Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
I happen to remove the bottom piece of my cup holder and I found a key. I tried it and I was able to operate my driver door lock with it. Anyone else find a key?

Ford F-150 Hidden key under the cupholder? 20210212_222233
Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I happen to remove the bottom piece of my cup holder and I found a key. I tried it and I was able to operate my driver door lock with it. Anyone else find a key?
20210212_222233.jpg
My dealer gave a key like that when I picked up my truck. It is the same as the spare key in your key fob.

OP
OP
Louis

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
Occupation
Biz Owner
My dealer gave a key like that when I picked up my truck. It is the same as the spare key in your key fob.
That explains it. Another thing my dealer failed to do I am sure.

ivorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT 302
So can you start the truck without the FOB in the truck with that key or is it just the key part without a chip?

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
So can you start the truck without the FOB in the truck with that key or is it just the key part without a chip?
It is just a key to unlock the doors, glove box, console, & spare tire.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Yep

USMMA

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150

20210212_222233.jpg
Ironically, I just found that key today as well, it was in the drivers door pocket

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
My salesman handed me mine.

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
That explains it. Another thing my dealer failed to do I am sure.
Did they show you how to start your truck with a dead fob? Assuming yours is push button start.

Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Did they show you how to start your truck with a dead fob? Assuming yours is push button start.
I recall seeing this in a YouTube video. ('Pretty sure it was for the 2020.) You drop the dead FOB into that hole underneath the cup-holder (coincidentally shown in the center of Louis' photo). In that location, the truck can sense the chip in the FOB, even though the FOB is dead, and the car will start.

I'll try to locate the video and post the link here.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I recall seeing this in a YouTube video. ('Pretty sure it was for the 2020.) You drop the dead FOB into that hole underneath the cup-holder (coincidentally shown in the center of Louis' photo). In that location, the truck can sense the chip in the FOB, even though the FOB is dead, and the car will start.

I'll try to locate the video and post the link here.
@F150ish -
As promised, here’s the link:

OP
OP
Louis

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
Occupation
Biz Owner
Nada. My Dealer showed nothing except green salesman showed me stuff on my in dash screen. They loaded Ford Pass on my phone (probably to hit their numbers). I think "washing" my truck for delivery was a chore for them. I needed a truck by Dec 31. There were NO Dk Gray Trucks, Crew ,6.5ft bed, Sunroof, NO Chrome within 600 miles that would dealer trade. (according to preferred dealer) NONE... I searched online for 3 weeks straight. (within 100miles). I finally found this truck , being built, on Ford Website and dealer was willing to sell to me. (Not trade) I purchased sight unseen. I drove the 2+ hrs to get the truck once Dearborn delivered it. Dealer was very unimpressive.
TMI ... I know... (I feel better)

Last edited:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Nada. My Dealer showed nothing. They loaded Ford Pass on my phone (probably to hit their numbers). I think "washing" my truck for delivery was a chore for them. I needed a truck by Dec 31. There were NO Dk Gray Trucks, Crew ,6.5ft bed, Sunroof, NO Chrome within 600 miles that would dealer trade. (according to preferred dealer) NONE... I searched online for 3 weeks straight. (within 100miles). I finally found this truck , being built, on Ford Website and dealer was willing to sell to me. (Not trade) I purchased sight unseen. I drove the 2+ hrs to get the truck once Dearborn delivered it. Dealer was very unimpressive.
TMI ... I know... (I feel better)
I have nothing but nice things to say about my dealer.
They tried to pull a couple things over my eyes, but I called them on it in a hurry.
They installed the Ford accessories before I picked up the truck.
My sales guy became a quarantine statistic after I paid for the truck, but before I picked it up.
2 or 3 different sales reps took care of me when I went to pick it up.
one guy explained that one accessory was not available yet but I would be notified when it is ( trailer brake controller-paid for)
Another rounded up all the books, keys and a coffee cup i accidently left at the last visit.
A third went and made up the temp plate, and brought the truck out for me, all warmed as well. He offered to help set up my phone, but that was not necessary. He also told me to come back up in a couple weeks when it warmed up a bit, and they would do a proper detail. It was just too damn cold out to give it a proper dealer prep.

im glad I had them put the floor liners in—snow everywhere here in SOUTH TEXAS.
53 feet from Mexico and maybe 200 feet from the equator and we have SNOW standing
Sponsored