Hints-tips-tricks for Gen 14

gemini

First Name
Mehdi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Lariat 4x4, '18 Tesla SP100D, '17 MX-5 RF
One thing I have noticed, I would hear this chime while driving. I saw no alerts or warning lights so just ignored it for awhile. It would happen here and there and I had no clue what it was.

Finally I figured out it was a school zone notification. Every time I drive near a school zone, I would get this one note chime. Guess it is part of the Nav or speed sign that is on our speedometer.
I was wondering what this was and couldn't figure it out. Now I know! Thank you!
Sponsored

gemini

First Name
Mehdi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Lariat 4x4, '18 Tesla SP100D, '17 MX-5 RF
i'm wandering if its possible to lower the back benchseats to access the little storage area. The one containing the jack has a little lever but the other seats dont have one.
This is my first F150, so I didn't even know that the seat back can fold down. Thanks to @jwgreene I was able to find the installation video for the tether. It shows how the whole seat mechanism works and how to lower the back seat. I will be ordering the tether too. Here's the link to the video:

Rear seat-back release installation

Fordtough30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Neat little feature... used the FordPass app to lock my truck and it gave me a message saying “Doors are locked but hood is ajar”. I was previously tinkering around under the hood (guess I didn’t latch it fully) so that’s good to know it lets you know.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
For those of who’ve had issues with your key fob’s automatic push button start feature, Ford wants you to hit the lock button once first, and then the auto start button twice.

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/technology/convenience/how-to-use-remote-start-system.html

Might be common knowledge, but took me a week to figure out! Was beginning to think it was broken!!
That is a good point, the procedure is for a locked truck. If it is not locked you have to lock it first and then do the remote start. I have to admit I did the same thing when I first got my 2018.

Sponsored

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
For those of who’ve had issues with your key fob’s automatic push button start feature, Ford wants you to hit the lock button once first, and then the auto start button twice.

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/technology/convenience/how-to-use-remote-start-system.html

Might be common knowledge, but took me a week to figure out! Was beginning to think it was broken!!
Yeah, I think this is pretty standard in the industry, my 17 Infinity Q50 has exactly the same feature. I believe it is to ensure the remote start is an intentional action... vs accidentally starting the vehicle while rooting in your pocket for loose change (if you keep the fob in your pocket).

I am in the production queue (F150 purgatory), so don’t have mine yet, but wondering from others what is the procedure when you remote start... in my Q, once i get in the vehicle i have to have the fob in the car, then put my foot on the brake and press the start button... presumably to stop the neighbour kid from taking off in my car!!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Yeah, I think this is pretty standard in the industry, my 17 Infinity Q50 has exactly the same feature. I believe it is to ensure the remote start is an intentional action... vs accidentally starting the vehicle while rooting in your pocket for loose change (if you keep the fob in your pocket).

I am in the production queue (F150 purgatory), so don’t have mine yet, but wondering from others what is the procedure when you remote start... in my Q, once i get in the vehicle i have to have the fob in the car, then put my foot on the brake and press the start button... presumably to stop the neighbour kid from taking off in my car!!
The F-150 is the same way. Got to have the fob with you, and press the start button. Foot on the brake isn’t necessary.

Also the same if you start it from the FordPass app.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
First a tip for anyone who uses Amazon Alexa:

Link the Alexa Skill to the Fordpass App. You can then setup routines that automatically accomplish things with your truck. Simple stuff like since my truck sits outside so I've set it up to automatically lock every night. You can automatically delayed start your truck as part of a morning routines etc.

Second... a gripe:

Is there a way to recall the previously used drive mode without hitting the OK button? Sometimes I either don't get the OK prompt or it defaults back to normal but doesn't reset the drivetrain settings. Result is I end up in Normal mode with 4 wheel drive or the rear locker turned on.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer

lmao I have remote start on my 2017 and I couldn't figure it out, and gave up and never used it. But I never really cared.

I thought it would be great on the Powerboost so that we can remotely start Propower while in the trailer, but you cannot turn it on from the app or fob. Would have been great use for me finally!

mnsunset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
For those who don't know. The center counsel will hold standard hanging
file folders. I use them to keep my paperwork related to the truck a little neater than I did in my last. Receipts etc. I even keep my original window sticker in there so when its time to sell or trade I can show the build.

Sponsored

REDDRUM55

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 4X4
Occupation
RETIRED
Anyone figure out how to start your vehicle at night without the outside lights coming on ? My headlight switch defaults to AUTO when the vehicle is started, and the headlights come on.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Don't know how many owners have noticed some dent/scuff marks left from releasing the seat belt buckle and it hitting the B pillar. I did on my 2018 and have started sticking these furniture foot pads to the area it hits. They come in a brown and black I believe it was. OCD I guess

Ford has started adding some felt material on that part of the buckle but mine was not always hitting that pad area.

1615079353379.jpeg
If you need to cover a larger or different area, do a search for "loop side only velcro". I use it on seat belt buckle sides to protect my center console.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Since headlights have been mentioned here and some with a 502A Lariat, I thought this would be a good place to ask this question.
I asked in a different forum about the headlights. I saw a picture on a Ford site and it showed the bottom two lights on and it appeared that the top two were off. Maybe it was just the angle of the truck because I was told that all four LED lights are on all the time and you get dims or bright lights by the lights moving up or down. That answer really did not make sense to me.
So, are the top lights really the dims and the bottom ones the bright lights?

JRobertKenner

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanical Contractor
I am rural and seldom--very seldom--use the hi beams.
I tend to look for critters just beyond the headlights --- looking for those sparkly eyes.
That auto high beam thing was the first thing I looked for to shut off.
That and the auto hold brakes
is this a Haiku?

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
If you need to cover a larger or different area, do a search for "loop side only velcro". I use it on seat belt buckle sides to protect my center console.
Great idea!
Sponsored