• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Hood / Bug Protector - Any Feedback / Reviews?

BubbaDinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Leadfoot Screw 5.0
Wanting to get a hood protector and thinking the AVS Aeroskin II textured. Does anyone have one installed and what are their thoughts about the product.
Sponsored

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I bought and installed the one Ford offers. Looks nice and was easy to install.

OP
OP
BubbaDinks

BubbaDinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Leadfoot Screw 5.0
I ordered the Aeroskin 2 from the parts dept at my local Ford dealership. Will post pics after it arrives and it is installed.

OP
OP
BubbaDinks

BubbaDinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Leadfoot Screw 5.0
I ordered the Aeroskin 2 from the parts dept at my local Ford dealership. Will post pics after it arrives and it is installed.
Here is the hood protector installed. So far its holding up well and looks nice. Have not noticed any extra wind noise and does not cause water pooling.

Ford F-150 Hood / Bug Protector - Any Feedback / Reviews? Aeroskin 2 textured

CardsFan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew
That looks nice. So you got it directly from your dealer? Was it easy to install?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BubbaDinks

BubbaDinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Leadfoot Screw 5.0
That looks nice. So you got it directly from your dealer? Was it easy to install?
Very easy to install with the 3m tape. Just follow the directions. Yes it was purchased from the dealer. No picture on the accessories website, just listed as Aeroskin II Textured.

canes1

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC
OK, so ordered the Aeroskin II a little over a month ago, 2 weeks later called AVS who responded " We are having problems getting the materials needed to manufacture the Aeroskin II!
So I cancelled order and told them I'd be back when they have them ready to ship, (as of yesterday, there is no firm date on when they'll have said materials) Sooo....Why are they selling something on their site, they can't manufacture?

"Buy now, receive sometime after we can make them"
https://www.autoventshade.com/aeroskin-ii/2021/ford/f-150

Will try dealer.

OP
OP
BubbaDinks

BubbaDinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Leadfoot Screw 5.0
OK, so ordered the Aeroskin II a little over a month ago, 2 weeks later called AVS who responded " We are having problems getting the materials needed to manufacture the Aeroskin II!
So I cancelled order and told them I'd be back when they have them ready to ship, (as of yesterday, there is no firm date on when they'll have said materials) Sooo....Why are they selling something on their site, they can't manufacture?

"Buy now, receive sometime after we can make them"
https://www.autoventshade.com/aeroskin-ii/2021/ford/f-150

Will try dealer.
It took a week to get from order to my hands with the dealer. I wonder if they are prioritizing dealer orders? Hope you can get yours in a timely manner.

ESG406

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21F150 Hyb, 15ExpEL 2 '06 Esc Hyb 99&01elect Rngrs
Occupation
Retired
Hello All,
Has any one installed AVS # 194975 window ventvisors? Have 2021-150-hyb. s/crew. Have been repairing all my vehicles for many years (inc total restorations) so I usually don't have problems with repairs or installations. ordered from amazon BROKE one of the front window visors.Called avs hoping to get a replacement. They did not want to assist me because I bought from amazon. So I bought a replacement set from amazon and proceeded to break another. the front visors appear to me to be slightly long-so my question is is there any variation in door size from2015 to 2021? Has anyone else had similar problems?
Thanks for listening,
Ed
Sponsored