Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Nice! Looks like they are using up old stock; I'll grab one before they move on to the 19980s.
I think the case here really is that one part number that everyone sees and eBayer use is the one on a large label, which isn't necessarily the number for the whole assembly. Each piece would have its own part number, and some are more prominently displayed that others.

I believe the 18C612 number is for the core electronic section, and the 19980 number is for the whole assembly.

I mean, if you search one you get eBay listings and no oem suppliers; search the other and you get all Ford parts warehouses.

Plus on the back plastic you can see both 19980 and 18C612 molded right next to each other, so it's not like the numbers are separate from one another.

I think they have to keep making this part because to switch to the other style you would need to make configuration changes to the APIM for the temp readouts on 21s, which would make this a dealer-only service, if they are even able to make configuration changes and not just load As-Builts? Dealers don't use FORscan, and they are not in the business of making modifications, just repairing.
Sponsored

Moe7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
That's good to know; I can't imagine they'll discontinue the part either, for the reasons you mentioned.

I thought I was slick and ordered a "-BE" version off LKQ that was sourced from and showed pictures of a high trim Lariat (would be a -DE, that I need); figured it'd be nice to have the initial configuration done and avoid the DTC.

Come to find out, they actually did send me a -BE.. At least there was a local storefront to avoid return shipping.

poomobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I installed my steering wheel and Sccm and new hvac controls today. Everything works great except I have no heated seats anymore for some reason. The indicator lights work on the hvac control but no heat. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I ran the power wire to the location in picture below. Could I have knocked a heated seat wire loose? Is it in that same connector or is likely a forscan hvac programming issue? I’m stumped.

D72B7838-6D95-4C9C-A113-3397D98F7DB9.png
So I removed the hvac controls that I put in and put my old one back and the seats started to work again. I just went with the soft button on th screen. I’m not sure if the hvac control I bought was defective or not. I set it up properly in Forscsn and everything worked but the heated seats. Oh well.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
So I removed the hvac controls that I put in and put my old one back and the seats started to work again. I just went with the soft button on th screen. I’m not sure if the hvac control I bought was defective or not. I set it up properly in Forscsn and everything worked but the heated seats. Oh well.
What is the programming to have the soft button on the screen, and can you do both (HVAC with hard button and soft button on screen)?

jpsmitty16

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My guess is you got a faulty hvac control. Exactly why it is an aftermarket part

Sponsored

poomobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
What is the programming to have the soft button on the screen, and can you do both (HVAC with hard button and soft button on screen)?
You can do both. The programming for forscan is a few pages back

Iceman2022

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Controls Engineer
When I got my clockspring I thought something was wrong with the hardware because the left steering wheel controls didn't work anymore. It turned out all I had to do was flash the module with my original as built data and everything worked as it should.

Iceman2022

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Forgive me this is my first post in the forum and I have no idea how it works chronologically. I will be referencing conversations 10 pages back, lol. I have successfully installed a heated steering wheel in my XLT 302A this week. I read through this post like 100 times before I did it. There is more than enough info here to make it happen, but I did buy the kit from Boosted Grey Goose. The instructions they provide are awesome, but I was too impatient to wait for them to arrive before I tore my truck apart. The video @superfordman made was awesome. I bought the HVAC module from BGG but I’m not going to install it until I’m ready to do cooled seats. I originally switched the vehicle in the APIM to a super duty like @Jesse-Infotainment figured out but today found out that you can just enable the unreal theme and climate controls bar at the bottom, which I like better because it’s always right there and you don’t have to search for the card. And of course, thanks to @Livinitup for his amazing spreadsheet and the post about the climate bar in the unreal theme that I overlooked the first 100 times I read it.

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
Does anyone know if you can program the APIM to have the heated wheel button come up on the 8” screen in an stx?

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
I installed my steering wheel and Sccm and new hvac controls today. Everything works great except I have no heated seats anymore for some reason. The indicator lights work on the hvac control but no heat. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I ran the power wire to the location in picture below. Could I have knocked a heated seat wire loose? Is it in that same connector or is likely a forscan hvac programming issue? I’m stumped.

D72B7838-6D95-4C9C-A113-3397D98F7DB9.png
Did you load your as built to the hvac module?

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
yes I did. I spent hours trying to get it to work. It was a nightmare
Well if you wanted to try another module, in case the one was bad, at least you know you can get it for 1/3 to 1/4 the price they were selling at over the summer lol

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Does anyone know if you can program the APIM to have the heated wheel button come up on the 8” screen in an stx?
You should be able to if I'm correct. The 8" screen has the dedicated climate page that can be enabled like on the older trucks and then you can trigger it from there.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You can.. But it sucks. When its enabled the phone overlaps it and I dont even know you can access it. Also it is only available on the home screen. So I cant say for sure how well it works but it is possible

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
Thanks for the replies guys!
Sponsored