Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information

evoslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL RCSB 5.0
Looks like all the parts are on back order now, both the SCCM and the AC controls.
Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Might be your lucky day as I
ordered two.....one part number from Tasca and another part number through another vendor and expecting to receive the second one next week. If it the second one is the same you can buy it from me if you are still looking.
Lucky you, thanks, I'll let someone else have it if they want it, I've been getting along just fine without it as I rarely turn mine off right now, plus I have a 21 with the readouts already so I'm not gaining much really.

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
Who knows the right version of forscan for the 23’s to down load. And the procedure to programming a new hvac to work with the heated steering wheel? I have a brand new hvac. And clock spring (coming) want to program everything so they work properly. Thanks.
Where did you order the clockspring?

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
A friend of mine had one. But I still haven’t had anyone ansawer my question on the forscan

Sponsored

PBJelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150pb plat
Who knows the right version of forscan for the 23’s to down load. And the procedure to programming a new hvac to work with the heated steering wheel? I have a brand new hvac. And clock spring (coming) want to program everything so they work properly. Thanks.
The 23 isn't officially supported yet. I got a "Unable to identify the vehicle. Please contact developers" error. However, I emailed the dev with my forscan logs and I was sent back a test version that works just fine.

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
A friend of mine had one. But I still haven’t had anyone ansawer my question on the forscan
Yeah Iam already on that thread. Sucks I hope this foreskin thing gets sorted out soon enough cause I want to make some changes and I have my clock spring and the new hvac. Is it just the heated steering wheel you can’t use with foreskin on the 23s or is it everything?
With the 23's, you cant program anything in Forscan if it wont connect. Best way around this is to purchase a license, and then when it wont connect to your vehicle, you email the developers your error log and they might get you a working beta version.

As for how to program the HVAC and SCCM modules, have you used Forscan before? You need to write your as-built values to the new modules, and also adjust for the heated steering wheel. You can either click load as-built in Forscan and then adjust the few lines you need to for the heated steering wheel, or you can just manually write all of them. There are hundreds of YouTube videos showing how to do this, you just need to determine which values you need, and you should be able to figure that out by reviewing the Forscan spreadsheet.

DcnPat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
IT
Looks like all the parts are on back order now, both the SCCM and the AC controls.
HVAC Controls are available on ebay.

Y'all are a bad influence. Ebay seller just sent me a shipping notice. Wonder what shows up first, my truck or the HVAC control.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5

Y'all are a bad influence. Ebay seller just sent me a shipping notice. Wonder what shows up first, my truck or the HVAC control.
HVAC control. I have had mine sitting since early Dec.

Sponsored

evoslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL RCSB 5.0

Yes but not for $103 like they are from Ford dealers.

DcnPat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
IT
Yes but not for $103 like they are from Ford dealers.
My HVAC control order was $113.85 (including tax & shipping) from the ebay seller graceautoparts. I put it in my ebay watched list and a day or so later I got an offer from the seller for $107.41.

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
Still waiting for SCCM on national backordr since Dec. The other parts are here. Maybe I get to use the wheel this year 😂 it’s cold in Germany till May.

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
With the 23's, you cant program anything in Forscan if it wont connect. Best way around this is to purchase a license, and then when it wont connect to your vehicle, you email the developers your error log and they might get you a working beta version.

As for how to program the HVAC and SCCM modules, have you used Forscan before? You need to write your as-built values to the new modules, and also adjust for the heated steering wheel. You can either click load as-built in Forscan and then adjust the few lines you need to for the heated steering wheel, or you can just manually write all of them. There are hundreds of YouTube videos showing how to do this, you just need to determine which values you need, and you should be able to figure that out by reviewing the Forscan spreadsheet.
Iv used forscan before but it’s been a while a while. How are use it on my 17 F150. But I never had to program an HVAC before if you could DM me and I could talk to you more about it later that would be great. Because it would be nice to have somebody that I could talk to when I need when I attempt to do this. I have the clock spring and I have the HVAC I just need a time to put them in. I may have the time just to put the clock spring in this weekend.
Sponsored