Sponsored

Headlights brightness?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The one item I wonder about is the cap less fuel filler. Just what problems have you had with yours?
None yet but if you search on the other forums, they're not all they're cracked up to be, with many failing after and during the warranty period.

A family member had gas siphoned from their Honda Ridgeline and it cost them $700 to replace the fuel filler neck/capless gas filler assembly to turn off the check engine light, which was on because of a vacuum leak in the emissions system from the damaged capless filler. They also spontaneously fail, as in post #4 of this thread:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/anyones-fuel-door-fall-off.4766/#post-84760

It's ridiculous for fuel filler doors to be falling off and other things that used to last the life of the truck.
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
So concerning the cap less fuel filler is that it’s not so much the cap less feature but the fact that it’s non-locking the door itself . I end up driving into and parking vehicle 12 hours in some pretty bad areas and yeah they could break in and take I don’t even know what anymore since All vehicles come with a pretty decent radio system nowadays . Even if they steal the truck but the car can be tracked so that’s kind of a moot point. If it were stolen the insurance would covers that potential . My greater concern is that somebody actually could pour something into the fuel tank that concerns me the most ( being a diesel) I’ve looked at some of the aftermarket locking doors which don’t fit on 21s according to the online stuff and they are ridiculously ugly So I would settle at the very least for a locking gas cap doesn’t prevent anybody from doing anything but just my own paranoia
You have a point. There are a lot of creeeeps out there now days. Ticked that they have an old junker and you have a nice new truck.
None yet but if you search on the other forums, they're not all they're cracked up to be, with many failing after and during the warranty period.

A family member had gas siphoned from their Honda Ridgeline and it cost them $700 to replace the fuel filler neck/capless gas filler assembly to turn off the check engine light, which was on because of a vacuum leak in the emissions system from the damaged capless filler. They also spontaneously fail, as in post #4 of this thread:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/anyones-fuel-door-fall-off.4766/#post-84760

It's ridiculous for fuel filler doors to be falling off and other things that used to last the life of the truck.
I know my dad use to always buy a locking cap and I did for a few years. It almost feels like a myth... lol. I honestly have never known anyone to have anything poured into their tank. I've only seen instances online where someone has stolen fuel, but even then it's not that often.

OP
OP

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
I know my dad use to always buy a locking cap and I did for a few years. It almost feels like a myth... lol. I honestly have never known anyone to have anything poured into their tank. I've only seen instances online where someone has stolen fuel, but even then it's not that often.

You are correct the instances of this is so rare is not even worth the stat. That being said I have been that one in a million to many times. Concerding car half the cost of these trucks have at least locking gas doors it really smacks in the face. Ford like many manufacture took note of the aftermarket industry and for lack of a better word stole the ideas . They incorporated them into there products. A win for the consumer yes but they started to leave out core things like a garage door opener mats etc etc. They all started to sell this electric gizmo and it has wifi ? for free no you have to pay for it ohh. So in the error using the your phone for a hot spot if you have such a need is cheaper that paying for it on your car. A lot of smoke and mirror . Don't get me wrong I like some of these thing but have been buy vehicles for several decades now tell me rubber mats is an upgrade or any mats for that matter is a load of SH!T. Stepping off soap box:unsure:

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
So those you out there with different headlights Led /halogen 2021 F150 . How bright are they not looking for lumen or candle power .How bright is it do I need to look for aftermarket lights . Ford has never had bright lights. I'm in a pretty rural area full of suicidal dear and need to see as far as I can. Off road lights will come in the future after I figure a configuration I like. For now all thought and pictures are welcome
I have a XLT with LED headlights and find them excellent. Would not think of changing them out.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
None yet but if you search on the other forums, they're not all they're cracked up to be, with many failing after and during the warranty period.....
.....It's ridiculous for fuel filler doors to be falling off and other things that used to last the life of the truck.
Wow. Did not know about that. I guess I will have to watch mine as I put lots of gas in this very low mpg truck.

