Heated steering wheel not very hot?

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Has anybody noticed their heated steering wheel leaves alot to be desired? My 2018 F150 would be so warm you would have to turn it off. On my 21 it's barely luke warm and shuts itself off relatively quick.
Sponsored

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Mine is super warm, almost too hot. Used it daily during the Texas freeze last week. I would have your dealer take a look at it.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
Has anybody noticed their heated steering wheel leaves alot to be desired? My 2018 F150 would be so warm you would have to turn it off. On my 21 it's barely luke warm and shuts itself off relatively quick.
Yes. I would describe it as warm. Definitely not hot and after a while you don’t notice it unless you’re paying attention to it.

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
Personally I hope this is the case. On my last 2 Explorers it never shuts off on its own & is uncomfortably hot. In the last 2 weeks here the mercury dipped down well into the -20’s and I never once got in my truck & wished for a heated steering wheel....

Heated & cooled seats however, a luxury I hope to never be without again ?

HandsomeDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Personally I hope this is the case. On my last 2 Explorers it never shuts off on its own & is uncomfortably hot. In the last 2 weeks here the mercury dipped down well into the -20’s and I never once got in my truck & wished for a heated steering wheel....

Heated & cooled seats however, a luxury I hope to never be without again ?
See i'd rather have a heated wheel than seat. Funny how that works eh ? Temps can get pretty deep in the minus celsius here and I barely ever use my heated seat. My current 302a doesn't have a heated wheel but I have used them in the past. Definitely looking forward to my 502a to keep my paws warm. I had cooled seats in my 402a and they are most excellent ?.

Sponsored

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
I remember the first time I bought a vehicle that had heated seats....a Lexus in 2002. I questioned my sanity doing so as I live in hot/humid Houston. Loved it from the day I took that car home.

My last 3 Explorers have had the heated steering wheel and can't see myself ever having another vehicle without this option either! Even my Harley has heated grips.... :)

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
When my truck goes in for the windshield recall, I'm going to get them to look at the steering wheel heating issue too. I thought I was just being petty about its luke-warmness, but I see I'm not alone!

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Mine is nice and toasty for about ten minutes then it gets lukewarm. Figured it was to help prolong the life of the leather steering wheel or something. Not a deal breaker but I wish it lasted a little longer.

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
Mine gets warm for about 10 minutes and then cools down pretty quickly. Almost like it’s not even on. I already have an appointment to have this addressed.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Mine has gotten comfortably warm/hot in my truck. My Ram steering wheel got HOT. Uncomfortably hot. I'm fine with how mine is working as is. One thing my wife likes, the heated passenger seat automatically turns on with start up.

Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Mine feels pretty hot. I turn it off after a few minutes but this is in CA and my first heated steering wheel.

OP
OP
Mrtosh

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Has anybody addressed this issue with the dealer? Wondering if they have a fix for the not so hot heated steering wheel.

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
In the manual it states that the system will decide how hot the steering wheel should get, and it’s completely normal for it to seem like it’s not doing anything. With that said, you’d expect it to heat up, especially if it’s been low temps where you are.
Sponsored