Help Needed With Decision!!

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
Help! Have Platinum 701a on order (see signature line). No VIN yet, and now Job 2 truck. Ordered through out-of-state dealer who "believes" truck will come as ordered. I am nervous reading about arbitrary cancellation of ordered options. Local dealer, who I have relationship with, just called with unsold King Ranch 601a (in-transit) that has everything I wanted except max recline seats. It has stuff I didn't want like trailer tow package. Color is Agate Black w/java interior and chrome package vs ordered Rapid Red BAP 701a. Not real sold on idea of Black truck, but has everything except max recline. Worried that my ordered truck with show up with things missing. Price difference - initial quote - is about $5k (premium) difference. I think I can narrow that down some but not all the way. Interested in thoughts! Am I nuts? Should I stand pat and hope I get what I ordered? Or should I jump at this opportunity and see if I can narrow down price diff. Let me hear your thoughts - going to see dealer in morning!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Howman59

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
I have a black truck I'm trading in for my ordered iconic silver. Just my opinion. Black is great when it's clean and shiny which lasts about 2 hours of driving.
Yeah - have had two black vehicles before. Its an issue!

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
You know what they say about a "bird in the hand."

Myself, I'm very happy that I will get exactly what I wanted someday.

But if I could do it all over again I'd ask my dealer what they had already ordered in the pipeline and claim one of those.

Ford F-150 Help Needed With Decision!! birdhand

OP
OP
Howman59

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
You know what they say about a "bird in the hand."

Myself, I'm very happy that I will get exactly what I wanted someday.

But if I could do it all over again I'd ask my dealer what they had already ordered in the pipeline and claim one of those.

birdhand.jpg
Agreed - but I would be happy to wait for what I want if I was confident that I would get what I ordered! Reading some of the threads here has me very worried that I will wait 8-9 months from order just to learn that key options that I wanted were deleted and then end of canceling order! Perhaps I am panicking - good news is that I am not "in need" of a new vehicle and could afford to take the chance but once I have decided.....;)

Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
For the money we're paying.... I say get exactly what you want.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Howman59

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
For money we're paying.... I say get exactly what you want.
Agree, but not sure that's possible given what I read here! But hard to argue - just seems crazy to order a vehicle, then wait an expected 5-8 months (if not longer) only to see a window sticker that has arbitrarily deleted options!

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Help! Have Platinum 701a on order (see signature line). No VIN yet, and now Job 2 truck. Ordered through out-of-state dealer who "believes" truck will come as ordered. I am nervous reading about arbitrary cancellation of ordered options. Local dealer, who I have relationship with, just called with unsold King Ranch 601a (in-transit) that has everything I wanted except max recline seats. It has stuff I didn't want like trailer tow package. Color is Agate Black w/java interior and chrome package vs ordered Rapid Red BAP 701a. Not real sold on idea of Black truck, but has everything except max recline. Worried that my ordered truck with show up with things missing. Price difference - initial quote - is about $5k (premium) difference. I think I can narrow that down some but not all the way. Interested in thoughts! Am I nuts? Should I stand pat and hope I get what I ordered? Or should I jump at this opportunity and see if I can narrow down price diff. Let me hear your thoughts - going to see dealer in morning!!!
I have a platinum w every option .. never use max recline seats

OP
OP
Howman59

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
I have a platinum w every option .. never use max recline seats
Viewed max recline as key option for “in-truck” camping. Planning trip to Grand Canyon, New Mexico and through Utah and planning on sleeping in truck about 1/2 the time! Outside of that trip - and maybe others - doubt I would ever use.

Sponsored

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
What are you going to not have on the platinum? Maybe park assist? That’s all I know that would be missing for a job 2 truck.

OP
OP
Howman59

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
What are you going to not have on the platinum? Maybe park assist? That’s all I know that would be missing for a job 2 truck.
I have read “park assist”, “blue cruise”, 360 camera, and if they are “de-contenting” then who knows?

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
I have read “park assist”, “blue cruise”, 360 camera, and if they are “de-contenting” then who knows?
The only feature that would not be on a Platinum is park assist. Park assist won’t be available for any trim including the Limited. Emotions and worry are getting you. Keep a level head and stay the course with the Platinum. I have a Platinum on order and I’m not worried about any of it. I wouldn’t use park assist so no big deal to me.

OP
OP
Howman59

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
The only feature that would not be on a Platinum is park assist. Park assist won’t be available for any trim including the Limited. Emotions and worry are getting you. Keep a level head and stay the course with the Platinum. I have a Platinum on order and I’m not worried about any of it. I wouldn’t use park assist so no big deal to me.
Thanks…I think you’re right. Emotions and worry ARE getting to me. Right now, going to sleep on it but will likely “stay the course”.
Sponsored