Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Yeah, I’d like to have it too but it looks like a lot to change on forscan
Yeah not hard at all. Just take it slow line by line. Takes about 5 min and so worth it!
Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
OK, now I want to turn it back on to see how they work. My wife’s automatic brights in her car drive me crazy! They disengage because of reflectors off street signs. Then I can’t reengage them unless I turn off the auto.
Interesting. The auto high beam works very well on my MY22 PB. As soon as other headlights or tail lights appear, it switches from high to low.

Only once in a blue moon will a super bright reflection from a sign fool the auto high beam, and it soon realizes it's mistake,

OP
OP
4dRunningMan

4dRunningMan

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Systems Engineering Management
The biggest thing I didn't like about auto high beams in my wife's car is when I really want to have them on, but they won't come back on because they think they see an oncoming car when it's a street lamp down the road a ways.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Now I know why 33mph is the trigger speed I see the Anti-glare kick in every night on my road

Ford F-150 Headlights - Automatic Brights Screenshot_20231110_002803_OneDrive

OP
OP
4dRunningMan

4dRunningMan

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Systems Engineering Management
Now I know why 33mph is the trigger speed I see the Anti-glare kick in every night on my road

Screenshot_20231110_002803_OneDrive.jpg
Wow, how the heck does this even work? That's insane!

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Wow, how the heck does this even work? That's insane!
I believe there is some kind of shutter/curtain inside the projector assembly that can be moved/located strategically to block just a portion of the light. It IS an amazing array, but its technology has been around in Europe for quite some time.
Scary expensive though.
Headlight technology weighs heavily in favor of extended warranty?

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director

Guess I need to start driving faster on back roads. How long till someone figures out how to reduce this number?

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I believe there is some kind of shutter/curtain inside the projector assembly that can be moved/located strategically to block just a portion of the light. It IS an amazing array, but its technology has been around in Europe for quite some time.
Scary expensive though.
Due to the expense of lighting and key fobs, I made certain those were included in my Extended Warranty. Already got back my money for the Key Fob cost. Lost my keys while on the road back in September. Replaced and programmed for $0.

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
Scary expensive though.
Exactly why I'm making sure I get the one that covers headlights/taillights along with the main one. Things I wouldn't have known/thought about unless I learned it here.

Sponsored

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Off Road Fishing Edition 5.0
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
I miss the old High Beam Foot Switch.

But... I wouldn't trade it for my 2021 F150 Auto High Beams, which I have found work VERY well.

High Beam Foot Switch.jpg
Probably most drivers in the world are too young to have ever driven a vehicle with that light control, LOL

UNIKRN150

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Probably most drivers in the world are too young to have ever driven a vehicle with that light control, LOL
One day in the not-too-distant future (apparently) the same will be said for people who have experienced the spine-tingling roar of an angry American V8 engine too!

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic

Interesting that they don’t automatically turn off below that speed. I can pretty much almost come to a stop on a dark road 4 way stop, before they turn off.

Eyeman60

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Pilot
Ford F-150 Headlights - Automatic Brights IMG_0650
Interesting that they don’t automatically turn off below that speed. I can pretty much almost come to a stop on a dark road 4 way stop, before they turn off.
I noticed the same thing when turning into my neighborhood. Owner’s manual states The glare free system turns off if the vehicle speed Falls below approximately 19 mph.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Isn't the Auto Brights also controlled by the stalk? I feel like you can use the stalk to have it set to Auto or not.
Sponsored