First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
are we 100% sure this is the part number because I put it in for Teske and they say it won’t fit the current model.
Guess you could try this one.....

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information 1673286850702
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
are we 100% sure this is the part number because I put it in for Teske and they say it won’t fit the current model.
It makes a difference if you do or do not have active steering as well

FordPrefect

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Platinum PB, R1200RT, Fuell Flluid
We're pretty much assured that no '23 model F-150 has active/adaptive steering. At least, Ford would not let me order it. The platinum 701A trim I ordered does have what they call "electric steering" or "electric power steering", though.

For grins I just put my VIN (for my still-waiting-to-be-shipped '23 platinum powerboost) into parts.ford.com and ran a search for "clockspring". A part number "14A664" comes up and it says that fits my would-be truck. It doesn't admit that the part supports a heated steering wheel, but the description is otherwise correct.

What suggests to me that this part is probably correct for heated steering is that it is also the part that parts.ford.com will specify if you put in a VIN for a truck that DOES have heated steering. I dug one up on Autotrader. If this similarly-equipped 2022 truck, that DOES have heated steering, happened to need a new clock spring, parts.ford.com will offer up the same suggestion that it does for my VIN.

I will admit that it can be tough to discern this with certainty because parts.ford.com has a habit of putting only a portion of the part number ("14A664") on the parts listing. However the search results for both trucks offer up the exact same hyperlink, which is also the lone result you will get if you just straight-up search for "ml3z-14a664-b".

So, hey, I don't think there's any way to know with absolute certainty if the right part for this job is ML3Z-14A664-B, until somebody actually gets their hands on one and stuffs it into a '23 F150 with "STEERING WHEEL - HEAT REMOVAL" on the sticker, resulting (with suitable related tinkering) in steering wheel heat. AFAICT nobody's done that yet. I will certainly buy the first ML3Z-14A664-B that I can find, and (if the truck ever shows up) will give it a shot.

At least it now looks like a clockspring and an HVAC control module (plus the one-time use bolt) may be the only parts required.

xlover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor 37
I will admit that it can be tough to discern this with certainty because parts.ford.com has a habit of putting only a portion of the part number ("14A664") on the parts listing. However the search results for both trucks offer up the exact same hyperlink, which is also the lone result you will get if you just straight-up search for "ml3z-14a664-b".

So, hey, I don't think there's any way to know with absolute certainty if the right part for this job is ML3Z-14A664-B, until somebody actually gets their hands on one and stuffs it into a '23 F150 with "STEERING WHEEL - HEAT REMOVAL" on the sticker, resulting (with suitable related tinkering) in steering wheel heat. AFAICT nobody's done that yet. I will certainly buy the first ML3Z-14A664-B that I can find, and (if the truck ever shows up) will give it a shot.

At least it now looks like a clockspring and an HVAC control module (plus the one-time use bolt) may be the only parts required.
The way i am reading the parts info and the results from those who have actually ordered is below, let me know if this aligns with your thinking :

ML3Z-3F791-BB is the clock spring PLUS the wiper stalk and electric wheel adjustment attached in package

ML3Z-14A664-B is only the clockspring module.

For those of us with 23s we only need that clock spring module not the other attachments.
Open question for those who want to update with a sense of urgency.... is the version with attachments more accessible

Sponsored

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
The way i am reading the parts info and the results from those who have actually ordered is below, let me know if this aligns with your thinking :

ML3Z-3F791-BB is the clock spring PLUS the wiper stalk and electric wheel adjustment attached in package

For those of us with 23s we only need that clock spring module not the other attachments.
Open question for those who want to update with a sense of urgency.... is the version with attachments more accessible
This makes sense based on what I have sitting and waiting (ordered a few months back in anticipation of this, now just need my built truck to ship). I have ML3Z-14A664-B, and will swap the stalk and the power steering wheel adjustment over.

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare

I have a 22 501a. I ordered the BB model to get the rain sensing wipers as well has heated wheel. The B model would be a clockspring only which you could buy to avoid getting the entire turn stalk.

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare

rikkiranger98

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Powerboost
I got this completed and i must say it's damn nice. and just in time for our - degree weather.

IMG_1824(1).jpg

one question though, I left the auto wiper stalk and bought the rain sensor. i've turned on everything i can find referencing rain sense wipers and am getting an error on the SCCM and they don't seem to be working.
1671761089522.png

My truck was pre-wired, (well it had the connector up by the mirror anyway) for the sensor so i figured it's be "simple" to add

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Is this the Superduty screen? planning on doing my install this weekend. If it is, do you have the ForScan Settings to do it? Thanks!

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Is this the Superduty screen? planning on doing my install this weekend. If it is, do you have the ForScan Settings to do it? Thanks!
It is

the only reason I did it is because my apim software is too old to do the climate bar.
The easiest way to get it is to open the apim simple programming (the one that doesn’t say as built) and under vehicle type, select “f-series” I believe it was. Someone said select “super duty” but I didn’t see that option. Make sure you reset apim after sending changes.

Sponsored

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker

deejay9556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Doesn’t matter, there’s no pins in there for the heated wheel
Got it, thanks. I was hoping that might be a cheap solution.

deejay9556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150