Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Side note, I have heard the bolt holding the wheel on should take a Torx t50, but when looking at mine last night my t50 bit was quite loose in there. Is it actually a Torx plus tp50?
Sponsored

Ricsan

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
The circled connector is for the wheel heat, so yes, it is a heated wheel

5E1B40E2-C7D7-4B11-B1D4-494DA7D65E96.jpeg

Also of note, there appears to be a difference in the SCCM on the raptor vs other trims. Make sure you verify that whatever SCCM you end up with also supports the control on the raptor wheel, unless you plan to swap the controls
Thats correct, based on what I experienced on my 23 Raptor, the SCCM P/N that everybody is using (ML3Z-3F791-BB) won't recognize the Raptor steering wheel buttons but seems to work well with all other variations. I ended buying the Raptor specific SCCM (ML3Z-3F791-HB) and worked perfectly.

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT Sport 302A 2.7L Space white
The circled connector is for the wheel heat, so yes, it is a heated wheel

5E1B40E2-C7D7-4B11-B1D4-494DA7D65E96.jpeg

Also of note, there appears to be a difference in the SCCM on the raptor vs other trims. Make sure you verify that whatever SCCM you end up with also supports the control on the raptor wheel, unless you plan to swap the controls
That makes sense, I plan on switching the controls over from my stock wheel. Anyone know what the steering wheel button is on the raptor controls. Circled it in red below.
Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information 3082DD82-A606-4D24-8E4D-254B6E930828

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
That makes sense, I plan on switching the controls over from my stock wheel. Anyone know what the steering wheel button is on the raptor controls. Circled it in red below.
3082DD82-A606-4D24-8E4D-254B6E930828.jpeg
I believe it’s a drive mode or steering mode button which does not apply to an XLT

BGoodwin22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Super Duty
Finally got the heated steering wheel delivered so I was able to add the final piece to the puzzle.

IMG_9900.jpeg

IMG_9901.jpeg

This is the run down on what I had to do to get this to work for my23 Lariat 502.

1. Bought HVAC control with heated steering wheel button and loaded As built file to it
2. Added SCCM and loaded as built file to it
3. Added heated steering wheel
4. Went in and only had to change one value to enable the heated steering wheel:
IMG_9931.jpeg
. Everything else was already correct with my as built files. I also noticed the value for auto timeout for the heat was already set to no timeout.
@Braeden Do you happen to have the p/n for the steering wheel you purchased?

Sponsored

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT Sport 302A 2.7L Space white
I’m deciding between purchasing the HB SCCM vs the BB SCCM.

Raptor wheel going into a XLT. I would like the paddle shifters to be operable but don’t mind changing out the left and right buttons from my stock wheel so I don’t have any dead buttons.
Can anyone confirm if HB is absolutely needed for the paddle shifters?
Thanks

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
@Braeden Do you happen to have the p/n for the steering wheel you purchased?
Here you go ML3Z-3600-RA. Got it from Valley Ford of Huron. Cheapest I found online at the time.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
I’m deciding between purchasing the HB SCCM vs the BB SCCM.

Raptor wheel going into a XLT. I would like the paddle shifters to be operable but don’t mind changing out the left and right buttons from my stock wheel so I don’t have any dead buttons.
Can anyone confirm if HB is absolutely needed for the paddle shifters?
Thanks
Paddle shifters do not need the HB to work, but you will likely need to add 3 wires to the harness on the right side of the steering wheel. There is a write up on this forum on how to do that

angrycookieman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150. Atlas blue sport fx4 xlt 302a 3.5
This may be a dumb question but I have a 2022 501A Lariat I checked my BCM connector and port 15 is empty obviously but my question is when I run the power wire into it do I just run it unsheathed into port 15 will a plastic tab grab the wire? Or is there a metal pin that can fit in there that I can attach to the wire to properly click into the BCM connector like the other wires or is just sticking the unsheathed wire into the port work ?

EDIT see a post from an older F150 heated steering wheel install from boostedgrey this is the pin Im talking about.
Screenshot 2023-01-12 231950.jpg

Thanks!
I have the same question… have everything but the correct pin to insert in position 15. Tried one I found posted somewhere, but would not work. Don’t really want to use a fuse tap. Temped it into cigarette lighter plug to get everything working but want to finish it right. I also have a crimper, so I don’t mind crimping one onto my own wire or buying the already crimped version. Just need to know what to get. Thanks!

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 platinum 701a on order
If anyone needs the harness from BGG. Let me know. I can send it to someone since I have no use for it.

Edit 03-21-23: Harness has been spoken for/taken.

Last edited:

Sponsored

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Got everything wrapped up last night, and all tested and working correctly. Then at 5:10am Ford Pass sends me a notification for Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning, stating that the restraints control module has detected a fault with the driver airbag circuit.

Anyone seen this after doing this swap?

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
I would pull the airbag again, check the connections and make sure that no wires got pinched during reassembly.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
I would pull the airbag again, check the connections and make sure that no wires got pinched during reassembly.
Checked; all good. And indicator lamp is NOT lit now. I am starting to think that this was a super delayed message thru Ford Pass. Yesterday I started on the project and then something came up where I had to put things back together and drive the truck. I didnt connect the main harness in the steering wheel to the SCCM (but I did connect the airbag connectors). Later in the evening I got around to doing the swap. During that drive obviously none of the steering wheel buttons worked, and the airbag lamp was lit.

xlover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor 37
If anyone needs the harness from BGG. Let me know. I can send it to someone since I have no use for it.
+1 on this, did my raptor swap Friday with the BGG kit but had the factory harnesses already in place.

angrycookieman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150. Atlas blue sport fx4 xlt 302a 3.5
+1 on this, did my raptor swap Friday with the BGG kit but had the factory harnesses already in place.
I guess I would be interested depending on cost, haven’t found the correct pin yet
Sponsored