First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Thought this might help to have a single place to put hints-tips-tricks for these trucks as folks figure things out. The smarter ones will find solutions and can let everyone know how to achieve whatever it is.(y)

An example of something that was discussed in another location. The double honk when you get out of a parked truck that is still running and have the key fob on you. A safety feature, yes, aggravating sometimes, yes.

The only thing I have found that works is to not close your door all the way. Short of voiding your warranty that is the only way I have found.

There are some brilliant people here and these are very complex capable trucks, hope to see some great things.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I would like to know a way to trick the system to keep the recirculate on. I’ve tried many ways and was told a few ways on the forums but still shuts off after a few mins.

I have been trying to figure out what the deal is with the recirc. turning off myself.

I had it on last time I took a long drive in the mountains and it never shut off once for the whole 45min. trip. Normally in that case, I would have turned the recirculate off myself to smell the clean mountain air. I just wanted to see when it turned off and I even had my stopwatch running to see how long it took.

Then, when I am in the city, it sometimes will stay on but then sometimes it will turn off after as little as 5min. it’s infuriating and I have been catching myself looking down at it whenever I get stuck behind a diesel truck or driving by some landscapers with dust blowers. I shouldn’t need to be distracted by something so simple that every other manufacturer lets its customers decide for themselves how it operates. In the manual, it says it’s so the windows won’t fog up! On my prior truck, an ’06 Silverado, recirculate can’t even be turned on when the defrost vents are selected. That is a far less ridiculous option, I quickly learned not to select the defrost vent setting if I wanted recirculate selected as well.

One of the worst things about this truck in my opinion!

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just figured out tonight that you can turn off the Auto-High Beams, it’s in the settings under Lights. I don’t know why it’s default setting is on, unless someone else turned on the setting during transit.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
I just figured out tonight that you can turn off the Auto-High Beams, it’s in the settings under Lights. I don’t know why it’s default setting is on, unless someone else turned on the setting during transit.
If I remember correctly I turned mine on, but someone could have been playing with it. Figured I'd give it a shot and it's surprisingly good, don't know if I'll keep it on though.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
With the halogen headlights, in the city, the brights aren’t effective. They really only make reflections of street signs brighter.

I may change my mind when I get to more rural areas, or change out the headlights.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
With the halogen headlights, in the city, the brights aren’t effective. They really only make reflections of street signs brighter.

I may change my mind when I get to more rural areas, or change out the headlights.
Makes sense, I stick to backroads as much as possible so gotta watch out for those critters running around. Came across about 8 elk crossing the road the other night.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired

The 2021's have LED headlights. At least mine does.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance

I am rural and seldom--very seldom--use the hi beams.
I tend to look for critters just beyond the headlights --- looking for those sparkly eyes.
That auto high beam thing was the first thing I looked for to shut off.
That and the auto hold brakes

TXAGENT

First Name
Law
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 5.0 FX4 Screw
Occupation
Bullshit Detector
Did you happen to run across a way to lower the ambient light in cup holders? Thanks

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Did you happen to run across a way to lower the ambient light in cup holders? Thanks
Hey it’s under settings and ambient light. There is a slider bar to lower it.

also there are physical buttons next to the headlight controls

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Makes sense, I stick to backroads as much as possible so gotta watch out for those critters running around. Came across about 8 elk crossing the road the other night.
Hmm, where were these elk? I still have an empty tag. Hahaha jk.

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
You can also turn off the Auto High Beams by pushing the dimmer stalk forward.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That seems to do it temporarily. Then next time you drive the truck, it will be back on.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Good stuff guys!

On the recirculating air, I have not even noticed anything about that. I will have to check it out but has not caused me any issues so mute issue for me I guess.

One thing I have noticed, I would hear this chime while driving. I saw no alerts or warning lights so just ignored it for awhile. It would happen here and there and I had no clue what it was.

Finally I figured out it was a school zone notification. Every time I drive near a school zone, I would get this one note chime. Guess it is part of the Nav or speed sign that is on our speedometer.

It's not a big deal but I would like to turn it off, guess I need to dig out the digital manual and hunt it up. Much rather have a paper manual, tried looking through the settings but no luck.

If anybody figures this one out pls let me know. (y)
Sponsored