Hello from the great white north!

papa.charlie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat SCrew F-150 PB FX4
Got a build date from the dealer yesterday here in Ontario- March 15th.

For those also waiting here’s my timeline so far:
Oct 30th Order Date
Jan 18th VIN Assigned
Feb 1st Build Date Assigned

Total time from order to build looking like 4.5 months. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Got a build date from the dealer yesterday here in Ontario- March 15th.

For those also waiting here’s my timeline so far:
Oct 30th Order Date
Jan 18th VIN Assigned
Feb 1st Build Date Assigned

Total time from order to build looking like 4.5 months. :rolleyes:
You went from a Feb 1st build date to March 15th? Yikes
I'm in the same waiting boat. Ordered mid Sept with a supposedly build date this week. For me, it is difficult to get any info from the dealer as they say their system does not show stuff and they are not great at returning calls. I just don't get it. A little customer service would go along way you would think.

papa.charlie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat SCrew F-150 PB FX4
You went from a Feb 1st build date to March 15th? Yikes
I'm in the same waiting boat. Ordered mid Sept with a supposedly build date this week. For me, it is difficult to get any info from the dealer as they say their system does not show stuff and they are not great at returning calls. I just don't get it. A little customer service would go along way you would think.
No, sorry, should have been more clear- build date was only provided/assigned on Feb 1st.

I totally agree on the info from the dealer. I need to call every 2-3 weeks to get an update. Which has generally been "nothing but we'll let you know as soon as that changes :)". I get the sense that once the deal is all but done it's on to the next. Sadly, it seems to be a common thread at almost any manufacturer/dealer I've dealt with.

Last edited:

Expowerguy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Hi Everyone from Vernon, BC

Ordered an XLT Supercrew, 6.5' box and 3.5 ecoboost w/Max Tow in Rapid Red last December 14.
Have a VIN code and a build date of 02/22. No window sticker yet.

Had to chase up the dealer to get the VIN code. Not great communication from the dealer.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Hi Everyone from Vernon, BC

Ordered an XLT Supercrew, 6.5' box and 3.5 ecoboost w/Max Tow in Rapid Red last December 14.
Have a VIN code and a build date of 02/22. No window sticker yet.

Had to chase up the dealer to get the VIN code. Not great communication from the dealer.
Congrats on the truck. It seems that most dealers are trained the same. My guy is very slow in responding, sometimes doesn't and never calls unless I call him first.

Sponsored

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager
SO finally got an answer from my dealer that "What is holding up your order the most is the interior work surface. There is a high commodity control on that part and only a small percentage of all trucks (15%) are allowed to get it."

So apparently the work surface is delaying everything and if I want to drop that option my truck will get built sooner.

This my current build specs.

• Agate Black F150 4x4 - Supercrew XLT - 145" WB V6 3.5L Ecoboost
  • 302A – High
  • XLT Sport Appearance Package
  • Fx4 Off-Road Package
  • Electronic 10 Speed Automatic
  • 6" Extended Dark Grey Accent Running Board
  • Ford Co-pilot360 Assist 2.0
  • 360 Degree Camera
  • Twin Panel Moonroof
  • Pro Power Onboard - 2 kW
  • Interior Work Surface
  • B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with HD Radio
  • Tailgate Step with Tailgate Lift Assist
  • 20" 6-Spoke Dark Alloy Painted Aluminum Wheel
  • Spray-In Bedliner
  • 275/55r20 OWL A/T (4)
  • LEVELING KIT
  • HARD TONNEU COVER
  • Floor Liner - Tray Style

Last edited:

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
SO finally got an answer from my dealer that "What is holding up your order the most is the interior work surface. There is a high commodity control on that part and only a small percentage of all trucks (15%) are allowed to get it."

So apparently the work surface is delaying everything and if I want to drop that option my truck will get built sooner.

This my current build specs.

• Agate Black F150 4x4 - Supercrew XLT - 145" WB V6 3.5L Ecoboost
  • 302A – High
  • XLT Sport Appearance Package
  • Fx4 Off-Road Package
  • Electronic 10 Speed Automatic
  • 6" Extended Dark Grey Accent Running Board
  • Ford Co-pilot360 Assist 2.0
  • 360 Degree Camera
  • Twin Panel Moonroof
  • Pro Power Onboard - 2 kW
  • Interior Work Surface
  • B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with HD Radio
  • Tailgate Step with Tailgate Lift Assist
  • 20" 6-Spoke Dark Alloy Painted Aluminum Wheel
  • Spray-In Bedliner
  • 275/55r20 OWL A/T (4)
  • LEVELING KIT
  • HARD TONNEU COVER
  • Floor Liner - Tray Style
That's a tough decision. If you decide to remove the Work Surface, you may want to consider removing the Spray-in Bedliner as well, as my dealer said that it's adding about 2 weeks to an order at the moment (I've seen others in this or another forum mention the same thing about the spray-in.) Then just have it done locally, and support someone closer to home in these hard times.

My truck is essentially a mirror of yours minus the B&O system, Pro-Power, and the work station. My hope is that the workstation will be something that can be added at the dealer level down the road. It seems like something that would be easily switched, as it's just the top cover of the console that would need swapping I think. Guess it depends on the locking mechanism. (Maybe someone that already has it can shed some light.) I'm having my spray in done locally.

Also, sounds like there is a chip shortage, so I would say, if you can get your truck before the slow down, it might be worth it, otherwise, if you are going to get slowed because of the chip anyways, then you might as well leave the work station on your order.

My order date was Jan 13, and it's in production as of yesterday, with the blind of Feb 11th. Just trying to give you as much info as possible for you to make a decision. Best of Luck. Either way, you'll get a truck you'll love.

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
There is a high commodity control on that part and only a small percentage of all trucks (15%) are allowed to get it.
Guess I’m one of the lucky ones; my truck finished production yesterday, complete with the work surface, max recline seats, and the spray in liner.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Guess I’m one of the lucky ones; my truck finished production yesterday, complete with the work surface, max recline seats, and the spray in liner.
[/QUOT

Lucky you. Wishing I had your luck with my build. Dropped the spray in liner and wheel wheel liners, both of which the dealer will have done when the truck arrives. But left the work surface on the order.

May I enquire when you placed your order.

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fuel Container
May I enquire when you placed your order.
Nov. 30th

I actually tried to remove the spray in liner and change the exterior colour on Jan 12th, but was told by my dealer that it was too late. I really wasn’t expecting the truck until spring or even summer.

Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Nov. 30th

I actually tried to remove the spray in liner and change the exterior colour on Jan 12th, but was told by my dealer that it was too late. I really wasn’t expecting the truck until spring or even summer.
Congrats on the truck. Mine is getting built today so I'm starting to wonder about ETA. What is your dealers thought on arrival date?

Expowerguy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I was told by my dealer that it would take about a week to get the spray in liner as the truck had to go offsite to get it done. He also predicted a delivery of 5 weeks after build. That puts me to the end of March. Crossed fingers.

HandsomeDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
My very sexy valentines day build just got pushed to the week of March 1st. Kansas plant. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Z4M roadster, 2019 Jetta, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Spoke with my dealer in the Montreal area today. Our truck was built last week. He said, based on their experience, we could expect delivery before end of February. Montreal does have large intermodal processing yard for new vehicles from the manufacturer.
Ford F-150 Hello from the great white north! DEBE758E-37A9-4F65-844B-581EC9F60378

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fuel Container
Congrats on the truck. Mine is getting built today so I'm starting to wonder about ETA. What is your dealers thought on arrival date?
My dealer said that I can expect about a month wait from the build date. The tracker is showing March 10th
Sponsored