Sponsored

Help me configure my perfect build!

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Sorry the spray in and wheel well liner delay is for fleet orders. There’s a smaller delay for retail orders. Anyway I prefer aftermarket as they don’t spray over the bolts in the bed.
Sponsored

Papawsnow

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat FX4
I struggled with this, but the Lariat 500a added; the digital instrument cluster (which I love), 4A (which I think I will love - have it on my wife's Explorer), power folding mirrors (which I do use on occasion traveling off-road when hunting, logging roads) and leather, also includes the sliding rear window (that I do use). When I ran the numbers, there was hardly any difference for the Lariat upgrades vs a loaded XLT. FYI - all I added was FX4 (which includes the locking rear diff), tow tech (includes 360 cameras), and 360 Assist 2.0 (which I thought was superfluous but absolutely LOVE adaptive cruise, have front sensors, rain sensing wipers (another surprise like for me) and 3yr connected navigation (with a $250 rebate - so $500 for the Assist 2.0 - I think a real bargain). Just my 2 cents since you asked.

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
I struggled with this, but the Lariat 500a added; the digital instrument cluster (which I love), 4A (which I think I will love - have it on my wife's Explorer), power folding mirrors (which I do use on occasion traveling off-road when hunting, logging roads) and leather, also includes the sliding rear window (that I do use). When I ran the numbers, there was hardly any difference for the Lariat upgrades vs a loaded XLT. FYI - all I added was FX4 (which includes the locking rear diff), tow tech (includes 360 cameras), and 360 Assist 2.0 (which I thought was superfluous but absolutely LOVE adaptive cruise, have front sensors, rain sensing wipers (another surprise like for me) and 3yr connected navigation (with a $250 rebate - so $500 for the Assist 2.0 - I think a real bargain). Just my 2 cents since you asked.
That is where I’m at with my build. Leasing a 500A or even up to 502A is less than a dollar a day difference in payment. Really debating the 500A without the appearance package or the 501A sport because I like both 18” wheels.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
The sliding rear window is a must and I can’t believe they don’t include it in the 302A for everything else it comes with. Extremely handy if you ever buy lumber and have to carry something 12’ or longer. Can just slide it in through the window and rest on the tailgate, it’s a must have in my opinion for that one use. I love having it.

OP
OP

Jcway16

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I have a question on the Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0

It states:

Includes All Features from Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0, Plus:
• Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control – Features: Stop-and-Go; Lane Centering; Speed Sign Recognition
• Evasive Steering Assist
• Intersection Assist
• Connected Built-In Navigation*

What is the stop-and-go, lane centering, speed sign recognition, evasive steering assist sand intersection assist do exactly?

I like being connected to my vehicle and am a ‘driver’, sometimes I like to drive hard and don’t love a ton of ‘assistance’ from computers when doing so.

My wife’s Mini had an avoidance system that was VERY annoying on the Highway when making tight maneuvers

Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I have a question on the Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0

It states:

Includes All Features from Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0, Plus:
• Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control – Features: Stop-and-Go; Lane Centering; Speed Sign Recognition
• Evasive Steering Assist
• Intersection Assist
• Connected Built-In Navigation*

What is the stop-and-go, lane centering, speed sign recognition, evasive steering assist sand intersection assist do exactly?

I like being connected to my vehicle and am a ‘driver’, sometimes I like to drive hard and don’t love a ton of ‘assistance’ from computers when doing so.

My wife’s Mini had an avoidance system that was VERY annoying on the Highway when making tight maneuvers
Before going through your list, I'd say the big decision is GET BLUECRUISE! : )
If you cover a lot of miles on freeways and major routes, BlueCruise is something to consider.
Don't take my advice or anything you read on the InterWebZ but look into what is really new in a 2021 or 2022 vehicle … it's self-driving.

After 8000 miles of a "fully loaded" F-150 Hybrid in Platinum trim, I have some strong opinions on what's great and what's "meh."
For driver aids, "ADAS," I leave these systems enabled and I don't find them annoying.
The "adaptive" blah blah means it keeps a distance behind the car in front (faster reflexes than you or me, it turns slow-n-go peak hour congestion into "whatever" and you just sit there and remain alert for problems without the tedium of faster-slower-brake-faster-slower-brake.)
The lane-keeping system is great, too. It won't do everything to keep the truck on the asphalt along country roads, but for when it's really useful (freeways) it is great … invaluable … wouldn't build another truck without it.
Evasive steering, I've not seen happen, but the steering will "assist" in predicting steering around a turn … I like it … and you can continue to steer and adjust, it just adds some steering effort to guide around a turn it sees … this is something Ford does better than Tesla. Tesla imposes a "hands off" control … if you try to help Tesla Autopilot, it disengages … if you help Ford Co-Pilot, it allows the steering input and keeps going.
Intersection and "cross traffic" are handy but simple … cameras look for movement you can't see (because you don't have eyeballs on the front and rear bumper) and alert you to what is probably traffic or pedestrians … seems to me all new vehicles should have this.
The F nav is ok, but I wouldn't pay for it, Google and Waze navigate by voice and anticipate traffic congestion … I nav with Android Auto and my phone.

OP
OP

Jcway16

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
That’s good to know, but does it reset to ‘on’ every time I start the truck up? Or is it a complete on/off of the assistance with an easy switch until the next time I want it on?

I honestly would only want it on for longer road trips, not for regular drives.

My wife’s VW Atlas has lane assist and auto start/stop, both of which have to be turned off every time you start the vehicle, lane assist being deep in a menu. VERY annoying.

I do NOT want this truck to feel like I’m driving a robot think every time I get in it, only when I want on linger trips.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
That’s good to know, but does it reset to ‘on’ every time I start the truck up? Or is it a complete on/off of the assistance with an easy switch until the next time I want it on?

I honestly would only want it on for longer road trips, not for regular drives.

My wife’s VW Atlas has lane assist and auto start/stop, both of which have to be turned off every time you start the vehicle, lane assist being deep in a menu. VERY annoying.

I do NOT want this truck to feel like I’m driving a robot think every time I get in it, only when I want on linger trips.
Everything can be turned on and off individually in the settings menus and I don’t know of any that default to being back on by themselves.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Everything can be turned on and off individually in the settings menus and I don’t know of any that default to being back on by themselves.
Right.
That’s good to know, but does it reset to ‘on’ every time I start the truck up?

Lane-keep (Ford Co-pilot) is a button on the steering wheel and like just about everything is a user setting in the touchscreen menus.
It sounds like you might enjoy reading those parts of the owner's manual … it's easy to search in PDF form.
https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/F-150/2021/owner-manuals/
The Hybrid drives like a luxury vehicle, but it's still a leaf-spring pick-up and not a Tesla-like robo-car. I like to have the cruise on and use lane-keep and distance-keep as much of the time as possible – it's got faster reflexes and it doesn't get bored or distracted.
The big deal is BlueCruise … that will be handsfree and much safer.
A lot of people here are signed up for early access.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Get the 360, skip the B&O
Sponsored