Sponsored

CarolynStride

First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 4x2
Occupation
Retired?
I'm getting an XLT - went from 301 to 302 for the headlights. I intend to be pulling a small trailer on lots of foggy mountain roads and my eyes are old. I expect to be able to see well at night.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I'm getting an XLT - went from 301 to 302 for the headlights. I intend to be pulling a small trailer on lots of foggy mountain roads and my eyes are old. I expect to be able to see well at night.
A lot of reasons to jump to 302A: Reflector LED Headlight/LED foglights, heated seats, 12" screen, push button start, etc.

I'm encouraged by the conversation about the reflector LEDs. I'm coming from a Subaru with projector LEDs so not expecting on-par brightness/clarity, but hopefully something close!

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
Infotroll. You'll be just fine with the leds on 501a package. Projecter led lights have terrible cut off, especially on dark hilly roads. My wifes suv has them and we find my truck is far superior. Also the auto highbeams work great.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Infotroll. You'll be just fine with the leds on 501a package. Projecter led lights have terrible cut off, especially on dark hilly roads. My wifes suv has them and we find my truck is far superior. Also the auto highbeams work great.
How can you say the 502A+ LEDs have a bad cutoff when you don't have them? Every housing is different. I've been in cars with great halogen lights and terrible halogen lights. I've also seen good and bad HID projectors too.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My 502A projectors have a bad cut off line. They also must have been poorly adjusted in the factory. You could not drive more than 35 mph on dim or you would over drive the lights. I had to adjust them so I could at least see safe at 45 mph. Not getting flashed by others.
I will agree that they can all be different.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
A lot of reasons to jump to 302A: Reflector LED Headlight/LED foglights, heated seats, 12" screen, push button start, etc.

I'm encouraged by the conversation about the reflector LEDs. I'm coming from a Subaru with projector LEDs so not expecting on-par brightness/clarity, but hopefully something close!
Sorry didn't see the reply earlier the Lariat 502a package come with the following
  • LARIAT Chrome Appearance Package
  • B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with HD Radio™
  • Rain Sensing Wipers
  • LED Projector with Dynamic bending Headlamps with LED Taillamps

The heated seats, 12" screen, push button start, etc. all come with the base lariat . Don't want the chrome better stereo and wipers nice touch but I can reach over and turn them on . So to pay 6,900 for Led lights the aftermarket will likely the way to go if don't just add the oem don't really care about the cornering (yes I would want it but hey )

AUXITO Jackson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.auxito.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Senior Manager Of The Official AUXITO Brand Website
I bought these lights for my 1996 F350 to replace the factory halogens.

https://smile.amazon.com/AUXITO-Hea...keywords=led+headlight&qid=1628438814&sr=8-41

The difference was remarkable - lots more lumens with good distribution, sharp cutoff. I then ordered a set for my Shelby Mustang and my Escape. Same great results.

I can't swear they would work as well in the current models, and almost certainly inferior to the OE LEDs, but they were well worth it for me.
If you are interested in brighter headlamps, AUXITO would be happy to send you free sample of this high performance for an honest review.
https://www.auxito.com/collections/...upgraded-9007-led-bulb-20000lm-100w-dual-beam

Tungy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor 37 PP
This might be a silly question on my 801A with dual projector headlights. i notice that at night when the headlights are on both top and bottom projector are on ( bottom projector is normal brightness and the top is about 50% dimmer then the bottom, which seems normal). But when I turn on the high beams the bottom projector gets brighter. So the Upper and lower projector are on all the time? If the upper projector is the low beam, then why is the lower projector on at a higher brightness with just low beam on? This is all observed while parked and GlareFree tuned off.

DavidJason532

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Recently I was searching for brighter headlight bulbs too and I found these H11 6000K LED bulbs on auxito site. Overly impressed by the huge improvement in brightness with a neutral white rather than the obnoxious blue-white bulbs from other makers, and they reach out farther with better clarity.
https://www.auxito.com/pages/parts-and-accessories-for-ford-f150
Ford F-150 Headlights brightness? 1678329339419

Ford F-150 Headlights brightness? 1678329479238

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Is there a cutoff?
Sponsored