Sponsored

Headlights brightness?

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
So those you out there with different headlights Led /halogen 2021 F150 . How bright are they not looking for lumen or candle power .How bright is it do I need to look for aftermarket lights . Ford has never had bright lights. I'm in a pretty rural area full of suicidal dear and need to see as far as I can. Off road lights will come in the future after I figure a configuration I like. For now all thought and pictures are welcome
Sponsored

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Best headlights on a vehicle ever. Lariat with the LED projectors do a great job of lighting up the road. I do not think you would be unhappy with them.
I did have crappy halogens in my '19 and had to go aftermarket to get road sign melting LED's. I will not need to make any changes with the '21.

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
Best headlights on a vehicle ever. Lariat with the LED projectors do a great job of lighting up the road. I do not think you would be unhappy with them.
I did have crappy halogens in my '19 and had to go aftermarket to get road sign melting LED's. I will not need to make any changes with the '21.
completely agree, I have a lariat 502a (Canadian spec with glare free), and they’re the best oem headlights I’ve had on a vehicle.

OP
OP

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
So the Lariat comes with led lights or is the 502a package needed . I know 502a has the cornering beam which is cool but not a big deal for me just looking for the brightness. There was thread about reflector vs Led light but left it unanswered

Last edited:

Sponsored

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
How are the lights on the lower trim Lariats?
I have the 501A Lariat and it has the LED reflectors. Great headlights. Far superior to the halogens that are in the 2020 XLT I had.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
So the Lariat comes with led lights or is the 502a package needed . I know 502a has the cornering beam which is cool but a big deal for me just looking for the brightness. There was thread about reflector vs Led light but left it unanswered
502A has the LED projectors, others have LED reflector headlamps.

Ford F-150 Headlights brightness? lights1.PNG
Ford F-150 Headlights brightness? lights2.PNG
Ford F-150 Headlights brightness? lights3.PNG

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
LED projectors are fantastic!!!! I agree with the previous comment... best OEM headlights I have ever had.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
So. I guess I will need to get the projector led after it comes in
Definitely buy/order a truck with them from the factory. I would guess adding them in would be a nightmare.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
Definitely buy/order a truck with them from the factory. I would guess adding them in would be a nightmare.
Just looked at it about 2300 to after but 502a package $6900 ?only thing I want of the package is the lights . Just going to have to replace the bulbs maybe and get those off road lights sooner than later?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The halogen headlights are garbage and there's no discernible difference between them and my old '06 Silverado's miserable headlights. Unfortunately, the halogen are the only option on the regular cab trucks. It's pretty shameful that my $50,000MSRP truck didn't get LED's as standard when the $20,000 Maverick does!

I was hoping that with the redesign, the base halogen headlights would be okay but they aren't, most cars in my city have LEDs and if there's a car behind me with them, I can't even tell whether my lights are on or not. Typical Detroit behavior of using trim levels upgrades that are tied to safety features, since things like passenger side mirrors, windshield wipers and seatbelts were all features unavailable on base model vehicles. If kids weren't getting backed over by their grandparents, reverse cameras would still be unavailable on XL trims. Yet somehow, the worthless and troublesome capless fuel fillers are standard across the line!

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
Just looked at it about 2300 to after but 502a package $6900 ?only thing I want of the package is the lights . Just going to have to replace the bulbs maybe and get those off road lights sooner than later?
If you get stuck with halogens, I recommend upgrading to Morimoto projector lamps when they become available for the 2021s. They‘re not cheap, but they are probably the best upgrade I made to my 2015 F150.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
If you get stuck with halogens, I recommend upgrading to Morimoto projector lamps when they become available for the 2021s. They‘re not cheap, but they are probably the best upgrade I made to my 2015 F150.
I replaced my 2013 platinum HID projectors with the morimoto projectors. Night and day difference. Buy once cry once they say.

OP
OP

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
The halogen headlights are garbage and there's no discernible difference between them and my old '06 Silverado's miserable headlights. Unfortunately, the halogen are the only option on the regular cab trucks. It's pretty shameful that my $50,000MSRP truck didn't get LED's as standard when the $20,000 Maverick does!

I was hoping that with the redesign, the base halogen headlights would be okay but they aren't, most cars in my city have LEDs and if there's a car behind me with them, I can't even tell whether my lights are on or not. Typical Detroit behavior of using trim levels upgrades that are tied to safety features, since things like passenger side mirrors, windshield wipers and seatbelts were all features unavailable on base model vehicles. If kids weren't getting backed over by their grandparents, reverse cameras would still be unavailable on XL trims. Yet somehow, the worthless and troublesome capless fuel fillers are standard across the line!

These are cost saving measures that I are shit at the trim level should get a garage door Opener and led lights not Led reflectors leading you to believe that thats what your getting . As for the capless fuel fillers I just want to be able to lock it . Not afraid of fuel theft but of some shit head pouring something in

Any pictures any issues ?
I replaced my 2013 platinum HID projectors with the morimoto projectors. Night and day difference. Buy once cry once they say.
I plan on keeping the truck for 8 years at least so no issues with water or any malfunction ?

Should I just put a Led lightbulb in place not trying to be cheap just a question ?
Sponsored