Hello New to me 2021 Powerboost Lariat

hardrivn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid
New to me bought used with 7700 ish miles, still trying to figure out how to get BlueCruise as it is not an option in the online portal. It was factory optioned with CoPilot 360, but for some reason I cannot get the option to buy the upgrade to BlueCruise. Still this thing is insane with all the tech etc.

Ford F-150 Hello New to me 2021 Powerboost Lariat IMG_8931
Sponsored

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
You have to have the Copilot 360 ACTIVE prep in order to be able to use Bluecruise. You may only have Copilot 360 Assist. Got a window sticker you can post?

bdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now: '13 XLT 4x2 Soon(?): '22 501A Sport SCrew FX4
Nice looking truck. Unfortunately, judging by the headlights this is a 501A Lariat, and I believe BlueCruise is only available as an option on 502A and up.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If you have lane keeping and adaptive cruise control, don't fret over Bluecruise.

Seriously. I mean that.

I had a 2021 Platinum Powerboost without Bluecruise that I purchased from dealership inventory. Drove it for a year while I waited for my 2022 to get built.

So I have experienced both. And honestly, although it IS cool to look down at the gauge cluster and see that awesome hands-free graphic image, the actual experience is identical to Lane Keeping /Adaptive Cruise. I say that because I still keep at least one hand resting on the steering wheel. I'm not in a TV commercial clapping my hands to Queen, if you know what I mean. 🤣🤣🤣

And I also gotta admit that the Lane Keeping nanny is less irritating than the Bluecruise nanny. Not to mention Bluecruise removes my tachometer from the cockpit!
What was Ford thinking? Lol

So congratulations on the beautiful new truck. I'd be more concerned with getting the truck fully updated with FDRS. A 2021 truck runs better and shifts better and just generally is more polished now than it was the day it was first driven off the lot. IF, and it's a big if, it is fully up to date.

Few are, by the way. And the ones that are didn't get that way by accident.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here's your truck (sweet truck)

Ford F-150 Hello New to me 2021 Powerboost Lariat Screenshot_20220528-083815_OneDrive

And here are all the updates that your truck is eagerly waiting for. Lol

Ford F-150 Hello New to me 2021 Powerboost Lariat hardrivn.PNG

OP
OP

hardrivn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid
How do you get the truck to download the updates? I connected to my wifi and checked for updates in settings and it said no updates available.

Screenshot_20220528-083815_OneDrive.jpg

hardrivn.PNG

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Some of those have to be done at the dealer.

Going back to your Blue Cruise comment, you do in fact have CoPilot 2.0 Assist, which is not BlueCruise capable.

You would need CoPilot 2.0 Active (or Active Prep) for that feature.

Ford isn't clear with their naming conventions.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just FYI, WiFi has nothing to do with OTA updates. It might sometime in the future, but currently OTA updates are only delivered trough the Telematics Control Module which is a cellular connection with the Ford cloud/server.

Ok, when your APIM module (Sync4) states no "updates available", that simply means that Ford doesn't have your VIN queued up currently to receive any of the updates that were listed in that screenshot above via OTA. But your VIN does have those updates available regardless.

To apply those updates directly, without waiting for OTA delivery, you would either have the dealership do it with FDRS (Ford Diagnostic & Repair Software) or you could purchase the ODB device and use FDRS yourself.

Or you can just wait. Perhaps someday soon Ford will have OTA working properly and all the 2021 F150's will be uptodate.

Many of us on the forum got tired of waiting and there's now a community of 2021 fellas that have enabled all the latest features and improvements to our trucks.

But for now? Enjoy your sweet new ride and take your time exploring the details behind these claims. :)

OP
OP

hardrivn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid

Screenshot_20220528-083815_OneDrive.jpg

hardrivn.PNG
How and where do you run that report based on my VIN? just had it at the dealer so curious how many of these they completed.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How and where do you run that report based on my VIN? just had it at the dealer so curious how many of these they completed.
Thanks to a couple of fellas on this forum, that had the dogged determination to address the OTA snafu on their trucks, many other owners decided to follow their efforts.

In short, we purchased our own Motorcraft license to the same software that the dealership uses to diagnose and repair/update the various modules onboard. The image you referred to in your question is a view of a specific VIN in that software program. (FDRS)

There's a huge thread regarding FDRS and is now the defacto "How To" for addressing these issues yourself and avoiding the dealership altogether.
Sponsored