Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Welcome aboard. My local DT always follows the pressures I tell them so not sure what others complain of. Never had a single issue that wasn't quickly fixed.
Sponsored

nrmedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost 302A; 2023 Tacoma TRD Pro
Love my local discount tire! Think I'm on my 6th or 7th set of tires in the last four years (numerous vehicles) and it's the only tire shop I'll go too. Fast, nice, and they go along way to retain customers.

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
Thank you for sponsoring... sites like this have costs so I'm glad I don't get the bill. I've had several tire sets over the years from DT and love the free balancing. Ford will rotate for oil changes but charge extra for balance.

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
Charged me $200 to mount and balance my tires because I didn't buy from them. RIPOFF!!!!!!!
Does that include lifetime rotation/balance/pressure checks/airups. What would the dealership (or another auto shop) charge you for rotation/balance? Multiply that number X 5 (assuming you drive 15,000 miles per year, and rotate every 3,000 miles). Then multiply that over 2 to 3 years.

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
Kudos to Discount Tire. Regardless of the few babies who are expecting everyone to read their mind when it comes to aftermarket tire pressure, I am a happy customer and will continue visiting and buying tires from you.

Sponsored

WestlakeHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 (on order)
When my wife shows up with our kid’s Lexus, nail in the tire, and the tire replacement warranty….. why do you try to sell her 4 new tires when the Lexus doesn’t need it. Just honor your stupid warranty and move on.

We will never buy tires from DT ever again.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
@Discount Tire thanks for the pm. Replied with all the info. Again, I have bought tires from your company for years along with the balance/rotate plan. Just the last experience left me pretty bummed. However I do thank you for being a sponsor and a part of the forum.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Got a nail right near sidewall on the truck not even 1k miles in, took it to discount (already knew it wasn't patch worthy). For $200 I got warranties on all my tires and that tire replaced. Just the replacement tire would have been ~$270.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
A big shout out for DT store TX11, they've been my go-to folks for anything tire related since they opened near me. Staff changes in the front office and the bays over the years but the service remains consistently great, both OE tire service and purchasing new tires.

No problem installing metal stems on new OE wheel/tire sets, no problem quickly installing Ford Accessory in-wheel TPMS on my RV wheels with OE tires, etc, etc, and IMO the price is always reasonable.

Respect a request to jack from the axle rather than the frame to avoid airbag stress, respect a request to not use air-tools on close-fitting inset lug-nuts, respect a request to inflate to a certain pressure, allow me to closely inspect brakes while they've got the wheels off, all accommodated with a smile, no worries!

Love my local Discount Tire!

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
Welcome to the site Discount Tire! Your local store to me is top notch! I'll be in the market for a set of 4 here shortly (Nitto Ridge Grapplers 305/55/R20).
whatcha get? ;) im looking at some 295/60/R20s myself.

thanks for being a part of the 14Gen forum. wish you guys could offer a small discount to us but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mouse51180

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
Occupation
Network Engineer
Thank you for becoming an official sponsor. Have never had any issues at my local store in Charlotte NC. Store NCC 03 on S.Tryon.

COG099

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4 Powerboost
My local Discount Tire is great. No issue with the psi they set my E rated tires at. I have had an issue with them losing the matching valve caps but I just take em off myself now.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Of course i do, no need to be snarky. But dude, not really. Simply switching tire brands but staying in the same size and ratings would not mean you need different pressures. Those door placard pressures are still your starting point and what the handling of the vehicle is based upon. You want to swap to a radically different tire, go for it (i often do). But then maybe don’t whine on a vendor’s new intro thread about their failure to customize inflation pressures to your whim of the day.
No, the new tire manufacture specs/ recomendation is the starting point.

The door sticker becomes meaninless once OEM tire is changed to anything else

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
No, the new tire manufacture specs/ recomendation is the starting point.

The door sticker becomes meaninless once OEM tire is changed to anything else
And putting a tire on a truck other than those specifically recommended by Ford will open another can of worms. Enjoy that if something happens and you have to deal with warranty claims and/or litigation.
Sponsored