Sponsored

HEV-HAZARD truck may shut off!!

Gunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat
Got a check engine light with a red truck warning light followed by a big red message on the dash saying to pull over asap.

Here is what the ford app shows:

Ford F-150 HEV-HAZARD truck may shut off!! Screenshot_20210330-071017_FordPass

I am at the dealership now. I will hopefully have an update soon.
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I hope there is a legit reason for the warning. I think the computer goes and pings all the bagillion systems on the truck and if it doesn't answer it'll throw a warning and it might only be that the ping wasn't answered quick enough.

OP
OP
Gunny

Gunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat
It happened when I was getting on the gas pedal, not flooring it just merging onto the highway. When the truck hit around 55 mph then the motor was hesitating and all hell broke loose on the dash with warning lights.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
It happened when I was getting on the gas pedal, not flooring it just merging onto the highway. When the truck hit around 55 mph then the motor was hesitating and all hell broke loose on the dash with warning lights.
Y'all had more than a warning pop up. Now don't become a ghost to never be heard from again....

Sponsored

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
I dont ever want to see that message lol---any update??

OP
OP
Gunny

Gunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat
Nope. Does not look like it will be today.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
watching

OP
OP
Gunny

Gunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat
Sorry for the lack of updates. The truck is still at the dealership. They had to contact ford engineers as the dealership was unable to solve the problem. I called the service counter this morning to get an update and I was told that after working with the ford engineers they were told to order and replace the "Hybrid Module for transaxle". They said they received the "parts" but he did not have any other information until the service manager gets back from lunch then he will call me.

Not sure if this module is specific to the hybrid f150, as I get more information I will move this post to reflect the correct category. I have been searching online for the warnings and check engine codes I received and it seems like I may be the first to deal with this as I have not found any other instances of this happening.

Sponsored

75032Limited

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum & 2021 Limited
Watching as Mine is in order limbo due to shut downs like others on here.

Balbright

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
I just picked up my new 2021 Powerboost last week. First time getting on the throttle hard I had the same issue.
HEV-Hazard and no power! Taking to the dealer today.

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
I just picked up my new 2021 Powerboost last week. First time getting on the throttle hard I had the same issue.
HEV-Hazard and no power! Taking to the dealer today.
Just WOW----how many miles on yours

Balbright

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
1225 miles. Dealer said the’ll need the truck for at least 3 days for diagnostic tests. I’ll update when I hear more.

Balbright

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
Sorry for the lack of updates. The truck is still at the dealership. They had to contact ford engineers as the dealership was unable to solve the problem. I called the service counter this morning to get an update and I was told that after working with the ford engineers they were told to order and replace the "Hybrid Module for transaxle". They said they received the "parts" but he did not have any other information until the service manager gets back from lunch then he will call me.

Not sure if this module is specific to the hybrid f150, as I get more information I will move this post to reflect the correct category. I have been searching online for the warnings and check engine codes I received and it seems like I may be the first to deal with this as I have not found any other instances of this happening.
Any word on yours? My dealer is not giving me much confidence…
Sponsored