Hints-tips-tricks for Gen 14

ReactiveD

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Since headlights have been mentioned here and some with a 502A Lariat, I thought this would be a good place to ask this question.
I asked in a different forum about the headlights. I saw a picture on a Ford site and it showed the bottom two lights on and it appeared that the top two were off. Maybe it was just the angle of the truck because I was told that all four LED lights are on all the time and you get dims or bright lights by the lights moving up or down. That answer really did not make sense to me.
So, are the top lights really the dims and the bottom ones the bright lights?
Yes

gemini

First Name
Mehdi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Lariat 4x4, '18 Tesla SP100D, '17 MX-5 RF
If you need to cover a larger or different area, do a search for "loop side only velcro". I use it on seat belt buckle sides to protect my center console.
I've used this "peel and stick felt" sheet for my cars... You can cut these to the size/shape you want since they come is letter size sheets. I picked up a couple at the craft store for less than a $1 each, or you can order a few from Amazon, here: Peel and Stick Felt sheets

Last edited:

Sponsored

thedman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SCrew Platinum
Random tip that may be obvious to most, but I know the doors can be hard to shut all the way and passengers may not feel comfortable or may not be strong enough (kids) to slam them all the way shut. If you set your mirrors to auto fold, if one of your doors isn’t fully shut and you lock the vehicle via the door handle lock or the key fob, the mirrors won’t fold which will be a pretty good sign that the the truck is reading that a door isn’t shut all the way.
related option, I noticed when a door is not fully shut the led light at the top of the rear cab will stay on.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Makes sense, I stick to backroads as much as possible so gotta watch out for those critters running around. Came across about 8 elk crossing the road the other night.
I hit an elk near Marathon Texas, 4 standing in the road at night when I topped a hill.
I missed 3 and hit a female.
Killed it did $7000 damage on my other truck.
That was with a heavy duty grille guard on the front.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Good stuff guys!

On the recirculating air, I have not even noticed anything about that. I will have to check it out but has not caused me any issues so mute issue for me I guess.

One thing I have noticed, I would hear this chime while driving. I saw no alerts or warning lights so just ignored it for awhile. It would happen here and there and I had no clue what it was.

Finally I figured out it was a school zone notification. Every time I drive near a school zone, I would get this one note chime. Guess it is part of the Nav or speed sign that is on our speedometer.

It's not a big deal but I would like to turn it off, guess I need to dig out the digital manual and hunt it up. Much rather have a paper manual, tried looking through the settings but no luck.

If anybody figures this one out pls let me know. (y)
I have not noticed that.

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
I've used this "peel and stick felt" sheet for my cars... You can cut these to the size/shape you want since they come is letter size sheets. I picked up a couple at the craft store for less than a $1 each, or you can order a few from Amazon, here: Peel and Stick Felt sheets
Or you can go pick up moleskin in the bandaid section. It is a heavy duty felt with a sticky back. Tan colored usually....

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
For those who don't know. The center counsel will hold standard hanging
file folders. I use them to keep my paperwork related to the truck a little neater than I did in my last. Receipts etc. I even keep my original window sticker in there so when its time to sell or trade I can show the build.

That’s pretty awesome. That design had to be deliberate!

gemini

First Name
Mehdi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Lariat 4x4, '18 Tesla SP100D, '17 MX-5 RF
There is a recall for that issue. Mine does it too. When I go to the dealer for my oil change I'll have them fix that.
I am also frustrated that the My View setting in the instrument cluster is reset every time I start the engine. I don't see this on the list of recalls for my truck. Can you provide a reference or code from your service record so I can have the dealer check this for me, please?

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I am also frustrated that the My View setting in the instrument cluster is reset every time I start the engine. I don't see this on the list of recalls for my truck. Can you provide a reference or code from your service record so I can have the dealer check this for me, please?
Mine does it aso, occasionally..
I've seen nothing about a recall for that on my Ford Pass App.
Let us know if there is a reference #.
The service advisors typically don't know as much about the trucks as the owner does.
Also applies to their Parts Department.
Thanks..
Sponsored