First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
So did you wrap all around the edges of the headlights or just do the flat fronts section? Just wondering how difficult it is to bend it around the edges without wrinkles or relief cuts.
I just did the flat area and a small portion of a small bend. Covered about 90% I would say, if I had any skill laying this stuff you could easly do the entire front surface. All of the head light surface is covered.
Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I purchased Lamin-X tail light tint which turned out nice. (Will make another post on that when I have more time. )

Also installed Lamin-X clear headlight film. I’m very handy with tools and craft type projects but this is not easy to install, at least not if you want it to look near factory quality. The real bummer is that it has a noticeable orange peel texture that I just couldn’t live with. Some people might not care, but for me it distorts the crisp, clean look of the 2021 headlights too much. Now I’m wondering if another brand might be completely smooth??

Ford F-150 Headlight Protection Film 3B24D9A4-6B23-4056-A2A3-80D079A28005

Airspeed00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 502 SCREW
I purchased Lamin-X tail light tint which turned out nice. (Will make another post on that when I have more time. )

Also installed Lamin-X clear headlight film. I’m very handy with tools and craft type projects but this is not easy to install, at least not if you want it to look near factory quality. The real bummer is that it has a noticeable orange peel texture that I just couldn’t live with. Some people might not care, but for me it distorts the crisp, clean look of the 2021 headlights too much. Now I’m wondering if another brand might be completely smooth??

3B24D9A4-6B23-4056-A2A3-80D079A28005.jpeg
Any updated pics of the head light / tail light install? Cheers!

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Haven’t tried the headlights again but here are the tail lights and cab lights. Only did the whites.
Ford F-150 Headlight Protection Film 312697F6-EFD4-48DC-B452-FE5C27BDC0E2

Sponsored

Airspeed00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Haven’t tried the headlights again but here are the tail lights and cab lights. Only did the whites.
312697F6-EFD4-48DC-B452-FE5C27BDC0E2.jpeg
Thanks! They look great w/ only the reverse done. Now I can place my order. Cheers!

Airspeed00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Headlight Protection Film IMG_3023.PNG

I second that the lamin-x stuff is not easy to work with. I just did the whites on the rears. Not a perfect fit on the inside bottom corners of the BLIS, but I bought some extra to cover any spots that need it.

The headlights were tough to install as well, due to the channel between the large flat part, and the LEDs that surround it. I ended up cutting in the middle of the channel, effectively making it 2 pieces. That helped considerably. I'll post a pic in a couple days once the solution/ any small bubbles have cleared up.

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
I'm assuming you had the Scotchguard Pro Kit installed by now... how do you like it, and how's the quality? Easy to install too?

-DK
Also curious about others experience. Mine is outside almost all the time and I want to delay the yellowing of the headlights as long as possible.

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm assuming you had the Scotchguard Pro Kit installed by now... how do you like it, and how's the quality? Easy to install too?

-DK
I like it and it's holding up well. I don't know if I would buy again. I will say that I had to cut the shape down from what came with the kit. I could not get it to lay flat on the thin part of the cover that points towards the middle of the truck. Just too many curves and I'm not skilled and patient enough to deal with the folds and bubbles. I cut thin piece off and just used the main portion of the kit that covers 85% of the headlight and that worked great as you could easily get the bubbles out. The fog light covers worked fine. I think you could go on Amazon and buy sheets of the same material and just cut to fit the large rectangle piece of the lens.

Sponsored

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Also curious about others experience. Mine is outside almost all the time and I want to delay the yellowing of the headlights as long as possible.
I like it and it's holding up well. I don't know if I would buy again. I will say that I had to cut the shape down from what came with the kit. I could not get it to lay flat on the thin part of the cover that points towards the middle of the truck. Just too many curves and I'm not skilled and patient enough to deal with the folds and bubbles. I cut thin piece off and just used the main portion of the kit that covers 85% of the headlight and that worked great as you could easily get the bubbles out. The fog light covers worked fine. I think you could go on Amazon and buy sheets of the same material and just cut to fit the large rectangle piece of the lens.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
I think so
I would like custom shape set, hand cut sheet would be to hard to do.
I think you could do good enough but up close I think It'd look like poo. I may call local and see how much they charge.
Sponsored