First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Anyone know why I was able to pull up my truck with the VIN tracker before but now it just says can't retrieve this VIN?

Let it sit and load for a bit.
When I do that, I get the message as well (IN RED)
After a few seconds the page will load.
Sponsored

Dantracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Thanks Bryan, it's working again. Haha guess I went into panic mode there.

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Hey everyone. Happy to see you are all getting build dates. I put my order in on Jan 13th and got the VIN on Thursday. My dealer isn’t giving much info, I had to ask if there was a VIN. Doubt I’ll hear about production dates or anything. We need a Canadian dealer in here that can act as a source of info for us. Lol

Anyways, I’m not expecting a truck until late March or April anyways. But hey maybe they’ll surprise me. They seems to be picking up speed on production.

This will be my first F150, had a 2017 GMC Elevation that I sold 2 weeks ago 3 days after putting my order in. So I’m without a vehicle and sharing with my wife.

Ordered the XLT Supercrew with short bed and 4x4.

loaded it up with the 302A High, off-road, sport pack, and the 360 co-pilot Assist 2.0 (with adaptive cruise, etc). Then added the unnecessary moonroof for the wife, even though it’s my truck. Lol So then the deal was that I get to bump to the 20”wheels. Figured that was a fair trade. Lol

Now that I know we have a Canuck room, I’ll try and pop on more often.

Can’t wait to see all your rides and live through all of you until mine arrives.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Hey everyone. Happy to see you are all getting build dates. I put my order in on Jan 13th and got the VIN on Thursday. My dealer isn’t giving much info, I had to ask if there was a VIN. Doubt I’ll hear about production dates or anything. We need a Canadian dealer in here that can act as a source of info for us. Lol

Anyways, I’m not expecting a truck until late March or April anyways. But hey maybe they’ll surprise me. They seems to be picking up speed on production.

This will be my first F150, had a 2017 GMC Elevation that I sold 2 weeks ago 3 days after putting my order in. So I’m without a vehicle and sharing with my wife.

Ordered the XLT Supercrew with short bed and 4x4.

loaded it up with the 302A High, off-road, sport pack, and the 360 co-pilot Assist 2.0 (with adaptive cruise, etc). Then added the unnecessary moonroof for the wife, even though it’s my truck. Lol So then the deal was that I get to bump to the 20”wheels. Figured that was a fair trade. Lol

Now that I know we have a Canuck room, I’ll try and pop on more often.

Can’t wait to see all your rides and live through all of you until mine arrives.
In most cases, if your dealer has a VIN then more than likely they also have a build week.

papa.charlie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat SCrew F-150 PB FX4
In most cases, if your dealer has a VIN then more than likely they also have a build week.
Can anyone confirm this? I've had a VIN for three weeks but no build date or build week. The skeptic in me thinks the dealer is withholding it out of fear I'll walk on the deal because it's too far out. I'd like to grill them for a date if they'd indeed have one though.

Sponsored

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Z4M roadster, 2019 Jetta, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
We had a VIN for over a month before getting a build date

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
We had a VIN for over a month before getting a build date
That’s understandable, but did you have a build week? Seems that some have the build week (which can get moved) around the same time as the VIN. So that’s what we are wondering.

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Z4M roadster, 2019 Jetta, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
That’s understandable, but did you have a build week? Seems that some have the build week (which can get moved) around the same time as the VIN. So that’s what we are wondering.
Dealer called after a month from providing VIN to say build week of Jan 25, window sticker shows blend date of Jan 31.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
This is far from a typical year so there are a lot of exceptions from the norm. I believe the way it should happen and is what is most common is the dealer will receive a VIN and build week about two weeks out. About a week before the build, the window sticker is created with the blend date. Again, there are a lot of exceptions and I understand some have had VIN for a long period without a build date. The dealer is the best one to know what is going on with your truck and you would think would be happy to give the information.

Sponsored

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
This is far from a typical year so there are a lot of exceptions from the norm. I believe the way it should happen and is what is most common is the dealer will receive a VIN and build week about two weeks out. About a week before the build, the window sticker is created with the blend date. Again, there are a lot of exceptions and I understand some have had VIN for a long period without a build date. The dealer is the best one to know what is going on with your truck and you would think would be happy to give the information.
Thank you for breaking that down. Much appreciated!

I’m like some of the others, where I’m not trusting my dealership all that much since I had to contact them to get the VIN, so who knows how long they had it for. (probably not long at all, in all fairness, I just put the order in just under 3 weeks ago)

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager
Thank you for breaking that down. Much appreciated!

I’m like some of the others, where I’m not trusting my dealership all that much since I had to contact them to get the VIN, so who knows how long they had it for. (probably not long at all, in all fairness, I just put the order in just under 3 weeks ago)
I wish, I have had order in since Nov 21st and still no VIN or build date for my order. Keep hounding Dealer and all they say is no update. Getting really frustrated.

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
I wish, I have had order in since Nov 21st and still no VIN or build date for my order. Keep hounding Dealer and all they say is no update. Getting really frustrated.
That sucks. I can't imagine being in your shoes (and the many others in your boat). The key is the VIN. do you have a copy of the order summary? If not ask for a copy of the preview order summary. Then start pressing, because most at the very least you should have a VIN by now.

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
I also, forgot to update in here, but did in another thread. Someone hooked me up and checked my Status History, and found out that my truck production week is next week and the date has been set for the 11th.

@Gman73 That's the other thing you should ask for. Ask for a full screen shot of your status history. If they say no, threaten to leave (assuming you'd be okay with actually leaving.)

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager
I also, forgot to update in here, but did in another thread. Someone hooked me up and checked my Status History, and found out that my truck production week is next week and the date has been set for the 11th.

@Gman73 That's the other thing you should ask for. Ask for a full screen shot of your status history. If they say no, threaten to leave (assuming you'd be okay with actually leaving.)
Thanks I will, getting a little frustrated with the weekly email saying no update yet
Sponsored