Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information

rkrichter

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Avalanche F-150 Tremor 402a
Any MY23 Tremor 402a users on here open up their steering wheel yet to see what we have going on in there? I am not at all handy/'car guy' so I'm not cracking mine open haha. But it would be nice to know.

Also, and this might be sacrilegious on here, but is there any chance a Ford dealership would do this work? Are you all doing it yourself to save money and/or is Ford just not offering to do these changes? Because as I already said, I am not qualified to do this change myself haha. But I am very much interested in having a HSW. I'm sure my wife would like that too so I would stop crying about it. At the time I wanted the Avalanche color more than a HSW so I went with a MY23... now I'm realizing how much I miss the HSW (I've had one since 2011).
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
is there a version for those of us without power tilt?
It’s the same SCCM. By default, an SCCM with powered tilt/tele also has HSW. The controls are easy to remove. It s a single screw. And as long as you do not make any forscan changes specific to the powered tilt/tele, you will have no issues and you wouldn’t even know that SCCM was made for powered controls

gfl22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
It’s the same SCCM. By default, an SCCM with powered tilt/tele also has HSW. The controls are easy to remove. It s a single screw. And as long as you do not make any forscan changes specific to the powered tilt/tele, you will have no issues and you wouldn’t even know that SCCM was made for powered controls
i guess i was thinking more about availability

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
i guess i was thinking more about availability
Ah… no. There’s apparently 4 SCCM’s. Ones with no HSW or powered tilt/tele, ones with HSW and powered tilt tele, ones with HSW powered tilt/tele AND active steering, and then raptor SCCM. There may be more, but that’s what I know of

Sponsored

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
Ah… no. There’s apparently 4 SCCM’s. Ones with no HSW or powered tilt/tele, ones with HSW and powered tilt tele, ones with HSW powered tilt/tele AND active steering, and then raptor SCCM. There may be more, but that’s what I know of
What is meant by active steering?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
What is meant by active steering?
Ford uses the term active and adaptive steering interchangeably, which is a bit confusing, but the active steering is where the steering system changes turning ratios based on vehicle speed, I believe it is an option on platinums and standard on limited. I do not believe it is available on any other trim.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Where have you seen this, and what are the different part numbers?

gfl22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
ok, mine had the heated wheel delete, and no power tilt/tele , if i'm understanding correctly, they also deleted the power tilt/tele in the process. ,

it looks like there is an A version, was hoping that would be for the manual tilt/tele, but afraid to gamble on it.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Where have you seen this, and what are the different part numbers?
I don’t know part numbers, the raptor and HSW SCCM’s have been listed in this thread. No one has cared about the “base” SCCM so the part number has not been listed. The active steering SCCM is VERY OBVIOUS that it’s a different part, the overall shape is different

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
ok, mine had the heated wheel delete, and no power tilt/tele , if i'm understanding correctly, they also deleted the power tilt/tele in the process.
What trim level is your truck?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
you are right sir, after looking at my sticker, im a 501a , which apparently doesn't come with either heated wheel, or tilt/tele
That’s what I have also, a 501A. I added both of those to my truck. I now have a “502A”

Last edited:

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
Ford uses the term active and adaptive steering interchangeably, which is a bit confusing, but the active steering is where the steering system changes turning ratios based on vehicle speed, I believe it is an option on platinums and standard on limited. I do not believe it is available on any other trim.
Thank you, and that makes sense now.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
I don’t know part numbers, the raptor and HSW SCCM’s have been listed in this thread. No one has cared about the “base” SCCM so the part number has not been listed. The active steering SCCM is VERY OBVIOUS that it’s a different part, the overall shape is different
I have the BB SCCM part, but I also have the power tilt. Havent gotten around to doing this yet, but I was assuming that I would just swap that power tilt button over to the new SCCM. Am I wrong?
Sponsored