Help

Bill Fernandez

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Can anyone tell me if that’s a camera of some sort and why is there a vent? I can’t find anything in my owners manual.

Ford F-150 Help 499158F3-0F65-4F5E-A0B5-10C02799824E
Sponsored

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Can anyone tell me if that’s a camera of some sort and why is there a vent? I can’t find anything in my owners manual.

499158F3-0F65-4F5E-A0B5-10C02799824E.jpeg
Maybe something to do with this.

Ford confirmed the new 2021 F-150 will be offered with hands-off driving technology. Upmarket trim levels will be available with Co-Pilot 360, a suite of electronic driving aids that includes a feature called Active Drive Assist.

Already announced for the electric Mustang Mach-E, the Active Drive Assist feature will allow drivers to take their hands completely off the steering wheel when they're traveling on the roughly 100,000 miles of American highways that Ford has mapped. It relies on camera- and radar-based technologies to keep the truck centered in its lane and traveling at a pre-determined speed; think of it as adaptive cruise control meets lane-keeping assist. It does not turn the F-150 into a fully autonomous car, and motorists will be required to keep both eyes on the road at all times. They will be monitored by a driver-facing camera that tracks their head and eye movements.

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King ranch power boost
Only guessing something to do with your hands free phone.

OP
OP

Bill Fernandez

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Thank you, it’s an XLT so I’m surprised it would come with that.

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did your XLT come with hands-free? I’m waiting on my king ranch to be delivered it’s sitting in the railyard waiting to be truckEd to the dealer. been there for a week now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bill Fernandez

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Did your XLT come with hands-free? I’m waiting on my king ranch to be delivered it’s sitting in the railyard waiting to be truckEd to the dealer. been there for a week now.
Yes it did. King Ranch? Man, I would love one of those.

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I drive a 2020 lariat crew cab. I’ve always been pretty happy with the lariat trim. Really wanted the platinum but decided not to wait. looks like it’s gonna be even harder to get a truck built. With the chip shortage an all no telling how long it’s going to take. Got the pro power on board though, that was the main thing I wanted. This was a dealer ordered truck, they ordered a platinum as well but it’s already been spoken for. I’m hoping the guy changes his mind LOL. Can’t wait to try out The pro power, hooked to my toy hauler.

RawFord

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150/ 2005 GTO
Occupation
Console operator
Xlt only comes in co pilot assist. Which is not a true hands free. The co pilot active is the true hands free system.