First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
@Jesse-Infotainment did it again and worked his magic! Found out that you need to config the APIM as a super duty then climate will show up in the side cards which is where you can toggle the heated steering wheel. Now to get the right SCCM installed and wires ran, then see if it'll work.

Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information 1658892304343
Sponsored

Mattbrand

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Funeral Director
@Jesse-Infotainment did it again and worked his magic! Found out that you need to config the APIM as a super duty then climate will show up in the side cards which is where you can toggle the heated steering wheel. Now to get the right SCCM installed and wires ran, then see if it'll work.

1658892304343.png
Any chance you would be able to tell me how to configure the APIM to the super duty? I have everything ready but not sure how to configure it.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Any chance you would be able to tell me how to configure the APIM to the super duty? I have everything ready but not sure how to configure it.
Using Forscan and under the easy config for the APIM, change the vehicle type from F-150 to super duty is the easiest way.

Mattbrand

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Funeral Director
Using Forscan and under the easy config for the APIM, change the vehicle type from F-150 to super duty is the easiest way.
You are the man! Does the heated steering wheel work for you in that configuration without the actual button?

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
You are the man! Does the heated steering wheel work for you in that configuration without the actual button?
It "should" but I haven't been able to test it yet. I still need to wire in the 2 main power wires between the BCM and SCCM. Haven't had much ambition as the temp has still been 90+ on the daily here, so little need for heated wheel yet. I did notice some codes it threw after I got things turned on and played around, referencing heated steering wheel short and what not, so it was trying to turn it on and everything.

Sponsored

Mattbrand

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Funeral Director
It "should" but I haven't been able to test it yet. I still need to wire in the 2 main power wires between the BCM and SCCM. Haven't had much ambition as the temp has still been 90+ on the daily here, so little need for heated wheel yet. I did notice some codes it threw after I got things turned on and played around, referencing heated steering wheel short and what not, so it was trying to turn it on and everything.
I hear ya! If and when do you it could you let us know here so we can start the mod and have a good sense of direction for wiring and what not.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It shoud work. The heated wheel is controlled only by the SCCM and BCM. Nothing else. So as long as the turn on is sent it should work fine.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I hear ya! If and when do you it could you let us know here so we can start the mod and have a good sense of direction for wiring and what not.
THe wiring is two wires as I mentioned already to you. One to the BCM for the power and one ground. I did it already Only difference is I addd teh HVAC module becasue I added the seats as well.

Mattbrand

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Funeral Director
THe wiring is two wires as I mentioned already to you. One to the BCM for the power and one ground. I did it already Only difference is I addd teh HVAC module becasue I added the seats as well.
Oh I’m sorry, I wasn’t sure if it was a special pin to tap into on the bcm for the heated wheel or just anywhere with power for it.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Oh I’m sorry, I wasn’t sure if it was a special pin to tap into on the bcm for the heated wheel or just anywhere with power for it.
It is a special spot. Its a min 10 Guage wire.
Ford F-150 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information 1662849202557

Sponsored

Mattbrand

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Funeral Director
I am doing this already, If you have a lariat you may get away with the wheel and a SCCM with the heated circuit. The way to turn it on though is in the HVAC module so you may need a new one. Its about $500. You may be able to program the apim to turn it on and off. I cant say for sure. The heated wheel is actually control from the Driver seat module. Lariat and above have it already xl and XLT does not.

Since the wheel isnt wired to the HVAC control you may get away with having a soft button on the screen.

I ordered the SCCM its on back order until april.

There are two ways to order the SCCM.. as a complete assembly with the turn signal stalk and you can get just the airbag contact as they call it in 21. I order the entire assembly.
Any chance youd have the part number or could point me in the right direction for the Driver seat module, thats the last part i need and cant seem to find it on ford parts website.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Any chance youd have the part number or could point me in the right direction for the Driver seat module, thats the last part i need and cant seem to find it on ford parts website.
You dont need a DSM for what youre doing

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Oh okay perfect, i just had read that in the post that since i have an XLT id need the new module.
That post was from before I did the upgrade. I have now. The DSM only handles the Heated and cooled seats, memory features and power running boards.

Your situation you are only doing the wheel you only need the SCCM and the wheel and to program the apim.

The SCCM handles everything.
Sponsored