it happened almost immediately, after starting the vehicle.

N2B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
CRNA
I have a Fully loaded Lariat, 3.5 EB, picked it up in June (Dearborn made), after 200 miles, AC blowing warm air, dealership was unable to isolate a leak. Refrigerant was placed all was good. 3 weeks later same problem, dealership said “small leak in the evaporator”. Waiting for the part to arrive, I am not thrilled about them removing the entire dash just to change the evaporator. Per dealership, same thing happened with another 2021 F150, bad evaporator.

Otherwise this truck has no problems.

Bobert78

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So dealership called me today and the compressor went out new one ordered and should be fixed by friday

Taco40

First Name
ND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
2021 2.7 with 16000 miles, ac stopped working. Dealer says evaporator needs replaced, a bit concerned about my dash apart as well. Hope this doesn't happen out of warranty!

Bobert78

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So took my truck on another trip and the same damn thing happens. AC is just blowing warm air. I’m assuming it’s another bad compressor. the truck is 0-2 on family vacations
Sponsored