Sponsored

Help..501A vs 502A

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A PowerBoost 7.2kw
Torn between two trucks for order.. pricing came out much closer than I was suspecting with the 502. Its more bare bones..missing the upgraded wheels, fx4 compared to my 501 build. I love the look of the 502A headlights and the upgraded rear seat heat and steering wheel would be nice since it will be parked outside a lot. I guess is the fx4 worth it? Would I be missing this? Also undecided about the wheels. I have moments where I really like the stock 18s, but the 20s always look nice in my opinion. I would be keeping the truck stock for the most part..possibly a front level, but stock size AT tires to be close to stock weight to preserve mpg.

Thanks for any thoughts/info!

501A
3.5 Powerboost
Pano Roof
Bed utility package
7.2 pro power
interior work surface
Fx4
Co Pilot assist
Trailer Tech Package
365 Camera Package
20" dark wheels
lariat sport appearance

62.0K out the door with taxes all fees etc

vs

3.5 Powerboost
Pano Roof
7.2 pro power
trailer tech package
interior work surface
lariat sport appearance
bed utility package

62.2 out the door
Sponsored

tylerneff1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Torn between two trucks for order.. pricing came out much closer than I was suspecting with the 502. Its more bare bones..missing the upgraded wheels, fx4 compared to my 501 build. I love the look of the 502A headlights and the upgraded rear seat heat and steering wheel would be nice since it will be parked outside a lot. I guess is the fx4 worth it? Would I be missing this? Also undecided about the wheels. I have moments where I really like the stock 18s, but the 20s always look nice in my opinion. I would be keeping the truck stock for the most part..possibly a front level, but stock size AT tires to be close to stock weight to preserve mpg.

501A
3.5 Powerboost
Pano Roof
Bed utility package
7.2 pro power
interior work surface
Fx4
Co Pilot assist
Trailer Tech Package
365 Camera Package
20" dark wheels
lariat sport appearance

vs

3.5 Powerboost
Pano Roof
7.2 pro power
trailer tech package
interior work surface
lariat sport appearance
bed utility package

62.2 out the door
I have a Carbonized gray 501A on order myself. I chose that over the 502A package because of price and options I wanted. The only real “noticeable” difference between the 502 and 501 is the heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and the even nicer headlights over the already nice ones. However, i didn’t option mine with the co pilot 2.0 assist package, I didn’t want that because I turn that off in the vehicle I do have with it equipped. Id persuade you to the 501A and be done with it!

OP
OP
DLav8r

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a Carbonized gray 501A on order myself. I chose that over the 502A package because of price and options I wanted. The only real “noticeable” difference between the 502 and 501 is the heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and the even nicer headlights over the already nice ones. However, i didn’t option mine with the co pilot 2.0 assist package, I didn’t want that because I turn that off in the vehicle I do have with it equipped. Id persuade you to the 501A and be done with it!

I optioned the 2.0 assist with the trailer tech package so I get the front parking sensors. That is the only reason.

Thanks..I keep waffling by the hour.

tylerneff1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I optioned the 2.0 assist with the trailer tech package so I get the front parking sensors. That is the only reason.

Makes sense. Parking sensors weren’t a deal breaker for me. I figured the 360 camera would be just fine instead of front sensors

thomhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150, '96 F-150, '13 Fusion
Personally between those I would choose the 501a build for the co-pilot assist and 360 cam. From what I have seen the co-pilot assist looks awesome and I’m looking forward to the automatic lane centering and speed sign recognition with adaptive cruise etc. With that said I do wish Ford allowed the heated steering wheel as a separate option but I would choose the tech features over that personally. I also went for the 20” sport wheels as in my opinion they are nicer than the 18” sport wheels, but that comes down to personal preference and if you ever want to go aftermarket it probably doesn’t make sense to pay for the 20s now.

FX4 consists of an electronic locking rear axle, different shocks, floor liners, some additional drive modes and hill descent control, differently tuned shocks, and skid plates. I opted not to include it myself as max tow includes the locker, the drive modes and hill descent can be added with forscan, and there are better and cheaper options available for skid plates and floor liners.

Just my .02. I’m sure you’ll love your new truck either way you decide!

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I would go for the 502A for the headlights as well. With the Powerboost, you're already getting the locking rear axle, so you're not missing much out of the FX4 package.

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
I have a 501a with same options and only thing I miss from my old truck is the heated steering wheel. That is a very good price for either truck. I thought I wouldn’t use the 2.0 co Pilot assist since my wife’s 21 explorer basically bounces between the road lines. After taking a 12 hour road trip I wouldn’t buy another vehicle without it. Lane keep with adaptive cruise control works as designed. Really amazing once you learn to trust the technology. Totally prevents diver fatigue and if used with common sense is very safe. It’s become my favorite feature.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
I would never regret having features I don’t use all the time, but I would regret NOT having features.

For me 502a was important because I wanted the best headlights (even though they are still “meh” imo), heating steering wheel and lots of other features I’m glad to have.

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
I debated this for a while too and ended up going with 501 to save a lttle.

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Having a 501A it’s a wonderful truck. If the 502 is missing co-pilot assist 2.0 I would absolutely take the 501A as I use that feature all the time. The headlights in the 501A are a big improvement over my last vehicle so I’m still happy in that department as well.

As symph mentioned, the 501 can potentially save a few bucks too. Ended up building with everything I cared about for less than most XLT’s stocked on the lot.

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
Having a 501A it’s a wonderful truck. If the 502 is missing co-pilot assist 2.0 I would absolutely take the 501A as I use that feature all the time. The headlights in the 501A are a big improvement over my last vehicle so I’m still happy in that department as well.

As symph mentioned, the 501 can potentially save a few bucks too. Ended up building with everything I cared about for less than most XLT’s stocked on the lot.
Agree, for me, co-pilot assist is more important than heated back seats that I dont sit in, and headlights that move a little when turning. 501 still has led headlights. I currently have an SUV with projector headlights. Rarely do I notice them except when pulling into my driveway.

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Unless they have changed it for 2022, the 2.0 assist package does NOT come with the front sensors. You have to get the Active package to get the front parking sensors.

I have a 502A with the 2.0 assist, and there are no front sensors.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel

501A
3.5 Powerboost
Pano Roof
Bed utility package
7.2 pro power
interior work surface
Fx4
Co Pilot assist
Trailer Tech Package
365 Camera Package
20" dark wheels
lariat sport appearance

vs

3.5 Powerboost
Pano Roof
7.2 pro power
trailer tech package
interior work surface
lariat sport appearance
bed utility package

62.2 out the door

If you going to keep the truck for a while, cost difference is very small. Particularly if you get the financing. As I age, I prefer more tech than less tech, helping me avoiding accident etc. and off course I like more comfort.

OP
OP
DLav8r

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unless they have changed it for 2022, the 2.0 assist package does NOT come with the front sensors. You have to get the Active package to get the front parking sensors.

I have a 502A with the 2.0 assist, and there are no front sensors.
I agree that is how it is written. What is odd is that there are a number of 22’s online with window stickers only showing the assist 2.0 (which is std on the 502a) with the tow tech package and or 360 camera. The actual truck pics shows the parking sensors equipped . Oddly enough that is how you get the sensors on a 501a.

seems to be random
Sponsored