First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe others can chime in here. Did you make all of these changes at once then cycle the ignition off and on? Or did you cycle off and on after each one line of block change? I have heard doing it all at once, it might not actually take to it.

I have yet to make the true heated wheel changes. But did the LCD climate control with the heated button. Loaded my as built on there. Then did the SCCM as built. One at a time.

I wonder if you try to put your as built to the HVAC and only your as built. Make no changes. Then do the same for the SCCM. Also for the APIM. Do you get your functionality back then? If so, then it’s gotta be something in one of the lines not being changed or being changed incorrectly.
Thanks for the idea, will try it for sure, redoing everything back from the OEM as build.
Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Hi guys, need some guidance.

I have a 23 Raptor and wanted to add the heated steering wheel function. I bought a new HVAC module with the digital temperature indicator and the heated steering wheel button, I installed, uploaded the as build and made the changes to add the heated functionality, all good. Then I installed the new column housing and clock spring (Ordered PN - ML3Z-3F791-BB, the individual clock spring PN is ML3T-14A664-A and the column housing PN is PL3T-14B522-JAW), uploaded the previous as build SCCM and made the changes to add heated steering wheel and also updated the APIM. Now, the heated steering function is working but the left and right buttons in the steer wheel are not working.

Could any of you guys give me some guidance on what I may be missing? It seems like the SCCM is not recognizing the left and right buttons.
I was kinda afraid of this as this might mean that raptors have a different SCCM due to different buttons on the steering wheel. They have more buttons as you know than a normal F150 so then most likely take different hardware/part number. When you try to load the raptor switch configs to the basic SCCM, it doesn't now what those next level up options are. No different than when I tried to make my raptor steering wheel buttons work with my basic SCCM. I know someone a while back someone asked about adding it to a raptor and I suggested the raptor spec SCCM.

Did your original SCCM come with heated wheel connector pins on the backside at all? Or was both the front and backside HSW connectors empty?

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
Will be attempting the install this week. Nobody gave the wire gauge length they used, I'll buy extra. The connector harnesses I bought for the BCM and Clockspring are different, the wire I buy may be a 3rd gauge.

I tried to find the HVAC module removal instructions, but couldn't. Does anybody have them? I don't want to take extra trim pieces out and risk snapping or scratching if not needed. Thanks.

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
Will be attempting the install this week. Nobody gave the wire gauge length they used, I'll buy extra. The connector harnesses I bought for the BCM and Clockspring are different, the wire I buy may be a 3rd gauge.

I tried to find the HVAC module removal instructions, but couldn't. Does anybody have them? I don't want to take extra trim pieces out and risk snapping or scratching if not needed. Thanks.

Here you go.

Attachments

• 1.3 MB Views: 131

Ricsan

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I was kinda afraid of this as this might mean that raptors have a different SCCM due to different buttons on the steering wheel. They have more buttons as you know than a normal F150 so then most likely take different hardware/part number. When you try to load the raptor switch configs to the basic SCCM, it doesn't now what those next level up options are. No different than when I tried to make my raptor steering wheel buttons work with my basic SCCM. I know someone a while back someone asked about adding it to a raptor and I suggested the raptor spec SCCM.

Did your original SCCM come with heated wheel connector pins on the backside at all? Or was both the front and backside HSW connectors empty?
As others reported, my SCCM and clock spring came without the heated steering wheel connector pins.
You have a good point, it would make sense the Raptor has a specific SCCM as it has some specific buttons (i.e the R option, suspension, exhaust and steering setup). It seems like the SCCM that I bought (ML3Z-3F791-BB) is compatible to all other trucks trims but the Raptor. I think in the end I will need to buy a new SCCM but the question is, whats the correct PN for my 23 Raptor.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A

18ga wire, roughly 6-7ft. I pinned the SCCM connector, ran it and then cut it to length before adding the terminal so I don’t know the exact length I used

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker

Pre-made and ready to go. DM if interested.

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information IMG_4473

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
Do you need the wiring harness even if you buy the correct SCCM and clock spring?

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
Do you need the wiring harness even if you buy the correct SCCM and clock spring?
I don’t think you do unless you’re adding the heated wheel to a trim level that never had it, like XL, XLT or Lariat 501. If it was just a delete on your truck, you *should have all the wiring.

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think so. I bought only the clockspring not entire assembly.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
The harness connects the SCCM to the BCM, so unless you have the harness already installed from the factory, you will need it

scho7623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
I don’t think you do unless you’re adding the heated wheel to a trim level that never had it, like XL, XLT or Lariat 501. If it was just a delete on your truck, you *should have all the wiring.
Isn't Lariat 501A also supposed to have the heated steering wheel and it's just deleted for the chip shortage?

scho7623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
I interpreted this steering wheel heat removal order guide affects both 501A and 502A equipment group. I thought any Lariat trim regardless of the equipment group was supposed to have the heated steering wheel if the chip shortage wasn't the issue. Am I understanding this wrong?

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 12.06.16 PM

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think 502A is needed. Thats why i didn't get get it from factory. Have to get higher trim, not just the option.
Sponsored