Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 platinum 701a on order
they’re both OEM new parts. Is that the issue? And if so, does that require FDRS? My tech verified the as built matches except for the adjustment for HSW
Process is basically.
Install new parts. Program SCCM and HVAC modules to as built. Then reprogram to have the HSW elements added in appropriately. You'll lose functionality of the HVAC and SCCM if you don't do that in order.
Sponsored

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
So I got the airbag out on my23. I don’t think my steering wheel has the heated element. There is no cable plugged into the dummy port on this side:
Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information 976AE64C-2AE9-4E94-B44E-F38687EA0369

my non heated wheel part #
Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information 4C826CD3-85F7-49F9-876C-748FC1CB2CE0

Here is one that does have that connector
Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information 382D3685-5434-44F1-9BCC-7DC93BBA7365

However on the back side of the SCCM there is a cable plugged into the dummy port.

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information 589B68C1-F8B3-42AA-AA8F-3C20D5A69BB2

Last edited:

Sponsored

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What trim level?
Lariat 502A.

I went ahead and replaced the SCCM/Clockspring assembly so that would be out of the way. Now when the new wheel comes in I just gotta unbolt it and bolt the new one in (and plug heated connector in). Kinda glad when you order the steering wheel bolt it comes in a pack of 4. So I was able to ”waste” one.

Ricsan

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I would look at the software versions of both the HVAC and SCCM modules, as I would bet they needed updated to play nice with everything in your 23, especially if they came out of a 21 truck.
How can you verify the software version?

Ricsan

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Hi guys, need some guidance.

I have a 23 Raptor and wanted to add the heated steering wheel function. I bought a new HVAC module with the digital temperature indicator and the heated steering wheel button, I installed, uploaded the as build and made the changes to add the heated functionality, all good. Then I installed the new column housing and clock spring (Ordered PN - ML3Z-3F791-BB, the individual clock spring PN is ML3T-14A664-A and the column housing PN is PL3T-14B522-JAW), uploaded the previous as build SCCM and made the changes to add heated steering wheel and also updated the APIM. Now, the heated steering function is working but the left and right buttons in the steer wheel are not working.

Could any of you guys give me some guidance on what I may be missing? It seems like the SCCM is not recognizing the left and right buttons.

scho7623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
So I got the airbag out on my23. I don’t think my steering wheel has the heated element. There is no cable plugged into the dummy port on this side:
976AE64C-2AE9-4E94-B44E-F38687EA0369.jpeg

Here is one that does have that connector
382D3685-5434-44F1-9BCC-7DC93BBA7365.jpeg

However on the back side of the SCCM there is a cable plugged into the dummy port.

589B68C1-F8B3-42AA-AA8F-3C20D5A69BB2.jpeg
Oh man, that sucks... I'm waiting for 23 Lariat PB as well, and I was really hoping to have the heated steering wheel... :(

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh man, that sucks... I'm waiting for 23 Lariat PB as well, and I was really hoping to have the heated steering wheel... :(
You might have it! I was an early build. Went into production in October. By now I’d think they would be putting heated wheels back in minus the SCCM. Good news is, a new heated wheel isn’t that expensive. I was surprised.

Sponsored

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi guys, need some guidance.

I have a 23 Raptor and wanted to add the heated steering wheel function. I bought a new HVAC module with the digital temperature indicator and the heated steering wheel button, I installed, uploaded the as build and made the changes to add the heated functionality, all good. Then I installed the new column housing and clock spring (Ordered PN - ML3Z-3F791-BB, the individual clock spring PN is ML3T-14A664-A and the column housing PN is PL3T-14B522-JAW), uploaded the previous as build SCCM and made the changes to add heated steering wheel and also updated the APIM. Now, the heated steering function is working but the left and right buttons in the steer wheel are not working.

Could any of you guys give me some guidance on what I may be missing? It seems like the SCCM is not recognizing the left and right buttons.
I just had this issue today. I put it all back together but the left buttons were not working. The right however worked. It then dawned on me I didn’t load my AS built SCCM file. I went and loaded it and then wrote it. Left buttons started working.

I just wonder if your original SCCM as built didn’t load properly or something.

scho7623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
You might have it! I was an early build. Went into production in October. By now I’d think they would be putting heated wheels back in minus the SCCM. Good news is, a new heated wheel isn’t that expensive. I was surprised.
Thanks for the good vibe. I really hope so! Worst case, I'll just buy the heated wheel. Good to know that it's not that expensive! Let us know how your mod is going! Thanks for sharing your updates.

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the good vibe. I really hope so! Worst case, I'll just buy the heated wheel. Good to know that it's not that expensive! Let us know how your mod is going! Thanks for sharing your updates.
Will do! Should have heated wheel here Tuesday and then it’s just an unbolt and bolt back. I already have the lcd climate control with the heated wheel button.

Ricsan

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I just had this issue today. I put it all back together but the left buttons were not working. The right however worked. It then dawned on me I didn’t load my AS built SCCM file. I went and loaded it and then wrote it. Left buttons started working.

I just wonder if your original SCCM as built didn’t load properly or something.
Thanks Braeden, I have redone a couple times, no error message at all and it seems it loaded fine. Forscan is saying the left and right buttons were not recognized and the button configuration line (724-03-01) does not have my as build option for 724-03-01-X4X2-XXX in the Forscan spreadsheet as my as build setup.

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks Braeden, I have redone a couple times, no error message at all and it seems it loaded fine. Forscan is saying the left and right buttons were not recognized and the button configuration line (724-03-01) does not have my as build option for 724-03-01-X4X2-XXX in the Forscan spreadsheet as my as build setup.
Maybe others can chime in here. Did you make all of these changes at once then cycle the ignition off and on? Or did you cycle off and on after each one line of block change? I have heard doing it all at once, it might not actually take to it.

I have yet to make the true heated wheel changes. But did the LCD climate control with the heated button. Loaded my as built on there. Then did the SCCM as built. One at a time.

I wonder if you try to put your as built to the HVAC and only your as built. Make no changes. Then do the same for the SCCM. Also for the APIM. Do you get your functionality back then? If so, then it’s gotta be something in one of the lines not being changed or being changed incorrectly.
Sponsored