First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I ordered my truck in May and then ordered a few parts that sat around until I took delivery in October. One of those parts was headlight ppf from Invisible Mask. I never even opened the ppf box or looked at it until today when I went to install the film. I did make sure I had the correct supplies exactly as Invisible Mask says to. I'm no pro and don't even have that much patience with this stuff but our headlights are a simple shape so I figured it had to be easy. I was thinking that the ppf would be one big piece and it sort of is but it's shaped very odd in order to cover the thin DRL strip around the main lens. It's one big piece with sort of a leg sticking off to cover the top part of the DRL. It's shaped this way so you don't need relief cuts but even with this shaping I couldn't get the film to lay flat no matter how much I worked it....NOT EVEN CLOSE. I couldn't get the ppf to work like it should due to the shaping (my fault not Invisible Mask) so I cut the film to only cover the main lens and not the DRL so that the film was basically a rectangle. I tossed the part that covers the DRL. If you watch their online video the PPF is installed on a Tesla headlight and it looks really easy to do based on the shape.

I'm happy with the finished product as it protects the large front facing part of the lens but it's not worth the cost. I'm writing this to say I wish I had just bought sheets of PPF on Amazon for much cheaper and cut the film to cover the main front facing part of the lens and not worry about the DRL being exposed. The kit did include PPF for the fog lights as well and they were easier to install.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Littlefield82

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
It’s widely known that headlight lenses can yellow and get scratched up over time and PPF prevents that. Every car that I’ve owned had headlights that look like crap after many years. That’s why headlight restoration kits are made.

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
It’s widely known that headlight lenses can yellow and get scratched up over time and PPF prevents that. Every car that I’ve owned had headlights that look like crap after many years. That’s why headlight restoration kits are made.
So I’m not sure what Kit you purchased but I bought the 3m pro kit and the halo, or whatever they are called, was separate from the main head light. I still had issues getting it to lay down multiple angles, mine came out nice, use a heat gun and your thumb that helps a-lot to get fingers to lay down. It’s definitely not easy installing PPF, I will say my last couple pieces looked way better than the first.

OP
OP
Littlefield82

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
So I’m not sure what Kit you purchased but I bought the 3m pro kit and the halo, or whatever they are called, was separate from the main head light. I still had issues getting it to lay down multiple angles, mine came out nice, use a heat gun and your thumb that helps a-lot to get fingers to lay down. It’s definitely not easy installing PPF, I will say my last couple pieces looked way better than the first.
I bought 3M Pro. The pic below is not 100% accurate as the thin strip on the bottom doesn't exist in the 2021 but the thin strip on the top does and that's what made it harder. I should have tried a blow dryer to help but I got so many sections that were not laying flat that I decided to cut the thin strip off.
https://www.invisiblemask.com/imask/index.php?route=product/product&path=42986&product_id=190855

Ford F-150 Headlight PPF Saga Capture.JPG

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
I also purchased 3m pro and received this kit which matched up great yours almost looks like a 2020 kit

Ford F-150 Headlight PPF Saga 499F2989-1E5F-4C1D-A4F8-E1AFB2005E6B

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
I also purchased 3m pro and received this kit which matched up great yours almost looks like a 2020 kit

499F2989-1E5F-4C1D-A4F8-E1AFB2005E6B.png
Have you installed them yet? If so, how do you like it and how's the quality?

-DK
Sponsored