Hints-tips-tricks for Gen 14

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
Go to your settings and create a profile. After I did that, seems no problems. At least for me.... Forget where it is exactly.... But you'll find it. It's at one of the main menu screens.
I have to admit - I'm stumped on this one. I've been through settings front-and-back half a dozen times and haven't been able to find any "profile" reference. Being dense is not exactly unheard of for me, so if you ever pin down the exact menu location I'd be curious to play around with it!

Thanks. I know it's a minor gripe to have to press "Ok" every time I crank her up to get back to my previous screen, but it's an annoyance. I'm puzzled why they didn't see this problem which is so obvious during their test phase.
I feel the same way about some of these "first-world problems", but in reality, 'minor' features like this helps justify the insane prices we pay for these trucks... if they're gonna charge for them, they should work.
Sponsored

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
In the 2021 F150 soft copy PDF manual, on page 592 is where they talk about it. It does have the disclaimer (if equipped) so that may be why you're not seeing it? Possibly Lariat and above? I can't tell you for sure, I have a Lariat, and I do have the setting on mine - though I'm not at my truck right now to give you the exact menu path to it. I can look later if you like. But, I'm just guessing it might be a trim difference?

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
As someone suggested here, creating a personal profile in Sync4 seems to have resolved the "My View" problem I was having. Now, when I crank her up, the dashboard gets back to whichever last view it had before (y) I also associated my profile to my keyfob

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
In the 2021 F150 soft copy PDF manual, on page 592 is where they talk about it. It does have the disclaimer (if equipped) so that may be why you're not seeing it? Possibly Lariat and above? I can't tell you for sure, I have a Lariat, and I do have the setting on mine - though I'm not at my truck right now to give you the exact menu path to it. I can look later if you like. But, I'm just guessing it might be a trim difference?
Very possible - I'm in XLT. I know there's a bunch of options that don't become available until you get to higher trims... I just always assumed the sync system was consistent throughout. You make a good point, though - I DO have "option" settings on my system (zone light, 360 copilot, backup assist, etc), it would stand to reason that stuff wouldn't be available on trucks without those components.

Now I'm wondering though: what option/package feature would include a "profile" setting(?). Perhaps multi-driver seat positions or something similar.... :unsure:

EDIT: @CBGray you nailed it. Looks like I'm out of luck in the profile department, and still stuck with the 'My View' reset. Bummer.

Ford F-150 Hints-tips-tricks for Gen 14 fordprof

#NOTequipped

Last edited:

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Very possible - I'm in XLT. I know there's a bunch of options that don't become available until you get to higher trims... I just always assumed the sync system was consistent throughout. You make a good point, though - I DO have "option" settings on my system (zone light, 360 copilot, backup assist, etc), it would stand to reason that stuff wouldn't be available on trucks without those components.

Now I'm wondering though: what option/package feature would include a "profile" setting(?). Perhaps multi-driver seat positions or something similar.... :unsure:

EDIT: @CBGray you nailed it. Looks like I'm out of luck in the profile department, and still stuck with the 'My View' reset. Bummer.

fordprof.png

#NOTequipped
Ugh. Well, sort of bittersweet. I guess we now know why, just wish it would have been there for you.

Sponsored

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
If you reach behind that section of seats you’ll find a latch with a little button on the side that you have to pull up to release the seat back. It’s tough to open. There is a kit available that adds a tether to it with a loop up top for simple release.

Here’s one, it can be found cheaper.
https://builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-ford-f-series-rear-seat-release-kit
access tip .. slightly raise the lower seat to create a gap and use a box end wench to grab the release post on the latch

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
Nope. But, my wife's 3 year old low end Honda Civic will do that.

CRAZY!!!
I was leaving my truck unlocked for the first week just assuming it was locking when I walked away with the approach feature activated. Dumb it doesn't autolock

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I was leaving my truck unlocked for the first week just assuming it was locking when I walked away with the approach feature activated. Dumb it doesn't autolock
Me too! Saw it here and freaked out. My wife was ... No effing way!

Sbdavis1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 Lariat ordered 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Financial Planner, Lawyer
Random tip that may be obvious to most, but I know the doors can be hard to shut all the way and passengers may not feel comfortable or may not be strong enough (kids) to slam them all the way shut. If you set your mirrors to auto fold, if one of your doors isn’t fully shut and you lock the vehicle via the door handle lock or the key fob, the mirrors won’t fold which will be a pretty good sign that the the truck is reading that a door isn’t shut all the way.

Sponsored

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Those will the PowerBoost, if you disconnect your 12 volt engine battery, the truck will still power up and crank. Now I'm not sure what the engine battery powers? :unsure:
The powerboost is connect to the 12v I'll take picture and post. Sometime this week.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Hey guys, not sure if anybodys mentioned this before but im wandering if its possible to lower the back benchseats to access the little storage area. The one containing the jack has a little lever but the other seats dont have one... ive got a 2021 xlt supercab
There is a pin you must move up at back of seat. It will fold down.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Discovered today that that the Auto-Hold feature can be temporally disabled when you shift the gear selector into neutral and press the "M" button on the console. This disables Auto-Hold for 30 minutes. Very useful for when you are taking in your truck through the car wash.
You can turn of the auto hold.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I didn't have to program my remotes on my XLT. They were already programmed for remote start.
Sponsored