Sponsored

Heavy Duty Payload Package for Powerstroke Diesel?

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
Did 2021 F150 PS ever come equipped with Heavy Duty Payload package?

Right now, it seems the current gooseneck max tow cap for diesel is ~8200 lbs (link) vs 12,100 lbs for bumper pull - which is quite low compared to gas engines equipped with HD payload package (bumper pull & gooseneck max tow cap is same). I was frankly a bit surprise of how big the drop is bumper pull vs gooseneck on the ecodiesel.

I am looking at diesels for towing because of it's torque and I would like to get a gooseneck car hauler/trailer.

Any advise/insight on this is appreciated.

-DK
Sponsored

Last edited:

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
No. Only 3.5 EB and 5.0.

Also it only came as high as XLT 301a Mid trim.

OP
OP
motivology

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
No. Only 3.5 EB and 5.0.

Also it only came as high as XLT 301a Mid trim.
Interesting, that is good to know. I wonder why restricted.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Buy a full size diesel that will provide the power and torque you want. I had a V-8 diesel that provided more than 700 lb ft of torque and when towing a 13,000 boat and traler it was a breeze accelerating to merge with traffic. With a lighter trailer I would go with the 3.5L ecoboost which is what I bought this year with ite 14,000 tow capacity.

A full size 5th wheel provides a more maneuverable tow vehicle and trailer combination but also greatly reduces space for camping an recreation gear. With a hitch pulled trailer the bed is available for bikes and firewood and pets and with a rack or a topper you have a place to put kayaks or a small boat. A travel trailer provides a lot more usable floor space than a 5th wheel trailer. I would also want the stronger frame that comes with a F-250 or F-350 truck.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Did 2021 F150 EcoDiesel ever come equipped with Heavy Duty Payload package?

Right now, it seems the current gooseneck max tow cap for diesel is ~8200 lbs (link) vs 12,100 lbs for bumper pull - which is quite low compared to gas engines equipped with HD payload package (bumper pull & gooseneck max tow cap is same). I was frankly a bit surprise of how big the drop is bumper pull vs gooseneck on the ecodiesel.

I am looking at diesels for towing because of it's torque and I would like to get a gooseneck car hauler/trailer.

Any advise/insight on this is appreciated.

-DK
FYI, Ram has the Ecodiesel in their 1500 lineup. Ford HAD the small Powerstroke in the F-150. It's gone the way of the Dodo. Those motors focus more on fuel efficiency than power. I'd go with the V8 or Eco 3.5 HDPP like you said.