Heated steering wheel not very hot?

Dybalr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
Forscan will let you adjust the temperature as well as the duration. I just did this on mine. It works.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Forscan will let you adjust the temperature as well as the duration. I just did this on mine. It works.

Can you give a few more details as to this?

How many degrees can you adjust it? Would it work for the ventilated seats as well?

Dybalr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
Can you give a few more details as to this?

How many degrees can you adjust it? Would it work for the ventilated seats as well?
I have it all written down at home, but I believe it starts at 35 degrees Celsius and let’s you go up to 39 degrees.

the default duration is at like 10 minutes but can be set to indefinite.

I settled on 37 degrees and 20 minutes.

Doesn’t appear there is access to the seats though.

when I get home I’ll get the specifics regarding module and settings

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I have it all written down at home, but I believe it starts at 35 degrees Celsius and let’s you go up to 39 degrees.

the default duration is at like 10 minutes but can be set to indefinite.

I settled on 37 degrees and 20 minutes.

Doesn’t appear there is access to the seats though.

when I get home I’ll get the specifics regarding module and settings

Very nice! Thank you for the info!!

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
Very nice! Thank you for the info!!
Here is what I found on the Forscan. Lots of options for heated steering wheel temp and time. SCCM module
Ford F-150 Heated steering wheel not very hot? Heated SW settings 20210422_190433

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mrtosh

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Here is what I found on the Forscan. Lots of options for heated steering wheel temp and time. SCCM module
Heated SW settings 20210422_190433.jpg
I've always been curious, does Forscan void warranty? I would love to fix this issue once and for all.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
I've always been curious, does Forscan void warranty? I would love to fix this issue once and for all.
Forscan does not AUTOMATICALLY void your warranty. Magnuson Moss Act was enacted into Federal law in 1975 and States, nothing will automatically VOID your warranty UNLESS someone can show or prove that something CAUSED or CONTRIBUTED to a Failure in the vehicle.

OP
OP
Mrtosh

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Forscan does not AUTOMATICALLY void your warranty. Magnuson Moss Act was enacted into Federal law in 1975 and States, nothing will automatically VOID your warranty UNLESS someone can show or prove that something CAUSED or CONTRIBUTED to a Failure in the vehicle.
Does this fall into the category of tuning a vehicle?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Does this fall into the category of tuning a vehicle?
No, tuning a vehicle changes the operating parameters set by FOMOCO and rewrites the programming, whereas changing as built is essentially the same as "flipping a switch" from one set of programming to another. A program that was created by Ford engineers.

This is NOT to say that any issues arising after changing as-builts will or will not be covered by warranty. At the end of the day, Ford can come up with any reason they want to deny a warranty claim. But the burden of proof is on them.

However, as long as you don't try to get "creative" with the as-built changes, I cannot see any issues popping up that you cannot easily reverse by setting your as-built value back to stock.

thunderf150

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501a
Occupation
HR
Heated SW settings 20210422_190433.jpg
I so needed this! Thank You.
23 Lariat here and the same issue not too hot. I hope there was something for the seats as well.

Sponsored

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I suspect there is a safety feature from overheat. Initially turning it on my steering wheel gets almost too hot for 10-15 minutes then starts reducing in heat. If you turn it off and on again it goes back to kick wang mode.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I so needed this! Thank You.
23 Lariat here and the same issue not too hot. I hope there was something for the seats as well.
Yep there is for each of the three levels, case in point, I noticed they were different between my 21 and 23 in the Forscan values. My 21 you couldn't even use medium or high levels as it would burn your ass off pretty much, the levels of my 23 are toned down a bit.

I suspect there is a safety feature from overheat. Initially turning it on my steering wheel gets almost too hot for 10-15 minutes then starts reducing in heat. If you turn it off and on again it goes back to kick wang mode.
Yes, it does exactly that, has a heat-cool cycle it goes through, many others have noticed it as well but really no way to circumvent it as that is just how it works.

thunderf150

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501a
Occupation
HR
Yep there is for each of the three levels, case in point, I noticed they were different between my 21 and 23 in the Forscan values. My 21 you couldn't even use medium or high levels as it would burn your ass off pretty much, the levels of my 23 are toned down a bit.

Yes, it does exactly that, has a heat-cool cycle it goes through, many others have noticed it as well but really no way to circumvent it as that is just how it works.
So were you able to find it for the 23 as well ? My eyes go glittery when you reply to an issue thinking that we kinda have the same spec truck and you would just have all the answers 😂

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
So were you able to find it for the 23 as well ? My eyes go glittery when you reply to an issue thinking that we kinda have the same spec truck and you would just have all the answers 😂
Play around with these, but there are similar values in the DSM as well that might also need adjusted to match.

Ford F-150 Heated steering wheel not very hot? 1698458986609

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
The heated steering wheel is too hot to my touch. I have to turn it off after a few minutes.
Sponsored