Sponsored

Help with cluster bezel part number

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
You'd think, but ford has 4 different unique parts for the floor ambient LEDs that all function / fit in the exact same manner. Each unique part number costs ford $10k to have in the system, not to mention the costs associated with having 4 unique parts to deal with. They also transitioned those LEDS from RGB into a single color saving 2 cents or so per, instead of transitioning to the same exact part potentially saving 4 cents while streamlining part counts and mass producing 1 part. There's a whole bunch of inefficiencies up and down the line they could resolve. This is the problem with legacy auto though. While I'm not a fan of tesla vehicles due to their over simplification and design stagnation, their presence is forcing every incumbent manufacturer to reevaluate their method of operating from the ground up. Tesla's profit margins are mindbogglingly high and their tech top notch.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Its not an easy mod to do but imo worth it just depends how much time and money you are willing to spend but at the end everyone has their own opinion. If you want to have it done right you'll definitely need 2 dash pieces and its quite a bit of work to take everything apart so youll have to be determined lol... One thing i forgot to mention if you decide to go ahead with this you'll need de power your passenger SRS airbag my understanding is you're not supposed just unplug the connector since that will throw out codes. I could be wrong on this and someone more knowledgeable can correct me but that's what I've done its better to be safe than sorry
Codes are easily reset after a successful key cycle and an OBD tool (might not be needed after a couple key cycles). The OCM gets mad if ANY seat or airbag is removed. My rear seats are still out and I had key cycles while the front seats where out (airbags in them) and I didn't have to reset any codes. Always unplug the airbag as soon as possible when screwing with them. They're classified as explosives for good reason, and anyone that deals with them (servicing, ect) must be licensed for explosives.

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Well shit. I going in deep. Just ordered the right and left top dash pieces from my Ford dealer. Just have decide on what bezel I want. With the cluster and other pieces I’m just a bit over 1k so not too bad. Guess we will see. Should be a fun project tearing into my almost new truck. Lol.

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
So an update for any interested. I got the new digital cluster in today. Just loosely fitted to see how it works. I flashed it with my as built from my 8” cluster as I also wrote my odometer. All works great and it’s amazing. I really like it so far. Tomorrow I’ll be tearing into the dash to install both new top pieces. Should be interesting.

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Well boys it’s all done. I think it came out great. Taking the dash apart was no small task but really was not that bad. Just took some time. But all together it looks like it came from the factory that way. I’m pleased with the result. All in for the cluster, bezel, and both top pieces I’m about $1050 deep. I also added the hill decent control button and wire while I had everything apart. 👍

Sponsored

twoboosted

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Ecoboost 302A High
Occupation
Estimator
Old thread but what part numbers did you end up using?

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Ford F-150 Help with cluster bezel part number 1704724955044

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Ford F-150 Help with cluster bezel part number 1704725022891

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
So both of these are the non “sport” version for a lariat. So they don’t have that reddish color that would not match a lower trim truck. Both of these are the dark grayish color that match everything really good. It looks like it came from the factory this way. I’ll take a picture in a bit when I’m in the truck so you can see.

twoboosted

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Estimator
Awesome .. thanks

Sponsored

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
I wonder if the regular cab 2024 XL which comes with the 12” has a lower trim look that matches so one would only need to get the driver side? I know your swap is complete OP but just thinking out loud as I have a cluster and bezel but I haven’t sprung for the dash tops yet and if I can keep from swapping the passenger that’s a win.

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I wonder if the regular cab 2024 XL which comes with the 12” has a lower trim look that matches so one would only need to get the driver side? I know your swap is complete OP but just thinking out loud as I have a cluster and bezel but I haven’t sprung for the dash tops yet and if I can keep from swapping the passenger that’s a win.
It depends. My first thought is that it will not be the same. But who knows. I’ll post pics in a bit of it in my truck close up so you can kind of see the material.

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Ford F-150 Help with cluster bezel part number IMG_3082

Ford F-150 Help with cluster bezel part number IMG_3084

Ford F-150 Help with cluster bezel part number IMG_3083

twoboosted

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Estimator
That looks nice!!! Would you have the bezel part number? About to order everything

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
That looks nice!!! Would you have the bezel part number? About to order everything
The bezel I got from a guy on the forums. So I don’t have that part number but I’ll do some digging to see if I can get a part number.
Sponsored