HEV-HAZARD truck may shut off!!

maxinike

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 powerboost, ranger 2020 and lawn tractor
suspecting the electric drive motor that will need to be replaced. seem to be a concern on BP since there is a new TSB about electric motor replacement if it generate a specific Dtc and lack of power around 4000rpm. know one had been done around here
Sponsored

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
just popped this warning on mine. bringing it in friday morning. I am guessing I am going to be parking at the dealer for a while waiting for fix. will update.

Balbright

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
just popped this warning on mine. bringing it in friday morning. I am guessing I am going to be parking at the dealer for a while waiting for fix. will update.
It took 3 days for them to fix mine. All seems good now. I’ve driven about 1000 miles since I got it back and I’ve put it to the test. A couple hard launches and pulled a heavy trailer.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
It took 3 days for them to fix mine. All seems good now. I’ve driven about 1000 miles since I got it back and I’ve put it to the test. A couple hard launches and pulled a heavy trailer.
any idea of exactly what they replaced? Was it the actual electric motor itself or some module for that system?

Balbright

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
It was a module… B
any idea of exactly what they replaced? Was it the actual electric motor itself or some module for that system?
It was a module…but I’m now having the same issue again. It’s going back in next week.

Sponsored

AaronA

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost & Max Tow Package

AaronA

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost & Max Tow Package
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-hybrid-transmission-problems.3082/post-63251

Sharing my experience too with a bad wiring connector seal subject to water intrusion, I have a few posts on my month long saga, now coming up on truck in the shop as long as we actually got to use it. Had to get a v8 loaner to tow my 9000lb trailer...

Finally got our truck back, a new wiring harness finally cleared the issue. Link to the 2021 hybrid transmission problems thread has photos of the connector that had water in it (known factory sealant issue). More details: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-hybrid-transmission-problems.3082/post-70059

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I realize I never updated. When I brought it in they said I needed a new hybrid powertrain but it was fine to drive until it came in. This morning truck went dead when I was stopped and I was stuck in a road for 15 minutes because it wouldn't start. Got it towed to the dealership we'll see if it was just the thing they thought or if there are other issues. It took months to get the part in I realized supply chain issues tough situations all around not feeling happy about this purchase right now though.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I realize I never updated. When I brought it in they said I needed a new hybrid powertrain but it was fine to drive until it came in. This morning truck went dead when I was stopped and I was stuck in a road for 15 minutes because it wouldn't start. Got it towed to the dealership we'll see if it was just the thing they thought or if there are other issues. It took months to get the part in I realized supply chain issues tough situations all around not feeling happy about this purchase right now though.
Wow, that really sucks.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Thanks for following up on this – especially if it's a seal/water issue and not a build quality or component failure/defect. I'm sure everyone is keen to know if this kind of "it just died" failure is going to be an issue. Fingers crossed you're taking the bullet for the team! : )

Sponsored

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It really sucks, and has me wanting to get rid of it as soon as fixed, but that may just the frustration talking. I will definitely keep yall updated with details.

related - anything special one needs to know when trying to reimburse for car rental under the Ford extended service plan? :/

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
It really sucks, and has me wanting to get rid of it as soon as fixed, but that may just the frustration talking. I will definitely keep yall updated with details.

related - anything special one needs to know when trying to reimburse for car rental under the Ford extended service plan? :/
The times I've gotten a rental under the ESP the dealership took car of it all.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Not defending Ford because there's no defense for such things, but as consumers we can't be shocked at the teething pains that a first-release product like this is likely to provide?
This is no ordinary F150 in so many ways. Just the shear number of components that must play in harmony is daunting. I knew going in that I must either be crazy or just brave and stupid to purchase a year one of something this complex, but I just WANTED it so bad from the moment I digested what the potential of this thing in my lifestyle offered.

But I'll be right here fussin about its shortcomings when I experience any. Lol

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Not defending Ford because there's

Site went down for a moment and resulted in a double post

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Not defending Ford because there's no defense for such things, but as consumers we can't be shocked at the teething pains that a first-release product like this is likely to provide?
This is no ordinary F150 in so many ways. Just the shear number of components that must play in harmony is daunting. I knew going in that I must either be crazy or just brave and stupid to purchase a year one of something this complex, but I just WANTED it so bad from the moment I digested what the potential of this thing in my lifestyle offered.

But I'll be right here fussin about its shortcomings when I experience any. Lol
I have to say, my early build (Nov) PowerBoost has really been exceptional. I had the windshield recall, the headed mirror update and had them address the 3rd gear shift getting a bit harsh, which was a software correction.

All and all I'm happy to say I am very pleased and very impressed with my truck.

Now, I hope I didn't jinx myself. :unsure:
Sponsored