First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
That's excellent news for all the 2023 guys who got HSW deleted. Assuming the outcome is the same for everyone........
Sponsored

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
Or meter the pins on that grey 2 pin connector. if there's power there. you're good to go. may be easier to get to than the BCM if the steering shrouds are already aparrt
Exactly, put a meter, or a continuity detector on it with the key on. If there is power, your good to go as far as wiring.

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
Once I have my '23 KR PB (within two weeks?) I'll have to look this thread over again to understand what to do, what and how to check stuff. Right now, I'm rather lost - BUT I want that heated steering wheel!

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Once I have my '23 KR PB (within two weeks?) I'll have to look this thread over again to understand what to do, what and how to check stuff. Right now, I'm rather lost - BUT I want that heated steering wheel!
I completely understand what you mean. I’m a very visual, tactile person. If I can’t see it and feel it, it’s hard for me to make sense of it.

Once you start getting into it you’ll realize it’s all incredible easy

Sponsored

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
I am ecstatic to see wiring to the back of the SCCM. Hoping a 402a will be the same. Not that the wiring is hard, but one less thing to do would be nice.

xlover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor 37
This morning I took more pictures of the steering column clock spring of my 23 platinum seems that all the wires are there it’s just the clock spring needs to be changed and the HVAC. Two spots on the clock spring are dummy ports.
That last pic shows the wiring is there, is that correct? (The gray 2 pin connector) if that’s the case you won’t have to worry about wiring it in, just changing the clock spring and you only need the HVAC module IF you want the hard button. If not you can do the soft button on the touchscreen

EDIT: on second thought it would still be wise to check the BCM connector C2280A and see if there is a wire in pin 15. If so, that should be the steering wheel heat being wired all the way up
Or meter the pins on that grey 2 pin connector. if there's power there. you're good to go. may be easier to get to than the BCM if the steering shrouds are already aparrt
someone on the “other raptor board” took apart their 23 and had the same outcome, correct wheel and harnesses but clock spring with dummy connectors. They checked the wiring and it goes to the right pin.

Fingers crossed that all 23s are coming this way…. If ford would just ship mine…. I am going to open it up right after getting it, was going to wait till next fall but these mod threads have me too excited.

Kinda makes you wonder why they don’t just do an official retrofit if it’s just as easy as swapping a clock spring and enabling the software button. My hypothesis is they don’t feel like dealing with designing and enabling a soft button for the standard sync interface. That’s prolly why the lightning supposedly IS getting a retrofit, because the interface already has the soft button as part of the ux.

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
This number comes up as column housing not the clock spring and says it does not fit 21 to 23 F150. How are you 100% sure on this part number

Sponsored

FordPrefect

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Platinum PB, R1200RT, Fuell Flluid
Not 100% but think it's this ML3Z-14A664-B
I am pretty sure that is the smallest sub-assembly one can buy from Ford that would do the job. Sure enough that I ordered one from Tasca over the weekend. Got a not-too-surprising order cancellation email from them this morning. It included the words:

"Part #ML3Z-14A664-B is currently on national backorder with the automotive manufacturer and has no estimated date of resupply. We do not currently have this item in stock at our warehouse and are unable to acquire it at this time."

I think it may be awhile before those of us who have "STEERING WHEEL - HEAT REMOVAL" on our window stickers can do much about it.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I am pretty sure that is the smallest sub-assembly one can buy from Ford that would do the job. Sure enough that I ordered one from Tasca over the weekend. Got a not-too-surprising order cancellation email from them this morning. It included the words:

"Part #ML3Z-14A664-B is currently on national backorder with the automotive manufacturer and has no estimated date of resupply. We do not currently have this item in stock at our warehouse and are unable to acquire it at this time."

I think it may be awhile before those of us who have "STEERING WHEEL - HEAT REMOVAL" on our window stickers can do much about it.
Yea, that seems to be the part they're short on based on the way the built vehicles are coming in.

You could look at eBay and try to find one. That is where I got mine. It was out of a crashed truck but has worked beautifully since I installed it about a month ago. You could also look at sites like car-part.com

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
are we 100% sure this is the part number because I put it in for Teske and they say it won’t fit the current model.
Sponsored