Pual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Engineer
Update:
We’ll, it looks like it was all to do with a broken brake light switch stopper ? Replacing it fixed all of the problems….(went to a local mechanic instead of waiting for the dealer…)
Thank you very much for your information and all your comment!
Sponsored

hcrespi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
Hello hcrespi, Thank you very much for your comments. could you please give us information for which model did you drive?
2021 XLT 3.5 Powerboost and I have a case open with Ford as they are trying to help with next steps.

Travide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I have a 2021 f150 stx column shifter, same issue but I can make it happen. If I start the truck and immediately put it into gear I well get the hill start assist not available on my dash also on my ford pass app, had my truck tot the dealer they said let me know if it happens again....
Also not sure if it's normal but when touching my accelerator I get a clunk everytime it's like the drive shift is loose ot the transmission engages hard.

Barchief

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 f150 platinum
Hey Paul, my husband has an 2015 F-150 that began to display “Hill Start Assist Not Available” when he was driving down the road. He went to accelerate & had loss of power. Now his F-150 acts like it wants to stall if he goes over 45 mph. The warning will not go away & the problem is consistent. I’ve seen other people talk about their problems going away & coming back, but his does not. He is scheduled to see a mechanic on Monday, 6/21/21… Any advice would be helpful. Diagnostic tests are very pricy.
I had this EXACT issue the other day.. start the truck, get “hill start assist not available message”.. truck accelerates fine on the 1-2 shift and the 2-3 shift.. once it hits the 3-4 shift, it‘s like the gas cuts out, and you can slowly depress the gas pedal all the way to the floor with no response. If you lift your foot off the pedal and bump it a couple times, it will accelerate a little and the do the same thing over and over again. Also noticed that my cruise control didn’t work, and once I got it to the dealership, we noticed that the brake lights were staying on.

it‘s sitting at the dealership right now, being covered under Ford Care extended warranty. They said that it was a faulty bushing in that switch, and the only way to fix it is to replace the entire brake pedal. Should be able to pick it up by the end of the week.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
Hey Bjc25, This is Paul, the design owner of Hill Start Assist, could I ask dashboard just has" Hill Start Assist " waring message, not other failure message? thank you very much!
Hello Paul,
My 21 502A first got the hill start assist unavailable as well as “transmission not in park” any time I’m moving less then 10 km/h. The hill start assist message is now every time I start the truck and the not in park warning is anytime I’m moving at a speed less then 10 km/h. The truck is booked into the dealer but they say they haven’t seen either of these warnings yet so they may need the truck for a while. I’m just curious if you seen these errors together? If you have any insight?
Thanks

Sponsored

Josh35

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Hybrid SuperCrew 6.5box
Hello Paul,
My 21 502A first got the hill start assist unavailable as well as “transmission not in park” any time I’m moving less then 10 km/h. The hill start assist message is now every time I start the truck and the not in park warning is anytime I’m moving at a speed less then 10 km/h. The truck is booked into the dealer but they say they haven’t seen either of these warnings yet so they may need the truck for a while. I’m just curious if you seen these errors together? If you have any insight?
Thanks
Did you get this fixed?
I am getting Transmission Not In Park also…

Rainman316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' STX Supercrew
I'm having this exact same problem with my 2022 STX Supercrew. Has anyone come up with a solid solution??
Ford F-150 Hill start assist error warning message Screenshot_20220830-173149_FordPass

emanuelkuso

First Name
Emanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Happened to me this morning!
Dealer said they’re 5 weeks out for repairs ran diagnostic low voltage to Throttle Body.
Look under the truck and some squirrel 🐿 had a nice snack on wiring over the weekend. Local Mechanic working on the fix.

janasaastad

First Name
Jana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XL Crewcab
Occupation
Retired
Happened to me today.
Went to the dealer, the truck has to stay over night . Will keep u guys posted
Yes! The ABS and hill assist come on at the same time. Reno Corwin Ford tried to fix it but to no avail. Hoping to get it fixed at Ron Dupratt Ford of Dixon next week. Fingers crossed.

janasaastad

First Name
Jana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XL Crewcab
Occupation
Retired
I was at a stoplight on a hill, I got the warning when I went to proceed through the green light. There was lots of traffic so I didn’t go quickly. I got the warning and then it went away after a few seconds. I was concentrating on the traffic and didn’t realize the warning until I got the alert through FordPass.
Hey Paul: If you are the designer of hill assist, you have some explaining to do. Seems like it is a failure to a lot of Ford truck owners.
Sponsored