First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
So I have a 22 XLT sport and I’ve obtained a 12” digital cluster what I’m having an issue with is finding the proper part number for the bezel that will match my interior. Any help would be appreciated. And I am scouring eBay and so far no joy. I’m attaching a picture it that helps. TIA

Ford F-150 Help with cluster bezel part number 1B869F24-8F11-40E4-B6AA-3301B7D8FDD3
Sponsored

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
When i did mine i had to wrap that piece in somewhat similar type or color of material that xlt interior is. Sorry to say but I believe there isn't a matching piece since higher up trims have different interior colors

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
XLT's are painted in that bronze color that they us to accent most of the vehicles including the 20" dark wheels. It's nicely done, just an ugly color. It's metallic auto paint though. Just wish they'd color match the vehicle. If it's the painted area that's a concern you can paint or wrap it pretty easy as they gave you a perfect surface to work with.

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
Actually the bezel piece that goes around the cluster on most xlts is the same as the pic he posted the problem is one you try to swap to 12 in digital from lariat and higher up trims that piece has a bit different design and there is no replacement with the same color mine was some greyish/blue or whatever lol that completely didn't match so i had to improvise.. also OP you still need to get top dash parts so one above cluster and of course if you want it matching the passenger side above airbag different trims have different designs and material

Last edited:
OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Actually the bezel piece that goes around the cluster on most xlts is the same as the pic he posted the problem is one you try to swap to 12 in digital from lariat and higher up trims that piece has a bit different design and there is no replacement with the same color mine was some greyish/blue or whatever lol that completely didn't match so i had to improvise.. also OP you still need to get top dash parts so one above cluster and of course if you want it matching the passenger side above airbag different trims have different designs and material
See that’s what is confusing. I talked to a guy that has an XLT and he said when he put the digital cluster in he did not replace the top piece or so he said. I guess once it gets here I will have to see. As for the bezel I did find one on eBay that does not look bad.

Sponsored

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
Yeah idk how he accomplished that problem is that bezel your asking about in first post has a different size than XLTS so even if you somehow manage to put it together you'll either have a gap on right side possibly on top or it won't completely line up. You can compare the size of that "L" shaped trim piece from xlt to lariat and they are different either way give it a try I've done this last summer so I kinda forgot how it all pieced together lol

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
Also if the 12in cluster is used and it has higher mileage than your truck you won't be able to write correct miles as forscan only allows to go up not back for obvious reasons

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Also if the 12in cluster is used and it has higher mileage than your truck you won't be able to write correct miles as forscan only allows to go up not back for obvious reasons
Good to know. The cluster I bought is set at 0 miles per the seller. I think it’s brand new but I’ll find out. Just came today so I’ll unbox it and see what I’ve got.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I considered the 12" IPC but after having my truck and driving a platinum I was looking at, I didn't see the value in it. The primary gauges changing font sizes looked wonky and the 8" displays pretty much everything the 12" does but using "analog" RPM/Speedo. My MME has a all-digital IPC and it's very scant on info -- the 8" in the F150 displays more info. Different isn't always better.

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I considered the 12" IPC but after having my truck and driving a platinum I was looking at, I didn't see the value in it. The primary gauges changing font sizes looked wonky and the 8" displays pretty much everything the 12" does but using "analog" RPM/Speedo. My MME has a all-digital IPC and it's very scant on info -- the 8" in the F150 displays more info. Different isn't always better.
I agree about the grass not always greener. I got I think a good deal on the ipc so my thinking is I’ll put it in and see how I really like it then if I don’t I can always resell it. But I’m a sucker for screens so I think I will. I did drive a lariat and it was nice. I’ll just have to play with it and see.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree about the grass not always greener. I got I think a good deal on the ipc so my thinking is I’ll put it in and see how I really like it then if I don’t I can always resell it. But I’m a sucker for screens so I think I will. I did drive a lariat and it was nice. I’ll just have to play with it and see.
I love screens too, my primary machine at my house has 4 and all of my workstations at the office have at least 2 with a stack of new ones waiting for allocation. The 12" just doesn't give any additional utility and the dash pieces to fit it, even if the screen was free, just wasn't justified. I was on the fence about swapping out for my 3rd F150 going for the platinum and took just 10 minutes to compare what it brought vs the XLT 302a. It had ~$4k in differences I wanted so I just went to work on the XLT. The deletes from the plat were also a big killer. I was being suckered in it being different, but upon closer inspection, it wasn't.

If ford actually implemented any number of software features competitors have, it be a different story. One thing the 12" could bring is lane change cameras -- ford doesn't care. So the 12" ends up being a display solely to generate fake analog gauges, which the 8" is already more the capable of. It's not like it's the old school orange needles or whatever, they look / act just like the electroluminescent versions of older 'premium' gauges which makes them aesthetically pleasing. The fact the screen only uses its extra real estate to mimic analog gauges makes it an easy decision IMO. The 8" ends up providing the same 'info' with its larger area dedicated to non-gauge functions. That's the realization I came to at least. The 15th gen will undoubtedly be a better offering -- we get a taste of what's to come with the 2024 mustang's arrangement which is quite nice. A far better implementation of screens that the MME / and upper lightning trims with the 15" display. (sans forced screen climate controls -- not a fan, never will be -- I like to have a dedicated knob that I turn and it acts)

(example of lane-change view)

The mustang's new screens

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Yes! Lane change cameras would be awesome and really so easy for those of us that have the 360 already. Yeah I’m kinda trying to decide now about all this. I’ve been chatting with Jesse about what exactly has to be changed since he is the de facto expert lol. So I’ve got time to return it and that will give me time to see what I can source parts and price wise to make a decision. I don’t hate the cluster we have in the XLT so maybe might keep it.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's the dash / trim pieces that ultimately killed it for me.

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
It's the dash / trim pieces that ultimately killed it for me.
Yeah. It could be the deal killer for me as well. I will do some research and see what I can find. You would think in this day and age with cost cutting that they would have designed the top piece to fit all the clusters such that all you would need is the correct bezel. 🤷‍♂️

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
Its not an easy mod to do but imo worth it just depends how much time and money you are willing to spend but at the end everyone has their own opinion. If you want to have it done right you'll definitely need 2 dash pieces and its quite a bit of work to take everything apart so youll have to be determined lol... One thing i forgot to mention if you decide to go ahead with this you'll need de power your passenger SRS airbag my understanding is you're not supposed just unplug the connector since that will throw out codes. I could be wrong on this and someone more knowledgeable can correct me but that's what I've done its better to be safe than sorry
Sponsored