HELP: "Stop Safely Now" message?

skohler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 platinum PB
Just an update, dealer had my truck all day and updated what they could but had trouble. Had to order an apim module so not quite done. At least I have my truck for the weekend and will continue next week when the part comes in. Looks like sync is still the same version (23045 if I remember right).
Sponsored

hokieinidaho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 '04
Just an update, dealer had my truck all day and updated what they could but had trouble. Had to order an apim module so not quite done. At least I have my truck for the weekend and will continue next week when the part comes in. Looks like sync is still the same version (23045 if I remember right).

Good luck - hope it works!

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
My truck is now scheduled for the upgrade, November 28th. Let's see how efficient Jenkins & Wynne is.

labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Platinum
Occupation
IT
My truck is now scheduled for the upgrade, November 28th. Let's see how efficient Jenkins & Wynne is.
Let me know if they do a good job and don't keep your truck more than a day. I'd be willing to drive to Clarksville to get good service when I take mine in for the SSN issue.

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
Finally got the truck in for the SSN service. That went south real quick! All day long, no news. Finally right at shop closing time, I get a call. Tech said that I have SIX MODULES that are erroring out. He said that all the techs agree, no one believes that six modules are simultaneously failing. The only common denominator is the high-speed bus that connects them all. They have a call to Ford with the details of what they have found. Now we wait on Ford ...

Sponsored

skohler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 platinum PB
Update to the update- got my truck back with the new APIM installed. The sync version is now 23291. Honestly not driven it much to see if there are still any gremlins, but the throttle response and power is quite a bit different. A lot of power early on and seems the battery regen is less aggressive. Not really sure how to quantify it. Maybe I drove the first few thousand miles like a grandpa and the reset button was pushed.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Finally got the truck in for the SSN service. That went south real quick! All day long, no news. Finally right at shop closing time, I get a call. Tech said that I have SIX MODULES that are erroring out. He said that all the techs agree, no one believes that six modules are simultaneously failing. The only common denominator is the high-speed bus that connects them all. They have a call to Ford with the details of what they have found. Now we wait on Ford ...
Honestly, this sounds like a dealer tech issue which is a huge issue no matter what manufacturer. It sucks and I feel for you.

mommarazzi

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 hybrid Lariat, 2021 Ford Escape hyb
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Ford Motor Company has been incredibly helpful for us. Using the remote start for use worked well for awhile. We had it at our dealer (who have been incredible), they found some minor electrical issues and did a software update and no further problems (Knock wood). The other thing we have found is we use the truck more regularly, rather than having it sit for days it seems to help. Hang in there!!

Tripdaddy95

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Avalanche Lariat SCrew PB BAP
For the record, I experienced this issue 2 times in a short period of time. It was about the 3 month mark. It has not happened since. It started as expected after a few hours of being left alone. I have other vehicles so it was not an issue to take one of the others. Both times were at home when trying to leave.

I live near the bottom of a hill and was trying to coast in E mode all the way home. the distance was a little over a mile. I have since stopped that practice, and have not had any issues.

Coincidence? EV battery SOC issue? I do not know but now I force the engine on the last few hundred yards so I know there is always some juice left in the EV battery when I leave the house.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
For the record, I experienced this issue 2 times in a short period of time. It was about the 3 month mark. It has not happened since. It started as expected after a few hours of being left alone. I have other vehicles so it was not an issue to take one of the others. Both times were at home when trying to leave.

I live near the bottom of a hill and was trying to coast in E mode all the way home. the distance was a little over a mile. I have since stopped that practice, and have not had any issues.

Coincidence? EV battery SOC issue? I do not know but now I force the engine on the last few hundred yards so I know there is always some juice left in the EV battery when I leave the house.
I completely concur with your theory.
I'm not saying it's the ONLY circumstance that could trigger the alert and/or no-start status, but it certainly looks like one of the parameters that did.

And it's a software patch that addressed that specific batch of trucks. So clearly there was some difference between those 2023 trucks in hardware supplier or software/firmware onboard.

Sponsored

madsend81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 157" WB
Occupation
Engineer
I had the "Stop Safely Now" error when I tried to leave work today. I've had my PB since August and have 6700 miles on it. This is the first issue I've had with it. Up until now it has been an absolute dream to own.
Thanks to reading this forum and the guidance from memebrs on here, I popped the hood, hooked up my NOCO jump pack to the battery, and the truck started up and drove home with no issues.
Hopefully the issue is just being a part of the less than stellar batch of AGM batteries that have been referenced. If it happens to me again, I'll be having the dealer look at it.

Jerome10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I had the "Stop Safely Now" error when I tried to leave work today. I've had my PB since August and have 6700 miles on it. This is the first issue I've had with it. Up until now it has been an absolute dream to own.
Thanks to reading this forum and the guidance from memebrs on here, I popped the hood, hooked up my NOCO jump pack to the battery, and the truck started up and drove home with no issues.
Hopefully the issue is just being a part of the less than stellar batch of AGM batteries that have been referenced. If it happens to me again, I'll be having the dealer look at it.
This is actually a very helpful post.... I had the SSN message once since buying the truck. December 2023.

By early February I was getting the constant "12V battery low" message with none of the interior lights working etc. Not even a 60 mile expressway drive could get rid of the message.

Took it in, dealer did a quick check and the 12V battery passed but he said leave it a few hours and they'd do a "rotunda" test on it. Some deeper level battery check. 12V battery failed that one, got a new one under warranty and good to go since.

Don't have time to dig through this thread now but there is a SSN TSB. I'm guessing that's gotta be mentioned here.

But this is the first post I've seen regarding SSN and using a jumper box to just get yourself going. And my first read that a defective 12V battery might actually be the cause of the SSN problem.

So now I'm wondering if my SSN problem was just my bad 12V battery that started failing in December and finally crapped out by February?

I'd honestly like the SSN to happen one more time so I can take it in and have them do the TSB update.....

TheDIG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lariat
This is actually a very helpful post.... I had the SSN message once since buying the truck. December 2023.

By early February I was getting the constant "12V battery low" message with none of the interior lights working etc. Not even a 60 mile expressway drive could get rid of the message.

Took it in, dealer did a quick check and the 12V battery passed but he said leave it a few hours and they'd do a "rotunda" test on it. Some deeper level battery check. 12V battery failed that one, got a new one under warranty and good to go since.

Don't have time to dig through this thread now but there is a SSN TSB. I'm guessing that's gotta be mentioned here.

But this is the first post I've seen regarding SSN and using a jumper box to just get yourself going. And my first read that a defective 12V battery might actually be the cause of the SSN problem.

So now I'm wondering if my SSN problem was just my bad 12V battery that started failing in December and finally crapped out by February?

I'd honestly like the SSN to happen one more time so I can take it in and have them do the TSB update.....
why wait? Call your dealer and tell them you want the TSB applied. They'll check your codes to verify its applicable and hopefully you'll be good to go. Thats what I did anyway. Good luck!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I might be mistaken, but the TSB was/is/has been delivered to trucks in the form of an OTA update.

Of course since OTA delivery success is far from consistent across all trucks, most wouldn't know if they have received it yet.

Beagleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Powerboost 502A
Yes, delivery of the stop safely now fix was an OTA. I received mine in one of the updates received starting in November. The dealership confirmed this. Still don't know which one contained the fix, however. Haven't been stranded since.
Sponsored