Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
ML3Z3F791BB

This is the Complete assembly with turn signal stalk

ML3Z14A664B

This is what they call the Airbag contact assembly
@Jesse-Infotainment Subscribed! April is coming soon. Please keep us posted with your progress.

@dhageremtp, also wondering if one can just order ML3Z14A664B on a Lariat without needing the complete assembly...
Sponsored

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
Right. Still waiting on my truck………

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
I am doing this already, If you have a lariat you may get away with the wheel and a SCCM with the heated circuit. The way to turn it on though is in the HVAC module so you may need a new one. Its about $500. You may be able to program the apim to turn it on and off. I cant say for sure. The heated wheel is actually control from the Driver seat module. Lariat and above have it already xl and XLT does not.

Since the wheel isnt wired to the HVAC control you may get away with having a soft button on the screen.

I ordered the SCCM its on back order until april.

There are two ways to order the SCCM.. as a complete assembly with the turn signal stalk and you can get just the airbag contact as they call it in 21. I order the entire assembly.
do you plan on adding the hvac control to this? It seems that the only control with the heated steering comes with ventilated seat. If that's the case, i guess we would have to retrofit ventilated seats too so we dont have a dead switch

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am trying without. You need a driver seat module the hvac controls don’t control the heated and cooled seats or steering wheel. The driver seat module controls all of that

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
I am trying without. You need a driver seat module the hvac controls don’t control the heated and cooled seats or steering wheel. The driver seat module controls all of that
got it, keep us posted on the retrofit

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
got it, keep us posted on the retrofit
It’s going to be a while waiting on the clockspring. Eta of end of march. That is Tentative

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
It’s going to be a while waiting on the clockspring. Eta of end of march. That is Tentative
Im still waiting on the truck, suppose to be end Feb 20, looks like it stalled out do to chip shortage, new estimated date is May........

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I find it hard to believe no one has an east aftermarket solution....

Mr. Zog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5L EB, 5.5' Space White
Following - Reynauds in an XLT... Certainly a retrofit is the way to go, but any experience with a decent heated cover? They all seem too cheap to be any good, but I have no actual experience with them.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Hey @Jesse-Infotainment did you ever figure anything out here? I swapped my steering wheel with on heated Raptor one so looking at making that part work as well. Already know the SCCM needs swapped along with some wires ran. Did you ever find a way to enable the controls through the APIM? I didn't have much luck now trying to do so, so the only way may be the physical button which would take new HVAC controls as well.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hey @Jesse-Infotainment did you ever figure anything out here? I swapped my steering wheel with on heated Raptor one so looking at making that part work as well. Already know the SCCM needs swapped along with some wires ran. Did you ever find a way to enable the controls through the APIM? I didn't have much luck now trying to do so, so the only way may be the physical button which would take new HVAC controls as well.
I did get it working but I also added heated and cooled seats with the hvac control. I would believ that it’s controllable from the apim. The heated wheel is ran from the BCM and I’m willing to bet you can turn on the heated wheel and control from apim.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I did get it working but I also added heated and cooled seats with the hvac control. I would believ that it’s controllable from the apim. The heated wheel is ran from the BCM and I’m willing to bet you can turn on the heated wheel and control from apim.
Thanks for the info. I tried everything I could find yesterday to trigger it with the APIM and no go. I'm not really even sure where it would show up honestly since there really isn't a climate page/button unlike that last gen trucks. Maybe there is a way to enable such a page, but I'll keep playing around with it.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
There will be a heated wheel button same as sync 3 would have. I’ll take a look at the sheet and see what to turn on.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Try to set

7D0-02-01xxxx*xxxxx--

to a 5

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Try to set

7D0-02-01xxxx*xxxxx--

to a 5
Yup, that's the first one I tried and no go. Keep in mind Sync 4, the 12" version at least, doesn't even have the climate page like Sync 3 does, just screen pop ups only, so like I said, I wouldn't even know where the button would show up to begin with, as having it buried in the vehicle settings menu would seem rather cumbersome to me.
Sponsored