Sponsored

PolishT247

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB
Discovered today that that the Auto-Hold feature can be temporally disabled when you shift the gear selector into neutral and press the "M" button on the console. This disables Auto-Hold for 30 minutes. Very useful for when you are taking in your truck through the car wash.

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Has anyone figured out how to program the remote start on your remote/key fob? I read through these instructions from the owner's manual but it seems I need two remotes that are already programmed... not very helpful since neither of my remotes work.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...d=7320&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA
That is about programming that type of remote if you get new ones. I didn't have to program the remote start on my two remotes that came with the vehicle.

Sponsored

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
That is about programming that type of remote if you get new ones. I didn't have to program the remote start on my two remotes that came with the vehicle.
Hmm... perhaps I have to get the dealership to program my remotes?

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
Mine just worked. Hit lock and release. Hit start twice and hold on second.
This is what worked for me. I just got in the habit of hitting the lock button and double tapping the remote start option. Works every time!

@YzermanTopShelf If yours is having issues, I'd definitely get it taken in and looked at.

jwhracer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT FX4
Thought this might help to have a single place to put hints-tips-tricks for these trucks as folks figure things out. The smarter ones will find solutions and can let everyone know how to achieve whatever it is.(y)

An example of something that was discussed in another location. The double honk when you get out of a parked truck that is still running and have the key fob on you. A safety feature, yes, aggravating sometimes, yes.

The only thing I have found that works is to not close your door all the way. Short of voiding your warranty that is the only way I have found.

There are some brilliant people here and these are very complex capable trucks, hope to see some great things.
My driveway has a slope and a gate, when I pull up to the gate to open it some times I forget to hold the door and then it shuts and honks two times, I'm sure my neighbors aren't liking it early in the morning, wish there was a way to disable it.

Sponsored

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Why does the Instrument display always default back to a list with My View and other options? Is there a way to make it stay on the last selection I was using after restarts? I like keeping it on the Lane Centering view.
There is a recall for that issue. Mine does it too. When I go to the dealer for my oil change I'll have them fix that.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
My driveway has a slope and a gate, when I pull up to the gate to open it some times I forget to hold the door and then it shuts and honks two times, I'm sure my neighbors aren't liking it early in the morning, wish there was a way to disable it.
Leaving the door cracked is the only thing I have found, short of leaving you key fob in the truck.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Is there a way to change the order of driving modes? It seems off that it's Sport, Eco, Trailer then normal?
I doubt it. I wish Eco and Normal were next to each other and towing was at the end.